2 months wait for a service appointment at VW Service Centre

Presea

hmm i thot all those VW bot in 09, 10, 11 make money when sell? cant say the same for other entry contis like pug, renault, opel.

maybe due to bad comments/feedbacks regarding VW workshop's service, the price of used VWs may not be as good as it could have been if the reputation was better?

↡ Advertisement

Chose a Lexus over VW...you will reaping the rewards of having more service centers and also not worrying that the gearbox refuses to shift anytime. Hehehe...

Lexus is way above a VW.

Supercharged

Lexus maybe dated interior vs recent VW but I dun agree VW has better interior. That's why there is Audi.

i dun even think Audi has great interior.

these r wat i call nice:

10AA4_860x460.jpg

2012-Volvo-S60-interior-view-wallpaper.jpg

Supercharged

WA why got so many pedals one?? Pardon my noobness..

left-most is the "dead" pedal,

for left foot to rest on when it's not busy.

1st, VW workshop don't operate on weekends. And 2nd, I have gathered that the vast majority of VW owners have not had an appointment earlier than 2 weeks, with most getting dates at least 6 weeks in the future.

I only managed to squeeze in my 90k servicing (without appointment) because I had several urgent repairs (Fuel Assembly/Pump/control unit) and I was overseas for a week... and that's more like an exception.

On one occasion (a year back) when my car had a fault (causing the gearbox to be stuck in 3rd - a Failsafe in the event of unknown electric/ECU/... failure), it took more than 2 days of waiting before someone even had the time to take a look... and further 2 days of diagnosis/testing before they concluded that an "unknown" problem occured and reseting the Fuel Control Unit seemed to work. (On hindsight, it probably was linked to the repairs I had at the end of last year).

1st, VW workshop don't operate on weekends. And 2nd, I have gathered that the vast majority of VW owners have not had an appointment earlier than 2 weeks, with most getting dates at least 6 weeks in the future.

I only managed to squeeze in my 90k servicing (without appointment) because I had several urgent repairs (Fuel Assembly/Pump/control unit) and I was overseas for a week... and that's more like an exception.

On one occasion (a year back) when my car had a fault (causing the gearbox to be stuck in 3rd - a Failsafe in the event of unknown electric/ECU/... failure), it took more than 2 days of waiting before someone even had the time to take a look... and further 2 days of diagnosis/testing before they concluded that an "unknown" problem occured and reseting the Fuel Control Unit seemed to work. (On hindsight, it probably was linked to the repairs I had at the end of last year).

then i guess my SiL must be very lucky... or that time VW sales havent soar yet...

For those who are collecting their new cars, please also book your first servicing appointment on that day you collect your car. So as not to overshoot your mileage. :D

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] I like this comment very much! Then after the first servicing quickly book the next 2 right? lol

i dun even think Audi has great interior.

these r wat i call nice:

Interior preference is subjective at the end of the day. To me as long as the car don't fail regularly I am happy enough. At the end of the day I don't stay in the car nor drive long enough to really enjoy it. HOWEVER, I do like the Citroen interior (ONLY and nothing else).

If this is true, those who praises VW is in for a good time. Toyota may be ex for a Jap car. Honda prices may be similar to VW due to the Japanese yen. But whatever, a good and great car is the one that never fails you.