"New Zealand" is 纽西兰 or 新西兰???

Lurpsexx

你可曾听说有个巴厘岛,

就在那印度尼西亚,

那岛上风景美丽如图画,

谁都会深深爱上它。

nice old song [laugh]

OMG..............you are the man!!!!!...................this is the song..............so long already!!!............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Lurpsexx very bo liao...

it's just the international standardization of the Chinese names, naturally they will follow China

just like Britain is the main source of standardization for English

like that also an excuse to anti-PRC?

what about panda?

it's 熊猫 in China and 猫熊 in Taiwan... so we should follow ROC instead?

i'm ok with these standardization as long as our own words are not affected...

i'll be buay song if any FTs interfere and insist our markets are called 集市 instead of 巴刹... our drains are called 水沟 instead of our favourite 龙沟

in fact, do you know last time they tried to change the names Tekka to Zhujiao and Bukit Panjang to Zhenghua without success? (they did succeed in converting the name of Nee Soon to Yishun)

In England, football is played with 22 men chasing after a round rubber ball..

In US of A, football is played with big men chasing after a nut like ball and throwing it around..

So did US of A follow British standardization of the word "football"???

No one is compelled to follow ol Cheena in name standardization, like Taiwan chinese and PRC chinese are also different wat..

Like u said, if the words we are familiar with are not affected, then we OK? Then how did u learn the chinese wording for New Zealand in primary school then? (assuming u were in primary school like 30 years back) Was it xin xi lan or niu xi lan?

Well, you contradicted yourself above, when u said i was anti-PRCs for their naming of new zealand as xin xi lan... which i am sure it was not taught like that to me in school... but u will also be buay song with FT if china decide to internationalise the word "market" as 集市 instead of 巴刹?? So what is your stand? Aren't we talking about the same thing?

I buay song bec things and words are turned on its head, and different from what we used to know of them... so which is right? or maybe all is right or all is wrong??? I'm confused....

You know who is wrong when one football is played with hand.

In US of A, football is played with big men chasing after a nut like ball and throwing it around..

No one is compelled to follow ol Cheena in name standardization, like Taiwan chinese and PRC chinese are also different wat..

Like u said, if the words we are familiar with are not affected, then we OK? Then how did u learn the chinese wording for New Zealand in primary school then? (assuming u were in primary school like 30 years back) Was it xin xi lan or niu xi lan?

Well, you contradicted yourself above, when u said i was anti-PRCs for their naming of new zealand as xin xi lan... which i am sure it was not taught like that to me in school... but u will also be buay song with FT if china decide to internationalise the word "market" as 集市 instead of 巴刹?? So what is your stand? Aren't we talking about the same thing?

I buay song bec things and words are turned on its head, and different from what we used to know of them... so which is right? or maybe all is right or all is wrong??? I'm confused....

You know who is wrong when one football is played with hand.

Best answer of the year..................I give you a prize!!!!................ [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [laugh] [laugh]

In a way, in Japan wrestling becomes sumo-style and quite 'artistic'..... only a few other nationalities take part in this art :D

[laugh] [laugh] Very true!

Or who knows, it may just happen the other way round also! Look at what has happened to the word "talent" and "fans".

Talent used to be "Cai hua", now its known as "Ta Len"

Fans used to be "Ge (song) mi, Ying(movie) mi, Qiu (soccer) mi" now it is known as "Fen Shi"

What they hell are the people in middle country doing?!?!? Enjoying too much economic success until nothing better to do and go screw around with their own language [bigcry]

language is like water, the user can put it into any container and the shape of it will change?? isnt this 'beautiful'? rules, if there's any, are meant to be broken :D

japanese also borrows the 'sounds' of foreign words...... oh, didnt kowtow, taipan etc originat from chinese language?

you should be glad that we have ppl here to finally teaching us the proper chinese.

Its embaressing when i go Taiwan and speak in a chinese that the local there dont understand..

hack they understanding PRC chinese better than our chinese. look who is more damned [:/]

i am truly entertained just by enjoying/listening to the same language spoken in different accents by people from all over the world, be it English, chinese or whatever :D

Personally, i dont really mind the same place having two versions of chinese name coz i will just use the one i fancy.... problems start to arise when taxi drivers are confused....

Lurpsexx very bo liao...

it's just the international standardization of the Chinese names, naturally they will follow China

just like Britain is the main source of standardization for English

like that also an excuse to anti-PRC?

what about panda?

it's 熊猫 in China and 猫熊 in Taiwan... so we should follow ROC instead?

i'm ok with these standardization as long as our own words are not affected...

i'll be buay song if any FTs interfere and insist our markets are called 集市 instead of 巴刹... our drains are called 水沟 instead of our favourite 龙沟

in fact, do you know last time they tried to change the names Tekka to Zhujiao and Bukit Panjang to Zhenghua without success? (they did succeed in converting the name of Nee Soon to Yishun)

For their capital Jarkata where most pple call referred as Ya3 Jia1 Da2, but for Indonesia Chinese, it is referred as Ye4 Cheng2.

印尼 also change to 印度尼西亚 liao

hee, one day Malaysia will be shortened to Ma-Ya..... :D Philippines - Fei Bin

马来西亚......has been shorten to.........大马.......

菲律宾.....already shorten le..............the full name is 菲律宾共和国...........

looks like that one day was here long ago............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

马来西亚......has been shorten to.........大马.......

菲律宾.....already shorten le..............the full name is 菲律宾共和国...........

looks like that one day was here long ago............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

think only apply to west malaysia.. cause its the bigger of the two ma??

the other one is called Xiao Ma?? [:p]

think only apply to west malaysia.. cause its the bigger of the two ma??

the other one is called Xiao Ma?? [:p]

yes............refer to west malaysia............because east malaysia is refer to as 东马............... [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement