Unusual or Rare Cars

Theoldjaffa

Here some of the text I have for the GTi, not much but it's still interesting

20161216_215218.jpg

The price for a brand new GTi in 1990. That's before the 1st May COE quota system was first implemented. The listed price is the ARF followed by the PARF. Last one is the road tax. It was more exp that time.

at this price, can buy a brand new HDB flat in the early 90s.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2016-12-18%2008.16.08.jpg

Suzuki Wagon R. The owner modded abit by adding the chrome grille and rims.

This car should be around 20 years...

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 3

Salute to you man for upkeeping the car for 12 years. non-turbo internals?

The new upholstery looks really good. I guess its not easy to get spare parts since the car was discontinued in the early 90s. I know there's a fanbase in Aussie but not much.

I still remember as a kid my dad intro and influenced me on the Swift GTi as a sleeper car. But the first time I realise what it can do is when I witness a drag race between the GTi and a C180. Seeing now the 1.3l GTi overtook and owned the 1.8l Merc in the corners I gain new respect and attraction for the car and for Suzuki in general.

But alas I did not have the luxury to own or drive one. My only close experience with a Suzuki is only by owning a Suzuki Swift ZC21 for 10 years. Being a reliable workhorse I'm not discounting buying another Suzuki if they come out with great cars that fit my future requirements.

Thanks for sharing, do let me know if you have intention to let it go in the future. Meanwhile enjoy your ride!

Thanks Pocus.

Definitely wouldn't sell the car.

Yup in Aussie, it's a cult car.

I got some of the discontinued spare parts from there too.

There used to be a spare parts shop in Waterloo Street that still sold SSGTi parts but he closed down recently.

Luckily, there's an online shop in Japan that still sells parts and they ship directly to S'pore too.

Here some of the text I have for the GTi, not much but it's still interesting

20161216_214923.jpg

20161216_215040.jpg

20161216_215017.jpg

According to the text the JDM G13B engine is capable of producing 115bhp! 115bhp for a 1.3 NA!

20161216_215218.jpg

The price for a brand new GTi in 1990. That's before the 1st May COE quota system was first implemented. The listed price is the ARF followed by the PARF. Last one is the road tax. It was more exp that time.

Wow! That's ex!

Edited by Freak2demon
  • Praise 1

2016-12-18%2008.16.08.jpg

Suzuki Wagon R. The owner modded abit by adding the chrome grille and rims.

This car should be around 20 years...

I drove this car before, the steering is so light till I have phobia when approaching sharp bend at anything more than 30kmh. And mind you, it is already much better than the smaller Wagon R! Wagon R feel just like a toy car sold at Toyrus...

But FC is good for both R and R+, mainly due to it light weight and small skinny wheel.

• Praise 13

My Dad used to drive Renault Safrane in the 90s. Wonder if there is still any on the road [confused]

My dad used to drive a 1st gen Civic, I'm sure non are left in SG.

My Dad used to drive Renault Safrane in the 90s. Wonder if there is still any on the road  [confused]

Wow that's really really rare... I used to see a maroon one in Pasir Ris. Even the French President was suing this car, presumably because there isn't any other big French-made sedan from that era. I doubt there's any on the road now.

It feels so weird reading your blog in perfect english without any reference of "ccb ft" or "ccb pap"...lol

How does 1st gen civic looks like?

top.jpg

My dad mentioned it was one of the perkiers car during its time, easily leave the traffic behind. My uncle in his Lancer use to "race" with him but couldn't keep up.

But alas the car was plaque with recurring oil leaks and was recalled by dealer a few time. My dad sold it after 3 years.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 5