Some things I saw at a child care center

Jj5599

I was picking up my kid from a renowned child care centre whom my kid just enrolled in.

Upon entering the place I saw a care giver cum teacher reprimanding a young boy of 3 years + demanding an answer why he did such a thing..she kept repeating her questions in commanding tone..I was like thinking if I was one of the parents of the boy my heart would sink.

↡ Advertisement

Child care is like restaurant what u don't see u don't know....but with a parent around they still do this really makes me wonder if no parents present how?

Is the teacher young or old? Usually old one are more experience and patience. Sad to say that most childcares prefer hiring the young one as they are cheaper.

Edited by Megaweb

Is the teacher young or old? Usually old one are more experience and patient. Sad to say that most childcares prefer hiring the young one as they are cheaper.

Young teacher...couldn't be older than 22..

Fast forward 12 years later.......

" I saw a parent talking to a teenage boy of 15 years+ demanding an answer why he did such a thing..she kept repeating her questions in pleading tone..I was like thinking if I was one of the parents of the boy my heart would sink. He then scolded his parent for wasting his time and calling her names for asking questions and finally called her STUPID and he will not take care of her when he grows up. She then tried shoving him to face the cupboard but the boy retaliated and shoved her back! I was damn angry but who was I to intervene? This went on and on for a good 20 minutes at least! All the while the boy was nonchalant about the whole thing and spewing vulgarities. "

Discipline has to be instilled when young. The child must understand there is a consequence for his action.

Some people never ever learn this simple concept of action->consequence.

When I asked for tissue paper for my child's tears.........a tissue came..but it wasn't facial tissue......must they save until like that????

I was picking up my kid from a renowned child care centre whom my kid just enrolled in.

Upon entering the place I saw a care giver cum teacher reprimanding a young boy of 3 years + demanding an answer why he did such a thing..she kept repeating her questions in commanding tone..I was like thinking if I was one of the parents of the boy my heart would sink.

I wanted to lecture that idiot, but later she might inflict harm to my kid...who knows she might be mentally unsound?

Parents shld constantly asked for feedback from their children n find out their well being..communication lah...impt...I communicate w my kids...so they will tell me what happened in sch..u shld make a pt to also find out the other side of the story...validate first n if it is true then u react...

Parents shld constantly asked for feedback from their children n find out their well being..communication lah...impt...I communicate w my kids...so they will tell me what happened in sch..u shld make a pt to also find out the other side of the story...validate first n if it is true then u react...

Fast forward 12 years later.......

" I saw a parent talking to a teenage boy of 15 years+ demanding an answer why he did such a thing..she kept repeating her questions in pleading tone..I was like thinking if I was one of the parents of the boy my heart would sink. He then scolded his parent for wasting his time and calling her names for asking questions and finally called her STUPID and he will not take care of her when he grows up. She then tried shoving him to face the cupboard but the boy retaliated and shoved her back! I was damn angry but who was I to intervene? This went on and on for a good 20 minutes at least! All the while the boy was nonchalant about the whole thing and spewing vulgarities. "

Discipline has to be instilled when young. The child must understand there is a consequence for his action.

Some people never ever learn this simple concept of action->consequence.

Emotional abuse is discipline? Hurting a 3 year old's self esteem is discipline?

I feel sorry for your kid.

some kids are well known terrors despite their small age.

care giver should give them their due discipline.

Well, what the teacher did can hardly be considered discipline.

Emotional abuse is discipline? Hurting a 3 year old's self esteem is discipline?

I feel sorry for your kid.

You have a kid? I don't think so.

↡ Advertisement