Search
Cheap wine

• Search this thread
97 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

These $4 wines are sold in USA and actually taste OK and I was shocked that
they are artificially aged by chemicals instead - for me that is an insult to wine making.
Frankly I don't recommend anyone of you to buy cheap wines.
There are also cheap whisky for $3 ..

There are decent cheap wine, but someone is saying his $4 wine beats ALL the $30 wine hands down. I want to import this wine king in bulk.

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 08 February 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

There are decent cheap wine, but someone is saying his $4 wine beats ask the $30 wine hands down. I want to import this wine king in bulk.

that is no surprise actually as the technology is advance enough to make Grape Ju to taste like a full bodied Merlot with added essence to hint as fruits as well.
Yes it is possible for a $4 wine tasting better than a $30 wine.
But do I want to risk my health to save money and drink a $4 wine ? NO. I'd rather drink my Diamond Water at home.

Edited by Tigerwoods, 08 February 2012 - 10:39 PM.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    6th Gear

For those who are interested, Bottles & Bottles are selling Wolf Blass Grey Label @ $49.90/bottle. wink.gif

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged

anyw TS, last sat i had a wolf blass cab-merlot 2010. i thk the taste is what u looking for. happy.gif
2BDriver praised this
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Rusves
  • Rusves
    Neutral Newbie

FOR SALE: Wolf Blass Bilyara Shiraz 2011 (750ml) - FIRE SALE

Retail price S$30/ bottle.
Special price S$18/ bottle or $198 per 1 box of 12 bottles.
I have 4 full unopened boxes or 48 bottles to let go.
Email: memoryphoto@rocketmail.com

Review of this wine:
This wine is not spicy unlike the typical shiraz, it is soft, approachable and easy to drink. This fruit-driven Shiraz has a plum and berry nose with rich, berry flavours.

Read more about this wine at:
http://www.wolfblass.../Shiraz.aspxFOR SALE: Wolf Blass Bilyara Shiraz 2011 (750ml) - FIRE SALE

Retail price S$30/ bottle.
Special price S$18/ bottle or $198 per 1 box of 12 bottles.WolfBlassBilyaraShiraz2011.jpg WolfBlassBilyaraShiraz_RetailS_30.png
I have 4 full unopened boxes or 48 bottles to let go.
Email: memoryphoto@rocketmail.com

Review of this wine:
This wine is not spicy unlike the typical shiraz, it is soft, approachable and easy to drink. This fruit-driven Shiraz has a plum and berry nose with rich, berry flavours.

Read more about this wine at:
http://www.wolfblass...ara/Shiraz.aspx

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Aliensmotor
  • Aliensmotor
    Neutral Newbie

i bought one bottle of RED wine in Spain at 2 Euro ..unbelievable.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    6th Gear

there is a wine shop along robertson quay, check it out.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Altivo
  • Premium member
    Altivo
    NOS-ed

It's the taxes which brings up the cost of alcohol here.

I remember paying Eur4 for a pitcher of red wine at a restaurant in Rome. Wifey and I had a good time "going at each other" that night!

Be responsible, practice safe driving, practice safe sex

Getz: May'04-Feb'08, Avante: Feb'08

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Burnky
  • Burnky
    Neutral Newbie

anyone knows where can i get cheap dessert wine or Rosť?

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Burnky
  • Burnky
    Neutral Newbie

anyone knows where can i get cheap dessert wine or Rosť?

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Tigershark1976
  • Tigershark1976
    Supercharged

I buy those $12++ before lay.. taste horrible.. very la la..(hot)

its not the price u paid, think u hv got urself a Shiraz... its a spicy taste is a unique charactor of shiraz cause manufacture mix spices (sometimes pepper) while processing the wine...
2BDriver praised this

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear

its not the price u paid, think u hv got urself a Shiraz... its a spicy taste is a unique charactor of shiraz cause manufacture mix spices (sometimes pepper) while processing the wine...

Try Merlot next time, i prefer it's more fruity taste.

Or if want Shiraz, try those from Barossa valley, Heathcote and Yarra Valley. These few region Shiraz are pretty good, try different winery also for different favour.

Edited by Trex101, 04 February 2013 - 08:17 AM.

My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 100+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline High Temp ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

jeyla
  • jeyla
    Neutral Newbie

You can try this  French Red Table Wine call 'Bolero'. I bought it at a wine store call SourGrapes at albert court for $12. They've got pretty cheap and nice wine there. Cheapest I've seen so far.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    NOS-ed

Has anyone mention Brown Brothers yet? [thumbsup]

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

carz86
  • carz86
    Neutral Newbie

Check out the Wine Connection, they've got endless selections of cheap and good red wines.

https://www.wineconn...at-bastard.html This Fat B astard range is one  I particularly like, very smooth and full. Beautiful colour too.

Attached Thumbnails

• fat-bastard.jpg

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    6th Gear

I rather buy those commonly see and popular brands in the supermarket than those funny and funky name wines.

Pinot Noir is a good bet for all those who never drink wine before.
Generally dry, less tannins and medium acids, medium body. Can pair with foods and drink on its own.
Lots of the famous red burgundy has pinot noir as the majority varietal.

Edited by Atonchia, 27 January 2014 - 02:26 AM.

Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    6th Gear

I don't think they really add spice to get the taste. Its because after fermentation and maturation there are some characteristics, that's similar to spice were detected so giving us the sensation of spices.

Btw our taste buds only allow us to taste sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami. Spicy sensation is not a taste sensation, but rather a pain sensation from all nerves in the palate.
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious

anyone knows where can i get cheap dessert wine or Rosé?

Brown brother? Their range of moscato and rose quite decent for the price

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users