2 months wait for a service appointment at VW Service Centre

Presea

Over the weekend, Asiaone ran this article VW to open new service centre in MacPherson, where it also stated the following tidbits:"A Volkswagen Centre Singapore spokesman said that currently 90 cars are serviced a day. 'This will rise to 120 and later 180 with the new facility,' he said, adding that for standard service bookings, customers now wait for up to seven days but VW will bring this down to three days....

...But according to some VW owners, the waiting time now is between one and two months... ...The VW spokesman said that the waiting period could be even longer if there were other issues that the customer wanted VW to look into.

'For standard servicing, it is within seven days,' he said."

And that is bullcrap!

I don't think I had a 7 day service wait in the past 2 years.

I've driven my car to 95,000km, and with a 15K service interval, that's 6 servicing in the past 4 years, which is fortunately not too often (compared with my previous Japanese cars' 10k service intervals).

Go ask any friend who owns a VW and I'm sure they'll tell the same story... 1 month is already lucky. Call today (+65 6305 7299) and the service assistant will politely inform you that the earliest she can slot you in is in April! And a standard servicing for 60k might take 2 days!

And the numbers are telling. 13,000 VWs need at least 1.5 service appointments a year each = 20,000 appointments a year.

Add the expected 3000 cars they will probably sell this year (16,000 cars, 24,000 appointments) and you know that they do not have the capacity to handle servicing, much less repairs and other car-related work. (In the article, they stated that they can only do about 90 cars a day, and that I presume is including repairs...)

As a previously satisfied VW owner, I can only give a word of advice to prospective VW buyers...

DON'T BUY VW!

↡ Advertisement

Sounds about right!

Am honestly considering switching back to a Jap car (especially with the recent spate of problems that my VW is having).

Chose a Lexus over VW...you will reaping the rewards of having more service centers and also not worrying that the gearbox refuses to shift anytime. Hehehe...

I hope one day I can own the incoming GS250 [rolleyes]

yalor. each time i read ppl cheer so happy their brand is top seller, i wonder why? :wacko:

it simply means longer wait and lousier aftersales service. duhhh......

Turbocharged

Over the weekend, Asiaone ran this article VW to open new service centre in MacPherson, where it also stated the following tidbits:"A Volkswagen Centre Singapore spokesman said that currently 90 cars are serviced a day. 'This will rise to 120 and later 180 with the new facility,' he said, adding that for standard service bookings, customers now wait for up to seven days but VW will bring this down to three days....

...But according to some VW owners, the waiting time now is between one and two months... ...The VW spokesman said that the waiting period could be even longer if there were other issues that the customer wanted VW to look into.

And that is bullcrap!

I've driven my car to 95,000km, and with a 15K service interval, that's 6 servicing in the past 4 years, which is fortunately not too often (compared with my previous Japanese cars' 10k service intervals).

Go ask any friend who owns a VW and I'm sure they'll tell the same story... 1 month is already lucky. Call today (+65 6305 7299) and the service assistant will politely inform you that the earliest she can slot you in is in April! And a standard servicing for 60k might take 2 days!

And the numbers are telling. 13,000 VWs need at least 1.5 service appointments a year each = 20,000 appointments a year.

Add the expected 3000 cars they will probably sell this year (16,000 cars, 24,000 appointments) and you know that they do not have the capacity to handle servicing, much less repairs and other car-related work. (In the article, they stated that they can only do about 90 cars a day, and that I presume is including repairs...)

As a previously satisfied VW owner, I can only give a word of advice to prospective VW buyers...

DON'T BUY VW!

Please post this in VAG. i want to see how VW owners spit at this piece of news. :D

VW owes their customers proper after sales service..... is it so difficult for them to expand the workshop or outsource the service, for the sake of customers?? :o

my frens who own VWs also complain to me very often [:(]

current owners may have problems selling their VWs at good price, or at all, if this situation persists...

Edited by KARTer

Poor service standard. Isn't the dealer directly under VW now? They should be having a 2nd, or even a third one, & spread it out in locations across the country.

But at least they are doing something.

VW owes their customers proper after sales service..... is it so difficult for them to expand the workshop or outsource the service, for the sake of customers?? :o

my frens who own VWs also complain to me very often [:(]

current owners may have problems selling their VWs at good price, or at all, if this situation persists...

hmm i thot all those VW bot in 09, 10, 11 make money when sell? cant say the same for other entry contis like pug, renault, opel.

how you all so long??

my SIL always get it done within 2 weeks max.

all ask for servicing on saturday iszi?

And that is bullcrap!

DON'T BUY VW!

Last week just call to book 45K Km service for my polo and the day given was 11 April. Simple servicing have to wait for 2 mth. Sucks!

While I was at VCS 2 weeks back, I made an appointment with the service counter for my first servicing. The earliest slot that was given to me was end April. Weekday.

I am not surprised anymore.

And that is bullcrap!

DON'T BUY VW!

aside this, & with recurring gb / clutch issues w dsg, i'd continue to support Mit & Honda cars.

tks bro for the info; just that you shouldn't be so blatant / obvious in case kena sue.

Last week just call to book 45K Km service for my polo and the day given was 11 April. Simple servicing have to wait for 2 mth. Sucks!

they say STANDARD svc, yours is 45k km compre svc, not std...

↡ Advertisement