Accident report

Sean007sg

Hi all, need your advise regarding on reporting accident to insurance company. My car kissed the back of the car infront. As the demage was minor, we agreed for private settlement. I have then report the accident to my insurance company on the same day. I have just settle the payment with the other party & prepared the private settlement agreement form for him to sign. My insurance has requested me to fax over the form to them. I would like to know is that necessary, since no claim was make. Will my insurance increased when it is due for renewral in Oct this year. Tks

↡ Advertisement

The general trend here is to increase the premium in case of any accident involved and that too in your case you have kissed! Do not worry too much, just continue to enjoy driving!

Hi all, need your advise regarding on reporting accident to insurance company. My car kissed the back of the car infront. As the demage was minor, we agreed for private settlement. I have then report the accident to my insurance company on the same day. I have just settle the payment with the other party & prepared the private settlement agreement form for him to sign. My insurance has requested me to fax over the form to them. I would like to know is that necessary, since no claim was make. Will my insurance increased when it is due for renewral in Oct this year. Tks

If the other party decides to claim against your insurance, your insurance company can show the form to the other company and say - both drivers agreed to private settlement. Why would that not work in your favour?

You better report and email the signed private settlement form to your insurance company.

This to to play safe in case the other party is a two head snake b@$tart! Play you out by taking money from you first, then report insurance and claim you again!

Remember this, "Trust No One". Ask yourself, how long have you known that person?

I'm in the same boat as you a couple of months back.

On the same day, I report to insurance company/IDAC, paid the other party cash, signed private settlement form.

The next working day, scan and email the signed private settlement form to insurance company for their reference.

I always have the private settlement form in my car, just in case.

You can d/l a couple of companies template.

I used NTUC's [:p]

Can gimme the link to download?...thks!

Hi,

I have received a letter (see attach) from my insurance company. But I'm confus, as the letter subject "Claim Notification", does it means that the other party has filed a claim against me?

I have sent RSA a copy of the private settlement agreement signed by both parties, & informed them that I will not be making any claim on my own policy. However, from the letter, it seems like RSA are handling my accident report as a claim case. I have also noticed that the letter was copied to this guy Kang Lee Peng Summer. I'm wondering who is this guy? Why he was involved in this matter?

Appreciate advise from bro here. Tkspost-2894-1329722640_thumb.jpg

Er, bro sean, why nt just call RSA and clarify contents of yr letter?

Will b quicker and clearer for u to knw exactly what e letter is all about.

We also wan to knw who is this guy Kang Lee Peng Summer....but only to satisfy curiosity cos u din knw too. Touch wood tat he is nt e registered car owner wanting to claim against u becos e "party" u settled privately with did nt tell him so. Anyways, do make tat call and get yr peace of mind ya.

Hope all resolved amicably soon.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Call up RSA customer service many times since yesterday & finally they pick up my call just after lunch today.

According to the customer service officer, the letter was auto generated after they received my accident report & this Mr Kang was my servicing agent. However, when I get them to confirm the letter was just an acknowledgement of receiving my report & not a claim, the officer just don't answer my qtns & mentioned that the officer who handling my case was currently on leave. I will contact the officer again to find out more. Tks

Err.........I think should be Miss Kang. Lee Peng as in Li Ping??? Have not heard of a guy calling himself Summer. But have many gals calling themselves Summer.

:D

Hi, RSA further reply as "We have received the private settlement agreement. We shall proceed to remove the third party reserve". Deos it means they originally handle my case as a third party claim, and now they will withdraw it?

Yes, their england says that yr third party claim that was put "on hold" or "reserve" in case e private settlement claim did nt proceed as per yr report to them.

Personally, seems there is nothing else for u to worry abt regards any further claims frm this accident to hover over yr head and rob u of peace of mind. If nt entirely convinced, speak to e mysterious Miss/Mr Kang when she/he is back frm leave.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

I have a question..what if the other driver signed the private settlement agreement.. but he put on a bogus signature.. then go claim your insurance.. then he maintained that he did not sign anything..u also LPPL right??

I feel no settlement can be valid if it only involve 2 person leh... must have a third independent party?? in times of accident...where to find?

Personally, to protect against such stunt, do a atm transfer of agreed amount to the other party's account upon signing and add in information provided on the transfer slip (eg date/time/trsf code etc) once thru. Even if wan to try something funny, money can b traced to actual account holder.

Usually its cash that makes it harder to "trace" or "verify" per se.

Just my tots...safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1