• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ace
  • Ace
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi
lately I have been seeming more and more ants(small one) in my house. I try using ants poison but to no effect.
Any bros got better recommendation. THanks

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Cars08
  • Cars08
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ghost ants?

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Anyname
  • Anyname
    Clutched
    Author Image

Try the sugar gel types, they are usually more effective, not because they are more toxic but just a more attractive bait.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Cars08
  • Cars08
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Try the sugar gel types, they are usually more effective, not because they are more toxic but just a more attractive bait.

Im looking high n low leh in supermarket but could nt find...

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Elmo
  • Premium member
    Elmo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you can't find the thing that is attracting them then try to find the trail as close to the source i.e start of ant trail as possible, and place something / bait that will attract them. Example a bowl of sweetened water. The bowl makes it easier to clear away and 'promotes' drowning of ants.
This will cut off the trail and make them gather nearer to their source. Then when the bait is full and they are having their mass orgy, just spray insecticide.

Hope this helps.
PSN ID: Havock3662

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Anyname
  • Anyname
    Clutched
    Author Image

Key is to kill the queen, hence the use of bait otherwise its endless, even then when one specie is killed usually replaced by another type and colony.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i am one that bought the sugar gel type ant baits all the way from ebay america.

they works wonders as the ants will always be attracted to it.

but, it will only last a few weeks, then you will see the ants coming back, its like they spawn again.

i will use the gel again, and the cycle keeps repeating.

gave up, these ants will never disappear, like energizer, they keep spawning and spawning.
piss, i mean 'peace' to all

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Scb11980
  • Scb11980
    Banned

move house

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i am one that bought the sugar gel type ant baits all the way from ebay america.

but, it will only last a few weeks, then you will see the ants coming back, its like they spawn again.

gave up, these ants will never disappear, like energizer, they keep spawning and spawning.

Nowadays it should be

gave up, these ants will never disappear, like eneloop, they keep spawning and spawning.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi
lately I have been seeming more and more ants(small one) in my house. I try using ants poison but to no effect.

try to T-Loan this.

24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Anyname
  • Anyname
    Clutched
    Author Image

Curious what is the active ingredient?

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Roborovskii
  • Roborovskii
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Either learn to live with them or get used to the exterminating cycle (they always come back). tongue.gif

I have gotten used to the cycle. Sometimes your home will be ant free for up to 2 months. But at times they come back as fast as 2 days.
“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see money flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed.” - Ayn Rand

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

Hi

we cant..... can we get rid of unwanted FWs??? ohmy.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

try to T-Loan this.

since all ants want is food... why not keep a pile of sugar outside the house to lure them away ?? biggrin.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Curious what is the active ingredient?

i copy and paste here for you,

Broadspectrum: controls all key Sweet Feeders, PLUS additional species

High attractant, homogenous formulation
Impacts all life stages for total colony control
DuPont™ Advion® ant gel bait is a new, superior ant bait from DuPont Professional Products. It targets most pest species of ants, including all key sweet feeders plus additional ant species.

By combining the power of MetaActive™ and a highly attractive gel formulation, Advion® provides a powerful new tool for broad-spectrum ant control.

The translucent, no odor, non-staining formulation maintains its integrity for extended periods. This allows ants to consume more bait over an extended period, resulting in thorough control of the entire infestation.

Advion® ant gel contains a unique active ingredient unlike any other ant gel. In fact, it’s the only member of its class of chemistry, the Oxadiazines, so it performs like no other insecticide. Based on its excellent environmental and toxicological profile, this new technology from DuPont Professional Products is one of only a few insecticides to be classified as Reduced-Risk by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Active Ingredient: Indoxacarb 0.05%

Target pests: All major species of ants including: Argentine, Big Headed, Carpenter, Cornfield, Crazy, Field, Ghost, Harvester, Honey, Little Black, Odorous House, Pavement, Pharaoh, Pyramid, Red Imported Fire Ant, Rover, Thief and White Footed.

piss, i mean 'peace' to all

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi

Don't throw away your ant poison. It works but you need to add some honey or milk to it to attract the ants. The ants will disappear in 2 days.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Cars08
  • Cars08
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I spray near their nest..but they super smart...wait for me to leave hm..start relocating..how i found out..i stepped out 15 mins...come back...saw them carrying their eggs...man...i hv no choice but to kill watever i see there...feels abit guilty after tat... sad.gif

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Aaron_soh80
  • Aaron_soh80
    Banned

dun leave any food/glass of water on the table or drop a bit food/water on the floor..clean up after meal.. must be very clean.. the best is dun cook .. they will die of hunger

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Anyname
  • Anyname
    Clutched
    Author Image

Try the Syngenta brand, its based on Thiamethoxame, slower acting that way its ensured to be transferred to the Queen but again you will have another specie replacing them. Usually it takes quite a few gos unless you stay next to a reserve which makes it next to impossible. Unfortunately resistance will occur and switching brands helps

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Aaron_soh80
  • Aaron_soh80
    Banned

I spray near their nest..but they super smart...wait for me to leave hm..start relocating..how i found out..i stepped out 15 mins...come back...saw them carrying their eggs...man...i hv no choice but to kill watever i see there...feels abit guilty after tat... sad.gif

there must be a reason they wan to stay..do u have plant at home ? or dustbin got food nvr clear ?

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: ants, house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users