New Civic impression

Quantum

the civic seems to have taken design cues from the jdm honda accord, i think its very nice indeed

only problem is that the interior is now too small, i'm not very tall but once i've adjusted the driver's seat to my preference, my bf can't sit at the rear comfortably

Your bum must be damn perky [rolleyes]:wub:

↡ Advertisement

Went down to check out honda collection and found they r selling mostly 2009/2010; the quality of leather use seems like cheap local fitted and no more factory fitted like before. The sales person even got cheek to say out loud that they have no cars to sell liao... really sympathize KM... they use to have 5 to 6 youthful female sales [:p] on the floor daily and now only left three low morale uncle...

Worse is mazda with their new showroom next door. Checked their 2010 mazda 6 and spot rust all round door hinge and tachometer twitching uncontrollably...

I beg to differ. No matter how much botox Toyota pumped into Altis, it still cannot shed the 'woody' look and label. The 8th generation Civic design and body contour is hard to match at the same grade especially the FD2 version with the rear LED.

Hello?!? I'm comparing the new civic 9th gen with the FL altis.

Looks like Kah will go out of business if they still persist on premium price on Honda..

Please go and do some reserch before commenting on whether there is a huge premium that KM put on their cars.... the information are available on onemotoring ..... you are not making a fair statement here. Honda cars are more expensive due to teh higher OMV. A VW Jetta has a much better margin for VCS compared to a Civic for KM.

This link maybe helpful ...

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...Cost_Update.pdf

Edited by Civic6228

I do feel that FL altis looks nicer than new civic.

I'm quite impressed with FL altis actually

Is the FL altis refer to the altis which comes with dual vvti? [:/]

I saw the pictures of the new civic, if compared with the previous gen civic really cannot make it. But afterall if you are hardcore fans of civic, i would think this civic design afterall still not that bad.

sad to say in my view, honda shd introduce a turbo variant. yes that wil shift slightly their stubborn stance on the NA vtec. but looking at their pricing, they hv to understand now their competitors are no longer mitsu or toyota jap but the contis. u need something to beat them at their game.

We already saw on TV how their research facilities and assembly lines were affected, they barely got back on their feet. I mean what kind of advancement(tech) is TS expecting in such a short time? [rolleyes]

Is Civic not made in Japan exclusively? R&D should also be in Japan right?

Game over.

Some more got the cheek to say On Indent Basis.

Looks like VW will be 2012- champion again?

VW champion meh?

I tot is BMW in 2011? 2012 will either be BMW again or Benz.

[laugh]

VW champion meh?

I tot is BMW in 2011? 2012 will either be BMW again or Benz.

[laugh]

Likely to be BMW again as they are launching the new 3 series (F30) now .... the 3 series is their volume seller ...

Game over.

Some more got the cheek to say On Indent Basis.

Looks like VW will be 2012- champion again?

Even game over for honda also due to the high COE price which shift people to go buy VW and conti cars. Nothing much to do with the design of the new civic. If COE price still like last time super low, i think this new civic still will sell quite well la.

In this COE climate, only the rich ones will go out to shop for car, and they will usually shop for conti brand. Look at those AD for jap car, they are all struggling for business.

In this COE climate, only the rich ones will go out to shop for car, and they will usually shop for conti brand. Look at those AD for jap car, they are all struggling for business.

Struggling and yet they still can survive. :D

Heard from SHC that the new FB series Civic received quite a number of orders already. Not sure whether it's credible thou.

I guess the current design may no longer appeal to many young hearts out there but still, many uncles looking for a reliable jap car will still consider it. The futuristic interior design will be a plus factor for the uncles.

The "ugly" (previous generation camry butt)

IMG_0246.jpg

Neutral Newbie

yes .. thinking about the flood and disasters last year made me sad .. thinking of all the unfortunate people

made me think helping those who need my help..

Happen to see this on a Charity Car Event .. think it will be for a good cause

Love on Wheels - Zoom Zoom with a Heart is a charity car drive.

Happening on 25 Feb, Participants can form into teams of 2-3 members and will go to different checkpoints and perform activites related to the theme eg: task may involve participating in activities with the underprivileged and participants will deliver sponsored goodies bags to the needy homes.

Register at WWW.PMET.ORG.SG/LOVEONWHEELS Closing date: 10 Feb 2012

Heard there are good prizes for Top Teams, Top 5 Best Dressed Car and Top 5 Best Dressed teams ...