How To Avoid Dementia.

2BDriver

But one of the things to do to avoid Dementia is Read and write daily le! So you everyday read and "write" in MCF should consider?! :D

Hehehe... i read but dun write much as you can see from my posts [;)] But then its better than doing nothin right? thank you MCF!

↡ Advertisement

Bro Old Driver,

I'm 55, one of my good friends at 58 years old phone called another of our ex-colleague, told him that he never see us in this CNY, but on the 6th.day of CNY, all 3 of us was together having dinner at Hougang Mall.

Few months back, I have notice he keeps forgeting our meeting appointment, he stays alone in Aljunied Flat and we're worry he might one day lost his way home [sweatdrop]

Quite scary, especially if you are staying alone and the brain is not working and the chances of dementia is pretty high

Wash your car daily.

This will give you cardiovascular activity and you need to plan to find out how to remove that difficult spot or make your car shine brighter.

You will also discover scratches or dents which will work your brain to find out how to fix them or to fix the scratcher.

For me wash N Shine will be good enough, the more I concern of the scratches and dents, I'll finds plenty again in my next wash sometime makes me no mood to starts washing.

Can play small small one la. Who needs to play so big?

Seriously it's better than paying $$ to eat those omega oil stuff..

If you short of 三却一 mahjong legs ? Kindly drop me a PM :D

I'm not good in mahjong at all, my friends used to call me.... 朋友, 快点赶过来我的家, 我们三个人等着你来添油 [:(]

One more thing that can prevent dementia.

Play Xbox kinect games or Wii. Definitely 100% works.

Actually there are alot of things that can prevent dementia. Up to the people whether they want to do it or not.

21. In addition, actively participating MCF forum, sending, receiving, sharing,

distributing information, and current affairs every day will helps the brain function

and exercise !

ahem...thot if surf MCF everyday, become retard liao..... [laugh]

• Praise 1

If you short of 三却一 mahjong legs ? Kindly drop me a PM :D

I'm not good in mahjong at all, my friends used to call me.... 朋友, 快点赶过来我的家, 我们三个人等着你来添油 [:(]

三缺一, not 三却一 [:p]

see you need to practice more if not will forget [laugh]

三缺一, not 三却一 [:p]

see you need to practice more if not will forget [laugh]

你我已经有痴呆症了, 大家都写的不太对, 正确是 [knife]三切一 !

Edited by Fongmy

你我已经有痴呆疹了, 大家都写的不太对, 正确是 [knife]三切一 !

哈哈哈! 也对!那要看谁被切! [laugh]

哦, 是痴呆症, 不是疹!

哈哈哈! 也对!那要看谁被切! [laugh]

哦, 是痴呆症, 不是疹!

You are Super Good 高级华文老师傅 ! [thumbsup]我的痴呆症有望可救了 :D

Edited by Fongmy

HOW TO AVOID DEMENTIA

Start When You Are Still Young........

To help ward off dementia, train your brain:

Timing is everything comedians say. It's also important when it comes to taking care

of your brain. Yet most of us start worrying about dementia after retirement - and

that may be too little, too late. Experts say that if you really want to ward off

dementia, you need to start taking care of your brain in your 30s and or even earlier.

"More and more research is suggesting that lifestyle is very important to your brain's

health," says Dr Paul Nussbaum, a neuropsychologist and an adjunct associate

professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. "If you want to live a

long, healthy life, then many of us need to start as early as we can.

"So what can you do to beef up your brain

[thumbsup] Well done. Very appropriate and educational information. Can I try add: regular rapid blood circulation can be sprinting, fast swimming, and the likes. I believe these can help maintain clear passageway for blood flow to delivery nutrients and evacuate waste throughout the body. Of course, with practice, in an emergency, we can run for our lives

Just like our cars, push to the fullest limit is good for clearing off EO sludges and carbons out of the engine, but it may wears off too fast or might breaks other weaker parts as well. It's all depend with each Car Specifications, it's age and the driver awareness for not going overboard :D

Just like our cars, push to the fullest limit is good for clearing off EO sludges and carbons out of the engine, but it may wears off too fast or might breaks other weaker parts as well. It's all depend with each Car Specifications, it's age and the driver awareness for not going overboard :D

Do not panic. Do not worry. Just drive to the cruising speed of that car will do the job. Cruising speed = the when the engine delivers the maximum torque in top gear of the car. For us, our individual's best sprinting effort, and the likes.

Do not panic. Do not worry. Just drive to the cruising speed of that car will do the job. Cruising speed = the when the engine delivers the maximum torque in top gear of the car. For us, our individual's best sprinting effort, and the likes.

Previously, I do jogs regularly and now my GP advised me to walks as much as I could instead, because my weight is at 85kgs and every time after jogging excercise, I felt my both ankles and right leg knee cap is painful [sweatdrop]

Edited by Fongmy

Previously, I do jogs regularly and now my GP advised me to walks as much as I could instead, because my weight is at 85kgs and every time after jogging excercise, I felt my both ankles and right leg knee cap is painful [sweatdrop]

If overweight is the issue, cycle a multi-geared bicycle as fast as you can, while controlling your food intake to help reduce weight. Jogging is fine with younger people. I believe for middle-aged and elderly, more vigorous efforts like sprinting is needed regularly to maintain the same level of fitness as before. Of course there are some with chronic knee injury that should not stress the knees further. Example: those with knock-knee/bow knee, may face greater risk if injuries, just like the over-weights. Can try check with Mok Jen Ren (I hope I spell his name correctly) [laugh] . He is our gold medalist/medical undergraduate.

Stay healthy, eat right, avoid excessive alcohol, don't smoke, keep your mind active.

It only decreases the risk. Not all types of dementia are preventable.

↡ Advertisement