How to get rid of ants in the house

Ace

Hi

lately I have been seeming more and more ants(small one) in my house. I try using ants poison but to no effect.

Any bros got better recommendation. THanks

↡ Advertisement

Try the sugar gel types, they are usually more effective, not because they are more toxic but just a more attractive bait.

Im looking high n low leh in supermarket but could nt find...

If you can't find the thing that is attracting them then try to find the trail as close to the source i.e start of ant trail as possible, and place something / bait that will attract them. Example a bowl of sweetened water. The bowl makes it easier to clear away and 'promotes' drowning of ants.

This will cut off the trail and make them gather nearer to their source. Then when the bait is full and they are having their mass orgy, just spray insecticide.

Hope this helps.

Neutral Newbie

Key is to kill the queen, hence the use of bait otherwise its endless, even then when one specie is killed usually replaced by another type and colony.

i am one that bought the sugar gel type ant baits all the way from ebay america.

they works wonders as the ants will always be attracted to it.

but, it will only last a few weeks, then you will see the ants coming back, its like they spawn again.

i will use the gel again, and the cycle keeps repeating.

gave up, these ants will never disappear, like energizer, they keep spawning and spawning.

i am one that bought the sugar gel type ant baits all the way from ebay america.

but, it will only last a few weeks, then you will see the ants coming back, its like they spawn again.

gave up, these ants will never disappear, like energizer, they keep spawning and spawning.

Nowadays it should be

gave up, these ants will never disappear, like eneloop, they keep spawning and spawning.

Neutral Newbie

Curious what is the active ingredient?

Either learn to live with them or get used to the exterminating cycle (they always come back). [:p]

I have gotten used to the cycle. Sometimes your home will be ant free for up to 2 months. But at times they come back as fast as 2 days.

Hi

lately I have been seeming more and more ants(small one) in my house. I try using ants poison but to no effect.

we cant..... can we get rid of unwanted FWs??? :o

Curious what is the active ingredient?

i copy and paste here for you,

Broadspectrum: controls all key Sweet Feeders, PLUS additional species

High attractant, homogenous formulation

Impacts all life stages for total colony control

DuPont

Hi

Don't throw away your ant poison. It works but you need to add some honey or milk to it to attract the ants. The ants will disappear in 2 days.

I spray near their nest..but they super smart...wait for me to leave hm..start relocating..how i found out..i stepped out 15 mins...come back...saw them carrying their eggs...man...i hv no choice but to kill watever i see there...feels abit guilty after tat... [:(]

dun leave any food/glass of water on the table or drop a bit food/water on the floor..clean up after meal.. must be very clean.. the best is dun cook .. they will die of hunger

↡ Advertisement