Unusual or Rare Cars

Theoldjaffa

Supersonic

Chanced upon this Mitsuoka at a workshop .... just driving past and caught my

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The car plate more like caught my attention first. Lol.

will be nicer if SGD$80K...  :grin:

PHV in the sky

Yahoo : Race is on to turn flying car into reality

Aeronautics giants are treating the idea of a flying car with caution, as such a project raises more questions than it answers, experts say -- it's a child's dream, a millionaire's toy.

But is it really the next big thing in transport?

At this year's Paris Air Show, you had to search hard to find an aircraft that looked anything like an automobile: but one such model, the AeroMobil, was tucked away under the old Concordes at the Air and Space Museum, just outside the capital.

This strange-looking hybrid, with its bulbous nose and retractable wings, designed by a Slovakian company, is scheduled to go into series production by 2020.

"After you've landed at an airport, you transform the plane into a car and take the road to wherever you want," Simon Bendrey,

AeroMobil's deputy head of engineering, told AFP.

And they have already received a number of orders, he added, despite an asking price of 1.2-1.5 million euros ($1.3-$1.8 million).

While flying cars have starred in films including Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Fifth Element, the race to turn such dreams into a reality is being run by dozens of small creative start-ups like AeroMobil.

link : https://sg.yahoo.com...4--finance.html

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-21853-0-18188600-1498629891.jpg

Wonder how much will the COE cost ... :secret-laugh:

Supercharged

two-in-one car never seems to catch on

if I want fly and drive, just buy a plane and a car, not a half baked plane and a half baked car

54caf55fe1c07_-_amphibious-cars-02-0812-

Turbocharged

two-in-one car never seems to catch on

if I want fly and drive, just buy a plane and a car, not a half baked plane and a half baked car

54caf55fe1c07_-_amphibious-cars-02-0812-

squba_a3_580.jpg

:grin:

Is it just me, but I hardly see the new Mondeo on our road (not to mention RED in colour) and it seems to be even rarer than my previous Mark II Skoda Superb (~200 units registered in Singapore).

b6ze50.jpg

• Praise 5

Morning, bro.

I think Ford is a decent brand but under-marketed.

I never knew of Ford Kuga until i read in ST that it's rated SUV of the year. Had never seen (or maybe, noticed or known of it, actually) one on the road up till that time, and has in the last 9-12 mth seen I think 3 of them only. Oh, should be 4 as i went to test drive one too  [laugh]

Is it just me, but I hardly see the new Mondeo on our road (not to mention RED in colour) and it seems to be even rarer than my previous Mark II Skoda Superb (~200 units registered in Singapore).

b6ze50.jpg

• Praise 1

Twincharged

b6ze50.jpg

Ya. Dont see many of these on the roads. But I see one red mondeo at Bishan Swimming complex almost every Sunday. Actually almost every mondeo I have seen so far is red.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I saw one in this same Ruby Red recently, I believe the most popular colors were the shades of gray. But the Ruby Red is the signature color for the model by Ford and I think it's beautiful, it shines vibrantly bright in strong sunlight and becomes more shiny and darker in artificial light.

It's also a tinted clear coat so it's not just straightforward one layer metallic paint - undoubtedly will be more difficult to repair.

And indeed Mondeo Mk Vs are rare here still, hardly seen, I see GT-R whatever much more. Way undermarketed and the dealer is just dissatisfying... 

Altogether so far it seems that Mondeo only has about somewhere around 200 units registered here too.

The 8302Z you posted I think I've seen a few months ago too.

• Praise 2

Is that a lip at the back of the car?

And SDU plate... Is it (now defunct?) SDU company car??  [laugh]

Put lip decal on car. No wonder still Single, Despo and Ugly. :D

nice colour

2mre93k.jpg

28cj34g.jpg

Nice but he missed the point big time.

Camo paint supposed to be tactical.

But in urban jungle, this is like a red flag to the enemies in white (TP/LTA) :D

• Praise 1

Camo SAF day got free erp?

No but if red plate and drive out without purchasing day licence, people sure notice, kaypoh and bao toh.

Put lip decal on car. No wonder still Single, Despo and Ugly. :D

Indeed. Made worse by the car being ugly itself...

And... this can be misconstrued as inviting one to

Kiss my A**  [lipsrsealed]

Supersonic

Ya. Dont see many of these on the roads. But I see one red mondeo at Bishan Swimming complex almost every Sunday. Actually almost every mondeo I have seen so far is red.

I saw a white and blue before.

↡ Advertisement