2 months wait for a service appointment at VW Service Centre

Presea

Oh please don't whine. At least the car can still move while waiting for the servicing. My dad's Pasaat had to change mechatronic and clutch twice. The down down time is enough to convert his car into a full race car [laugh]

The reason why most VW owners die die want to go back to VCS for servicing is because of the first 3 servicing until 45k (parts and labor fully included). Looking at the number of cars they sold within these two years, how many have gone past the 50k mileage? There is no way one service center can keep up with the VW population.

↡ Advertisement

For those who are collecting their new cars, please also book your first servicing appointment on that day you collect your car. So as not to overshoot your mileage. :D

That was what I did. [:p]

Interior is more on taste - VW is generally bread n butter and thus made below Audi. the interior you posted is nice excluding the Volvo. Think overall ownership experience is more important. With Lexus, one sleeps better as car serves you. The drive is less inspiring though...

one thing good about lexus is that it never gave my mum any issues during her ownership 3 years back. But its just so boring to drive it. Interior is too plasticky, BUT it's fcuking quiet (LS)

Interior is more on taste - VW is generally bread n butter and thus made below Audi. the interior you posted is nice excluding the Volvo. Think overall ownership experience is more important. With Lexus, one sleeps better as car serves you. The drive is less inspiring though...

Looks like Jap cars still have a future from now on.

But their heydays are basically over.

Maybe you should consider buying Alfa, Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot, Ford, Skoda I think they still have enough service capacity ...

Last week just call to book 45K Km service for my polo and the day given was 11 April. Simple servicing have to wait for 2 mth. Sucks!

REALLY SUCK! Meaning each VW owner will estimate the mileasge and make advance booking in 2 months before reaching the service mileage! Can't they see the urgency to increase more workshops handling the capacity? More sales means more after sales services.

REALLY SUCK! Meaning each VW owner will estimate the mileasge and make advance booking in 2 months before reaching the service mileage! Can't they see the urgency to increase more workshops handling the capacity? More sales means more after sales services.

Put it the other way, its time VW owners see the urgency to disown their cars and dump them to the used car market! God bless the 2nd owners.

Imagine what all this bad press is doing to VW used car prices in SG?

It's all psychological and will slowly, but surely, eat into the unconscious mindset of anyone even considering a used VW.

Buy-Use-Problem-Dispose ...

Any takers after that?

If no, them demand for used VW will drop, and so will it's resale price.

Sorry OT. Economics 101 lesson complete.

so now is the best time to buy Toyota. Less sales, more service centers :D

you are right..... [cool]

BM servicing date cuts down to 1 day leow..... call today for next day servicing ...... -_-

I am quite surprise with teh complain about VW in Sunny Singapore. VW have very gooid reputation in Europe, & good resale value. Golf is the top selling in Europe, & Golf & passat occupy the top 2 spots in bestseller in Dec 2011.

You cannot have good resale value & sales if your car is bad right?

In Germany, they said if you wanted a no fuss car, get a golf. Some people are still driving I believed to be 1st, 2nd gen golfs around. In my company, there is what I belived to be a first gen GTI in the carpark. I see if I can take a picture.

If half the problem is due to the gearboy, I think VW SG should considered bring in the manual ones. Most people (yes, they include the fairer gender) in Europe drive manual.

Edited by Kiadaw

you are right..... [cool]

BM servicing date cuts down to 1 day leow..... call today for next day servicing ...... -_-

I guess you already signed up Toyota Shield Infinity [rolleyes]