How to get rid of ants in the house

Ace

Neutral Newbie

yeah seems that it is a serious issue..... you should sugar in your outer side of house and for sugar they will went out..

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Must find their nests.  Buy those ant bait and place it near their nests or places where you see a lot of ants. 

Have to change different brand over time,  They are quite smart, they recognise the smell.  

The ants are very irritating de, although destroy, they will come back after few months, keep all food in an air tight container so they cannot smell.

I once trace the ants trait and found that they actually had a nest inside the wooden knives holder in the kitchen.  No matter how clean I kept at the kitchen top I still see them.  One day, I hit the knives holder against the table and saw many ants fallen down.  I hit harder and more and more fell including the queen ants.  I put the whole holder inside a pail of water and all ants floated out and there were a total 8 queen ants!

The last time i have ants in my house was in 2017, after absence for nearly a year, recently those ants come back again! This time they are running everywhere in my kitchen, even i have wipe clean on my stove, table top and sink after cooking, they still appeared one big group of ants on all these place! Like this i cannot cook liao, if cook surely will have ants appeared after sometime or overnight.  [dizzy]

• Praise 1

The last time i have ants in my house was in 2017, after absence for nearly a year, recently those ants come back again! This time they are running everywhere in my kitchen, even i have wipe clean on my stove, table top and sink after cooking, they still appeared one big group of ants on all these place! Like this i cannot cook liao, if cook surely will have ants appeared after sometime or overnight. [dizzy]

Must find their nests.
  • Praise 4

The last time i have ants in my house was in 2017, after absence for nearly a year, recently those ants come back again! This time they are running everywhere in my kitchen, even i have wipe clean on my stove, table top and sink after cooking, they still appeared one big group of ants on all these place! Like this i cannot cook liao, if cook surely will have ants appeared after sometime or overnight.  [dizzy]

If u see ants, observe their behaviour, it's quite easy to identify possible nesting sites for them. Very often is between the cabinets and the wall etc.

Use the terro ant killer i mentioned earlier, drop it where they congregate. If they finish it, drop a bit more. confirm within 3 days no more ants.

The only times it's tough is when once my wife said the ants refused the bait. But eventually some succumbed haha  [laugh]

My wife is very particular with no ants in the house. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Terro ant dust

http://www.terro.com/terro-ant-dust

Sprinkle on them if there was a line for your food.

After a while, all of them will be gone.

I bought this from Amazon long time ago, but seems they have stopped shipping to Sg.

Diatomaceous Earth works too, if you can find it.

https://www.amazon.com/Safer-Brand-51703-Diatomaceous-Crawling/dp/B01D60GAW2/

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

If u see ants, observe their behaviour, it's quite easy to identify possible nesting sites for them. Very often is between the cabinets and the wall etc.

Use the terro ant killer i mentioned earlier, drop it where they congregate. If they finish it, drop a bit more. confirm within 3 days no more ants.

The only times it's tough is when once my wife said the ants refused the bait. But eventually some succumbed haha  [laugh]

My wife is very particular with no ants in the house. 

Hard to no ants in the house de, esp if you cook. Cause the smell and the food preparation on the kitchen top might attract ants, even you thought you have clean the kitchen top and hob thoroughly. I guess my ants nest is behind my kitchen cabinets and below my kitchen top in between the crack. Cause seems like they crawl out from there, so dont know where i should place those ants bait. I scare wait i use sprinkle those powder form or liquid type ant bait on kitchen top and sink, wait it might accidentally containment the food. 

Hard to no ants in the house de, esp if you cook. Cause the smell and the food preparation on the kitchen top might attract ants, even you thought you have clean the kitchen top and hob thoroughly. I guess my ants nest is behind my kitchen cabinets and below my kitchen top in between the crack. Cause seems like they crawl out from there, so dont know where i should place those ants bait. I scare wait i use sprinkle those powder form or liquid type ant bait on kitchen top and sink, wait it might accidentally containment the food. 

For a flat, i think It's really quite easy to remove household ants since not landed or ground floor unit. As compared to cockroaches or lizards.

My in laws went on 1 week holiday, and my wife wiped out most of the ants in their flat.

Edited by Lala81

For a flat, i think It's really quite easy to remove household ants since not landed or ground floor unit. As compared to cockroaches or lizards.

My in laws went on 1 week holiday, and my wife wiped out most of the ants in their flat.

How your wife wiped out those ants? 

Actually sometimes not difficult to remove household ants in a flat, but many times after wiping out those ants and they will come back again after absence for a while de. Also dont know why. My friend's house have tried all sorts of ants removing method but until now the house still full of ants?! Lol.

Actually sometimes not difficult to remove household ants in a flat, but many times after wiping out those ants and they will come back again after absence for a while de. Also dont know why. My friend's house have tried all sorts of ants removing method but until now the house still full of ants?! Lol.

just use the Terro i mentioned lor.

U have to keep killing them. Every few months they will try to invade my kitchen or even troop in under my main door.

But my wife will observe them and place the bait accordingly.

But the bait makes it much easier. they usually just die in the nest. And since the nest is hidden, no mess to clean up haha

Supersonic

When there's food for humans, there's ants.

Take a holiday, go away for 1 month.

Come back, you'll find not much ants.

When you start cooking again, they will come. [:p]

once my kids or myself mention got an ant in the house, my wife will have like a gleam in her eye. She's quite obsessed about taking them down.

just use the Terro i mentioned lor.

U have to keep killing them. Every few months they will try to invade my kitchen or even troop in under my main door.

But my wife will observe them and place the bait accordingly.

But the bait makes it much easier. they usually just die in the nest. And since the nest is hidden, no mess to clean up haha

Which type you use? I googled and saw many types - powder, liquid, spray and bait.

Are they easily available in supermarket?

Thanks. :)

• Praise 1

There is a merciful way

Use cinnamon powder or stick

Got to buy the pure Ceylon ones not China

This is to chase them out of the home instead of killing them

It is a costly way but effective

• Praise 1

Which type you use? I googled and saw many types - powder, liquid, spray and bait.

Are they easily available in supermarket?

Thanks. :)

So far round at ntuc hypermart. My ntuc finest near work don't have. Bought 3 years ago though.

Liquid

• Praise 1

Like that the kitchen can only used for showcase rather than for cooking...  [laugh]

• Praise 1

You are right. If long time no cook or seldom cook, indeed lesser ants or all ants disappeared. 

Like that the kitchen can only used for showcase rather than for cooking...  [laugh]

Depends on yourself lo, some people cook everyday and there are many ants in their kitchen they also dont bother. Lol.

Turbocharged

There is a merciful way

Use cinnamon powder or stick

Got to buy the pure Ceylon ones not China

This is to chase them out of the home instead of killing them

It is a costly way but effective

how to use it? just leave it there in original form or need to crush it?

but 1 easy way to get rid of ants is to find their nest assuming it's not hidden in the cracks under your walls. i once found an ant nest in a cardboard box holding an unopened bottle of choya.

↡ Advertisement