Cheap red wine

Aaron_soh80

tat day someone housewarming, we tried a californian cab sav called golden gate from cold storage only 9.90. not bad for the price haha.

I wonder how do Cold Storage makes money. If I remember well, tax for wines is roughly $ 7.20/7.30 per bottle( correct me if I am wrong ).

↡ Advertisement

I wonder how do Cold Storage makes money. If I remember well, tax for wines is roughly $ 7.20/7.30 per bottle( correct me if I am wrong ).

If they already sold the target crates of this wine and left a few bottles they can get rid of it at cost as target met...

NTUC Extra & Carrefour have quite a variety of wines that are very drinkable. Though, I always go for wines above $25.00, cos I don't like my wine too 'young' and lack of body.

I wanted to recommend Wolf Blass Grey Label, St Clare's SB & Oyster Bay SB to you.

NTUC & Carrefour carry this brand from an Australian vineyard, they have good Pinot Noir & Merlot, but price should be about S$30++, will let you know the name when I'm home.

If not, just go for any Australian wine within your budget, most of them are easy to drink. For 'siap siap-ness', go for the youngest wine you can find, 2010,2011, should be fine. You can try those that are Shiraz (super siap) or some Merlot.

My philosophy when choosing wines is to go for the type of grapes they produce with (Merlot, Cab Sauv, Shiraz etc.), than the vineyard itself.

Ok. I found my bottle cap. It's Rosemount - Diamond Label. I've tried their Pinot Noir & Merlot so far. Not bad I must say.

ya tax about $6-7....prob not making money on this but supermarkets are like that. some cheap some exp. [:)]

$4 wine better than most wine here is also not true. If so, you should import them in bulk.

These $4 wines are sold in USA and actually taste OK and I was shocked that

they are artificially aged by chemicals instead - for me that is an insult to wine making.

Frankly I don't recommend anyone of you to buy cheap wines.

There are also cheap whisky for $3 ..

• Praise 1

There are decent cheap wine, but someone is saying his $4 wine beats ask the $30 wine hands down. I want to import this wine king in bulk.

that is no surprise actually as the technology is advance enough to make Grape Ju to taste like a full bodied Merlot with added essence to hint as fruits as well.

Yes it is possible for a $4 wine tasting better than a $30 wine.

But do I want to risk my health to save money and drink a $4 wine ? NO. I'd rather drink my Diamond Water at home.

Edited by Tigerwoods

Neutral Newbie

FOR SALE: Wolf Blass Bilyara Shiraz 2011 (750ml) - FIRE SALE

Retail price S$30/ bottle.

Special price S$18/ bottle or $198 per 1 box of 12 bottles.

I have 4 full unopened boxes or 48 bottles to let go.

Email: [email protected]

Review of this wine:

This wine is not spicy unlike the typical shiraz, it is soft, approachable and easy to drink. This fruit-driven Shiraz has a plum and berry nose with rich, berry flavours.

Read more about this wine at:

http://www.wolfblasswines.com/en/Our-Wines.../Shiraz.aspxFOR SALE: Wolf Blass Bilyara Shiraz 2011 (750ml) - FIRE SALE

Retail price S$30/ bottle.

Special price S$18/ bottle or $198 per 1 box of 12 bottles.post-122546-1355665130_thumb.jpgpost-122546-1355665149_thumb.png

I have 4 full unopened boxes or 48 bottles to let go.

Email: [email protected]

Review of this wine:

This wine is not spicy unlike the typical shiraz, it is soft, approachable and easy to drink. This fruit-driven Shiraz has a plum and berry nose with rich, berry flavours.

Read more about this wine at:

http://www.wolfblasswines.com/en/Our-Wines...ara/Shiraz.aspx

It's the taxes which brings up the cost of alcohol here.

I remember paying Eur4 for a pitcher of red wine at a restaurant in Rome. Wifey and I had a good time "going at each other" that night!

I buy those $12++ before lay.. taste horrible.. very la la..(hot)

its not the price u paid, think u hv got urself a Shiraz... its a spicy taste is a unique charactor of shiraz cause manufacture mix spices (sometimes pepper) while processing the wine...

• Praise 1

its not the price u paid, think u hv got urself a Shiraz... its a spicy taste is a unique charactor of shiraz cause manufacture mix spices (sometimes pepper) while processing the wine...

Try Merlot next time, i prefer it's more fruity taste.

Or if want Shiraz, try those from Barossa valley, Heathcote and Yarra Valley. These few region Shiraz are pretty good, try different winery also for different favour.

Edited by Trex101

Neutral Newbie

You can try this French Red Table Wine call 'Bolero'. I bought it at a wine store call SourGrapes at albert court for $12. They've got pretty cheap and nice wine there. Cheapest I've seen so far.