• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4470 replies to this topic | 24,319 praises

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Aww... look at that little bonnet scoop. Like a little brother of wrx. Does it come as standard?

The scoop on the bonnet is standard for the supercharged Vivio 3 door. I guess the owner of this 5 door version have it installed (together with the sport front bumper) separately for a sportier look.

Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Vivio had RX-R model which was supercharged. This one has the RX-R hoodscoop.

Real RX-R below.

Attached Thumbnails

• RX-R.jpg

Edited by Myxilplix, 28 July 2016 - 04:31 PM.

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The scoop on the bonnet is standard for the supercharged Vivio 3 door. I guess the owner of this 5 door version have it installed (together with the sport front bumper) separately for a sportier look.

Thanks for the info. Seems that this sample is not properly taken care of; different headlamps and scratched bumper. But I like the look of the steel rims on this. One of the better designed minis in the 90s.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fro those interested, the standard 5 door Vivio look like this:

SUBARUVivio5Dors-2289_1.jpgsubaru-vivio-%5B9918%5D.jpg

The Supercharged Vivio look like this:

1992_SUBARU_VIVIO_RX_R_KK4-fvB1uTDI2Mb0Lsubaru_vivio_rx-r_2.jpeg

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Alamak, it is for 660 lah. The full name for this car is Viki Vivio. The previous Gen Viki also come in 800 cc form (M80).

Why I know? I used to own a '96 Vivio.

Correct a bit. Original viki is a 2 cylinder 660 cc. I own one before.

A truly hardy car.
Carbon82 and Volvobrick praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

p1.jpg

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Correct a bit. Original viki is a 2 cylinder 660 cc. I own one before.

A truly hardy car.

I just realised I missed out the word "also". OK, the previous gen Viki (before the Vivio) come with 3 engine options:

M60 => ~550cc (not sold in Singapore)

M70 => ~660cc (available here in the late 80s)

M80 => ~800cc (available here in the early 90s)

I didn't know the M70 is a 2 cylinder block, as I have the impression that Subaru is one to introduced 4 cylinder engine to the Kei car (Daihatsu, Suzuki, etc. only has 3 cylinder engine during that era).

Oh yours is a 3 door M70? Quite rare.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I remember my mom had the early 80s Subaru 600 followed by a 700. Both the 2-cylinder models before the boxy Viki was launched. At the same time dad had the Subaru 1600 GLS followed by the 1800 GLS.

Carbon82 praised this
A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:12 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I remember my mom had the early 80s Subaru 600 followed by a 700. Both the 2-cylinder models before the boxy Viki was launched. At the same time dad had the Subaru 1600 GLS followed by the 1800 GLS.

The 600 & 700 look much like a mini Justy.

Pinobii and car50 praised this

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just realised I missed out the word "also". OK, the previous gen Viki (before the Vivio) come with 3 engine options:
M60 => ~550cc (not sold in Singapore)
M70 => ~660cc (available here in the late 80s)
M80 => ~800cc (available here in the early 90s)

I didn't know the M70 is a 2 cylinder block, as I have the impression that Subaru is one to introduced 4 cylinder engine to the Kei car (Daihatsu, Suzuki, etc. only has 3 cylinder engine during that era).

Oh yours is a 3 door M70? Quite rare.

Oh yes it's badged the M70. ...mine is a 4 door.

Pix from Google. ..hahahahaha. those were the days.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:30 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

At least the Kei cars of yesterday came in manual.

Nowadays, they all come in auto only. Can't imagine how taxing to the puny engine.

Eg. Suzuki Lapin and Alto, Subaru R1 and R2, Mitsubishi i

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Try guessing the model without searching the answer online.

zsskrc.jpg

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:41 PM

Xefera
  • Premium member
    Xefera
    Supercharged
    Author Image

tarago, should be the predecessor of estima

Edited by Xefera, 29 July 2016 - 12:42 PM.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i believe still a estima, tarago name i remember used in Australia.

there is even a super charger version.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    6th Gear
    Author Image

zsskrc.jpg

Is this Toyota Previa?

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It is not Estima nor Previa. Tarago moniker is only for Australia as far as I know. It has another name in Japan in the early days, also starting with "E" *hint*

Edited by Carbon82, 29 July 2016 - 12:49 PM.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

image.jpeg
Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I'm guessing Toyota Emina?

Can still be found in HK. There's a very similar model called Lucida if I recall correctly, which is more common, but since you say starts with E I'm guessing Emina

zsskrc.jpg

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm guessing Toyota Emina?

Can still be found in HK. There's a very similar model called Lucida if I recall correctly, which is more common, but since you say starts with E I'm guessing Emina

Bingo!! The original 1st generation Previa (export model) was meant to counter large MPV (Chrysler and such) in the Western countries. But back in Japan, as special tax incentives were given to vehicle model that fall within a specific width and length, the Emina & Lucia (sold by different AD in Japan), which were smaller (narrower & shorter) than Previa, were born, and sold in Japan only (JDM) in it early days.

Things changed from the 2nd generation. Previa (export model) and Estima (JDM) now share the same chassis and (smaller) dimensions, as a new, larger model (Sienna) was introduced in US to continue it battle in the large MPV segment.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bingo!! The original 1st generation Previa (export model) was meant to counter large MPV (Chrysler and such) in the Western countries. But back in Japan, as special tax incentives were given to vehicle model that fall within a specific width and length, the Emina & Lucia (sold by different AD in Japan), which were smaller (narrower & shorter) than Previa, were born, and sold in Japan only (JDM) in it early days.

Things changed from the 2nd generation. Previa (export model) and Estima (JDM) now share the same chassis and (smaller) dimensions, as a new, larger model (Sienna) was introduced in US to continue it battle in the large MPV segment.

Cool! Thanks for the info. Have always been a bit confused to see very similar-looking cars sold as Emina, Lucida and Previa in HK (still very common, but Emina is the rarest)

Wonder if this is the only one left in Singapore. Seen similar ones in the past but I guess most did not renew COE.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: unusual, rare, cars, unusual car and 3 more...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users