New Civic impression

Quantum

That is because Kah Motors are still stupid enough to take the civic from Japan. Thailand makes the same thing with unnoticeable quality differences. Hey if you are not getting decent sales already, why still so adamant in old habits

Even if they take the Civic from Thailand, the price will be not much different for buyer. Just look at the price for Jazz, it is from Thailand. But KM still price it so high. The only advantage is for KM as they will have better margin.

↡ Advertisement

Even if they take the Civic from Thailand, the price will be not much different for buyer. Just look at the price for Jazz, it is from Thailand. But KM still price it so high. The only advantage is for KM as they will have better margin.

Jazz is from Japan lah. Only City and Accord are from Thailand.

So fugly both interior and exterior. While other carmakers from German and Korea are trying hard to move on with times, Japanese carmakers keep taking a step back in terms of design, value and technology.

At least the Koreans bother to have very nice refreshing stylish designs plus updates its engine (gamma engine with direct injection) and offer 6 speed gearbox.

Neutral Newbie

We already saw on TV how their research facilities and assembly lines were affected, they barely got back on their feet. I mean what kind of advancement(tech) is TS expecting in such a short time? [rolleyes]

So if its affected and they barely got back on their feet, we should accept a lower standard? We are supposed to be "charitable" towards them with our money?

U let your money walk the talk first lo

The 9th gen Civic is designed during the last economic downturn.. so it's targeted at the budget conscious buyer.. Thus the lacklustre image and performance..

Anyway, CEO of Honda has pledge to revert back to the old design mentality and bring forward the next gen Civic.. probably even skipping the facelifted version of 9th gen..

So i'll still with my 8th gen til the next model comes out..

So fugly both interior and exterior. While other carmakers from German and Korea are trying hard to move on with times, Japanese carmakers keep taking a step back in terms of design, value and technology.

At least the Koreans bother to have very nice refreshing stylish designs plus updates its engine (gamma engine with direct injection) and offer 6 speed gearbox.

Yap, the new KIA Optima have recieve quite positive feedback even in Europe (Which is a hard market to crack for non Euporean cars) , & there is even comprison test with the likes of Ford Mondeo in the popular Autobild magazine in Germany. I think it also fare rather well in Matt video review on Carbuyer in U.K.

The 9th gen Civic is designed during the last economic downturn.. so it's targeted at the budget conscious buyer.. Thus the lacklustre image and performance..

Anyway, CEO of Honda has pledge to revert back to the old design mentality and bring forward the next gen Civic.. probably even skipping the facelifted version of 9th gen..

So i'll still with my 8th gen til the next model comes out..

So you are saying even Honda think the 9th Gen Honda isn't good enough? I heard it wasn't faring very well, & have poor review in the US, which is one of their main market, but I need to verify this infomation.

Sometimes a great design win is a curse in itself because its hard to come out with a better one - the current one is really a beautiful looking from every angle.

That is why Europe cars adopt the evolution designs.

So many people say until so bad! :o But i still believe this civic will sell lo, like i said before the previous city when the design even more ugly than the new civic, and yet still many people buy. If the new civic sales no good mostly should due to the high COE price than the design.

I hope KAH can bring in the Eur Civic model. I am not sure if KAH is contractually borned by Honda, getting Civic from Japan only.

If the Facelift of Civic by 2013, probably wait till then to see, if the new image appealing.

Additional to the situation on COE currently, I will keep my Civic 8th Gen from now.

Let Honda realize the sales impact (worldwide) for cutting cost in design and new engine production.

Edited by Tcx607

I hope KAH can bring in the Eur Civic model. I am not sure if KAH is contractually borned by Honda, getting Civic from Japan only.

If the Facelift of Civic by 2013, probably wait till then to see, if the new image appealing.

Additional to the situation on COE currently, I will keep my Civic 8th Gen from now.

Let Honda realize the sales impact (worldwide) for cutting cost in design and new engine production.

My major concern is power rather than look, previously civic is poor guys' racing ride, but new civice without any engine power imporvement even lower than Kia or Hyundai in same class, but price still very jiala [:(], the most disappointed point is not more manual version

Edited by Quantum

Not that bad leh... :huh:

Wat attracts me for civic is the interior interface, none other cars that are affordable to me have digital interface lol! *cat A cars

currently dilemma between civic and prius :wub:

Not that bad leh... :huh:

Wat attracts me for civic is the interior interface, none other cars that are affordable to me have digital interface lol! *cat A cars

currently dilemma between civic and prius :wub:

If you compared civic and prius, sure get prius. The new prius FC is so good! :D

Poor Honda. After loosing so many new cars to the triple disaster and Thailand floods and suffered losses in sales, all ppl can come up with is not even a word of encouragement. All ppl do is criticise.

TS [thumbsdown][thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]

ignore lah... we can always go try it ourselves :D

My major concern is power rather than look, previously civic is poor guys' racing ride, but new civice without any engine power imporvement even lower than Kia or Hyundai in same class, but price still very jiala [:(], the most disappointed point is not more manual version

I think (only) Honda may be switching to other target buyers and no longer caters for those who like affordable 'racer'. Hopefully these group of buyers find something they like elsewhere, maybe even at cheaper price. Whether Honda is making such a move and be successful, we can wait and see. [:)]

If you compared civic and prius, sure get prius. The new prius FC is so good! :D

Wait for coe to drop bah before i let my 2nd hand altis go [laugh]

you means the prius hatchback? or sedan one?

the sedan one looks spacious and big, i like. But i haven seen a new prius hatchback, i wonders if it is small like honda fit or jazz