Cheap red wine

Aaron_soh80

Neutral Newbie

Try 1) Wine connection (if buying in quantity tasting available)

2) Crystal wine (if buying in quantity tasting available)

3) Carrefour (buy as is)

All price to suit all taste and low price does not not mean it has to be tannic, choose a softer grape say majority merlot or beaujolais nouveau.

Have fun.

Check out Fairprice extra, they have wines at $12+, sometime they have 2 for $25 (Maipo, Chilean wine)

Siap, siap is very young wine

I buy those $12++ before lay.. taste horrible.. very la la..(hot)

NTUC Extra & Carrefour have quite a variety of wines that are very drinkable. Though, I always go for wines above $25.00, cos I don't like my wine too 'young' and lack of body.

I wanted to recommend Wolf Blass Grey Label, St Clare's SB & Oyster Bay SB to you.

NTUC & Carrefour carry this brand from an Australian vineyard, they have good Pinot Noir & Merlot, but price should be about S$30++, will let you know the name when I'm home.

If not, just go for any Australian wine within your budget, most of them are easy to drink. For 'siap siap-ness', go for the youngest wine you can find, 2010,2011, should be fine. You can try those that are Shiraz (super siap) or some Merlot.

My philosophy when choosing wines is to go for the type of grapes they produce with (Merlot, Cab Sauv, Shiraz etc.), than the vineyard itself.

Turbocharged

shop & save also have.. range from $12 under promotion to over $30.

not sure if all branch have.. those i saw were at tampines mart

one house brand was apparently repackaged from cold storage

Seems you are also quite a wine drink. I always go for wine festivals and buy in bulk, store in wine cooler. ICA got duties exemption for approved wine events, making many good wine very cheap.

how much cheaper? [:p]

Seems you are also quite a wine drink. I always go for wine festivals and buy in bulk, store in wine cooler. ICA got duties exemption for approved wine events, making many good wine very cheap.

I haven't gone to a wine festival before, cos I used to only drink beers and hard liquor. [laugh]

Only started to drink more wine this year and beginning to use it as an alternative for beer (which causes a severe beer belly).

A wine cooler is on my shopping list when I move to my new house in the future.

Supercharged

Any red wine lover ? can recommend cheap brand to me ? i like those sour taste so call siap siap ..

budget below $30..thanks.. [:p]

u are damm weird.... no one likes siap siap taste except you

anyway since u love siap siap one, you buy anything except Merlot wine. As you know, red wine has different types, right? (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, etc). Merlot is lighter and gives smooth taste, so it doesn't have the siap siap taste.

just go NTUC buy.... lots of cheap wines there

if you live near Kallang, go to the Kalleng Leisure Park, at the basement you see Cold Storage. There is a Wine shop there, selling really cheap wine from $10+ up..........

• Praise 1

u shd PM Tigerwood or Radx [:p]

Why me ?

I only drink Ribena or Sparkling Grape Ju..

But seriously why would anyone want sto drink Siap Siap red wine and @ $30 you can get a nice bottle of Merlot (which is my favourite) ?

I'm not a wine drinker, I'm a wine taster.

If you want to drink wine without food, go for a Muscat instead.

Supercharged

Funny taste you have. Go for Syrah or Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon.

Syrah/Shiraz is best for you I think...

yeah lor...... weird taste.... LOL

↡ Advertisement