I'm not kia see, I am Kia Cee'd

Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

By the way, Mitsubishi was the one that gave engineering support to Hyundai in the 80s.

Mitsu quality is not great amongst Japs but I can assure you they are still better than Koreans vehicles in the class. Today, the Korean overwhelm the young buyers with looks but that is skin deep.

the interior is awesome too.. especially the k5 truly impressed !

↡ Advertisement

R u sure the engine and drivetrain still the same 10 years ago?? It's about time u come out from your Well or "Long Kang". :D :D :D

Well, drivetrain is still FWD and engine is still standard stuff off the shelf 4 cylinder NA. Don't be misled just because they now dropped in a 6 speed box. You study their engine specs output and their weight. What kind of peformance should it translate to? Don't you smell something is amiss?

For easy reference: Kia K5 2L 165bhp/198Nm on a 1400kg body does 0-100 km/h 10.9secs and FC 13+ km/L (claimed). You slowly see where it is not right.

Well, drivetrain is still FWD and engine is still standard stuff off the shelf 4 cylinder NA. Don't be misled just because they now dropped in a 6 speed box. You study their engine specs output and their weight. What kind of peformance should it translate to? Don't you smell something is amiss?

For easy reference: Kia K5 2L 165bhp/198Nm on a 1400kg body does 0-100 km/h 10.9secs and FC 13+ km/L (claimed). You slowly see where it is not right.

Current ride is K5 .... u can test drive it to see whether it does that... not that it matters (at least not for me)... even if it is 10.5 or 11.5 secs... u drive, i time... lol

Liddat very good already what!

Compare my previous Lexus IS200.

2L IL-6 NA, RWD

Four (yes, 4) A/T

155BHP / 195 Nm

1650 kg (due to all-cast-iron engine block, cylinder head, pistons)

0-100 in 10.5 secs

Real world FC is 8 km/L if not driven hard!

So the K5 specs & performance is still pretty good what! No?

Hyundai just launched their new 2.0Nu engine, which produces 164bhp [same power as the previous 2.0 Gamma engine on the current i45 2.0L, but has better fuel economy and lesser carbon emissions].

Then there's the 2.0Nu GDi engine producing 178bhp [same power as the previous Gamma 2.4L on the current i45 2.4L and Sorento 2.4L].

=D

The 2.0Nu GDi will be on the i40 Estate.

http://www.hyundai.com/kr/ShowRoom/ShowRoo...40&types=01

Enjoy!!

By the way, Mitsubishi was the one that gave engineering support to Hyundai in the 80s.

Mitsu quality is not great amongst Japs but I can assure you they are still better than Koreans vehicles in the class. Today, the Korean overwhelm the young buyers with looks but that is skin deep.

I totally agree with u.

And that's why Mitsubishi is selling less than 5 cars in jan 2012

Well, even most Jap cars are FWD..

We need to understand that the Korean cars are competing against the like of Japanese cars.. Not yet against any continental make although its in the pipeline..

As what u said, dun be misled by specs, but how often have u driven koreans cars for a period of time recently??

I totally agree with u.

And that's why Mitsubishi is selling less than 5 cars in jan 2012

dont like that lah.. my car next time go where servcing?? [bigcry]

dont like that lah.. my car next time go where servcing?? [bigcry]

Proton in Malaysia have your car parts, even for the Lancer EX.. :D :D :D

Accident also no problem, every parts also have and in Ringgit..

Liddat very good already what!

Compare my previous Lexus IS200.

2L IL-6 NA, RWD

Four (yes, 4) A/T

155BHP / 195 Nm

1650 kg (due to all-cast-iron engine block, cylinder head, pistons)

0-100 in 10.5 secs

Real world FC is 8 km/L if not driven hard!

So the K5 specs & performance is still pretty good what! No?

Good that you brought out this comparison which really point out the over-ratings in the K5.

Your !S200 with only 155bhp and heavy body 1650kgs can managed 10.5sec on 0-100km/h with only 4 spd gearbox (6 cyl engine pickup slower also)

The K5 with 165bhp lighter body 1400kgs and 6 speed gearbox only does 10.9 sec to 100km/h ( 4 cyl engine pickup faster)

Don't you see this as very glaring that specs are just written by hand.

The K5 consumption claim of 13.9 km/L you think in real life can get 9 km/L ??

Good that you brought out this comparison which really point out the over-ratings in the K5.

Your !S200 with only 155bhp and heavy body 1650kgs can managed 10.5sec on 0-100km/h with only 4 spd gearbox (6 cyl engine pickup slower also)

The K5 with 165bhp lighter body 1400kgs and 6 speed gearbox only does 10.9 sec to 100km/h ( 4 cyl engine pickup faster)

Don't you see this as very glaring that specs are just written by hand.

The K5 consumption claim of 13.9 km/L you think in real life can get 9 km/L ??

IS250 although is 4 speed gearbox, but i tell you the change of gears (up and down) is damn smooth, so is power delivery, can't hear much engine too.

But we cannot compare the K5 and IS250, different price tag, different league, different OMV.

IS250 although is 4 speed gearbox, but i tell you the change of gears (up and down) is damn smooth, so is power delivery, can't hear much engine too.

But we cannot compare the K5 and IS250, different price tag, different league, different OMV.

I think many tend to compare BHP to a car's pickup, but in actual fact its the torque that matters... BHP is useful during high speed overtaking, not for sprinting.

I think many tend to compare BHP to a car's pickup, but in actual fact its the torque that matters... BHP is useful during high speed overtaking, not for sprinting.

Yes of course ... but ...

IS200 torque is 195 Nm, weighs 1650 kg and has 4 A/T only.

While the K5 supposedly has 198 Nm torque (nearly same), weighs 1400 kg (lighter) and 6 A/T.

So why is the K5's 0-100 slower (at 10.9) compared to the Lexus' 10.5?

A few things that I can think of:

- RWD setup gives better launches, with less torque steer and tyre scrub

- Lexus Power-ECT program has better gear ratios in 'Sport' mode, allowing the IL-6 engine to spin at much higher RPMs before each gear change

- the superb Aisin gear box design itself

↡ Advertisement