New Civic impression

Quantum

Current 9-Gen Civic is SOHC.

Read a UK magz, Honda will revamp Civic design for the next 2 yrs. Europe will get the new design first.

Honda has admitted they have focus on save-earth philosophy for last 3yrs and now back to power of dreams.

Let's welcome the Type R again in near future.

I like to see the challenge of GT86, BRZ and Type R.

↡ Advertisement

Current 9-Gen Civic is SOHC.

Read a UK magz, Honda will revamp Civic design for the next 2 yrs. Europe will get the new design first.

Honda has admitted they have focus on save-earth philosophy for last 3yrs and now back to power of dreams.

Let's welcome the Type R again in near future.

I like to see the challenge of GT86, BRZ and Type R.

I wanna see skyline..lol

We already saw on TV how their research facilities and assembly lines were affected, they barely got back on their feet. I mean what kind of advancement(tech) is TS expecting in such a short time? [rolleyes]

than dont change. the previous model is still a looker after many years. if cant improve on it, at least dont kill it.

i own a fd1 4 years ago. it was a nice car. at lease much better looking than this new de.

you sure a not?

look at their brochure lah.. i just did a servicing @KM.. cant be wrong right...

Civic new model come out so fast then talk about facelift or new design liao.. What a joke.

I rather look at the new Elantra than the not-so-new-looking Honda Civic.

Civic new model come out so fast then talk about facelift or new design liao.. What a joke.

I rather look at the new Elantra than the not-so-new-looking Honda Civic.

they admit they somehow lost their direction so am going to rectify it..

hi all,

i've signed for the 9th/gen hybrid at 139.9k 3 bid guranteed package with coe rebate at 64k.

before deciding on the civic, i've also considered the jetta sport which is almost same price.

decided on the civic basis following:

1. warranty: civic = 5 yrs unlimited mileage (if win lucky draw its 10yrs unlimited) / jetta = 3 yrs 100k

2. servicing interval: civic = every 10k / jetta = every 5k due turbo charged engine

3. interior/safety/gadget features: both of similar features but for me i like the civic more.

4. exterior: civic = thu can't compare to the FD but still pleasant to the eye / jetta = boxy and looks like the larger version of the POLO with a BOOT. the older jetta looks more like the previous gen of GOLF with a BOOT. so the jetta seens to be the large version with a BOOT and it's made in mexico not germany.

5. performance: civic = [email protected] rpm + torque of 175nm at 1k-3.5k range rpm + better fuel consumption at 21km/l / jetta = 160 bhp / 240nm sporty and fast but fuel consumption at only 14km/l.

6. OMV: civic = 31.5k for hybrid / jetta = approx 28k.

7. Heard comments on the DSG gearbox not suitable for long term city driving.

above are just my 2 cents worth comparision when i decide which to go for...

hi all,

i've signed for the 9th/gen hybrid at 139.9k 3 bid guranteed package with coe rebate at 64k.

before deciding on the civic, i've also considered the jetta sport which is almost same price.

1. warranty: civic = 5 yrs unlimited mileage (if win lucky draw its 10yrs unlimited) / jetta = 3 yrs 100k

2. servicing interval: civic = every 10k / jetta = every 5k due turbo charged engine

3. interior/safety/gadget features: both of similar features but for me i like the civic more.

4. exterior: civic = thu can't compare to the FD but still pleasant to the eye / jetta = boxy and looks like the larger version of the POLO with a BOOT. the older jetta looks more like the previous gen of GOLF with a BOOT. so the jetta seens to be the large version with a BOOT and it's made in mexico not germany.

5. performance: civic = [email protected] rpm + torque of 175nm at 1k-3.5k range rpm + better fuel consumption at 21km/l / jetta = 160 bhp / 240nm sporty and fast but fuel consumption at only 14km/l.

they really dun make much money but 31.5k omv is really solid. higher than the c class and base a4.

i thk u got a great deal congrats!

Congrats on booking your new civic. But 139K for a civic??? [knife]

u see the omv. 31.5k * 2.3 + 64k coe alr $135k net cost to KM.

jus making finance and ins comm and covering overheads only.

hi all,

Congrats .... have fun. A good deal based on OMV and current COE price. KM hardly have any profit at that price. I have owned 2 Civics and my EK civic remain one of my favorite car.

If I am looking at the Civic today, I would definitely compared it to the Jetta as well .... but I would go for the Jetta .... but the Civic has "better value for money".

u see the omv. 31.5k * 2.3 + 64k coe alr $135k net cost to KM.

jus making finance and ins comm and covering overheads only.

bro... don't forget that for hybrids... there the 15k green rebate... if without the green rebates.... it'll cost me around 150k...

Congrats .... have fun. A good deal based on OMV and current COE price. KM hardly have any profit at that price. I have owned 2 Civics and my EK civic remain one of my favorite car.

If I am looking at the Civic today, I would definitely compared it to the Jetta as well .... but I would go for the Jetta .... but the Civic has "better value for money".

bro... i'm comparing civic hybrid with jetta cos both falls under the cat A coe. but if u compare in terms of performance... u hv to compare between the civic 1.8 and jetta... but the pricing between both is huge margine... and of cos the final choice would be the jetta in terms of value for money....

↡ Advertisement