Very bad accident at AYE towards Tuas at Corporation Rd

Wubb

If this is true, wtf is it stopping in a lane- more so in a fast one.

It can limp to the side even running on its rim. :angry:

Possible scenario: Tyre blown. Car veered to the 1st lane and stalled etc.. etc..

Comment: Let's just stop dwelling on who's right or wrong. The best is for us to draw a lesson from such incident and encourage each other to:

a) Drive safely and with courtesy

b) Exercise patience

c) Be alert when driving and avoid speeding or road hogging

d) Maintain our vehicles well etc.. etc...

T/fore, let us all do our part to keep our roads safe for each other. [thumbsup]

Have a nice day [sunny] and drive safe. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

Didn't know that an accident has taken place until now. RIP to the victims. There was indeed a car which stopped on the first lane. I moved to the first lane to overtake a slow moving van on lane 2. I got shocked when I saw a stationary car on the first lane 1 so I swerved back to lane 2. Luckily the van is far behind me. I might have crashed into the car too. [sweatdrop]

But I dunno if the car stalled or tyre punctured.

Almost happened to me. On CTE just before going into the tunnel there is a bridge, time was around 2am, on lane 1, a merc s class on lane 2 nex to me, just after the crest of the bridge a car was stopped on lane 1. Had to make emergency maneuvers and thankfully the merc next to me was alert and made space for me to evade the stopped car. f--ker in lane one almost caused an accident

Was going towards Yishun Ave 1 from Seletar Country Club direction.

Follow this Lexus car. He move slightly left along the single lane.

I thought he want to avoid uneven patch of road.

Suddenly the f--ker do a u-turn without signalling.

I almost hit the f--ker.

Lots of idiots on the road can't use their signal light.

Their f--king hand is broken or the light is broken.

Possible scenario: Tyre blown. Car veered to the 1st lane and stalled etc.. etc..

Comment: Let's just stop dwelling on who's right or wrong. The best is for us to draw a lesson from such incident and encourage each other to:

a) Drive safely and with courtesy

b) Exercise patience

c) Be alert when driving and avoid speeding or road hogging

d) Maintain our vehicles well etc.. etc...

T/fore, let us all do our part to keep our roads safe for each other. [thumbsup]

Have a nice day [sunny] and drive safe. [drivingcar]

I think driving schools should incorporate how a vehicle will behave when engine the cut.

Car manufacturer/ AD should inform how a power assist steering will behave when there is a total power/electric/hydraulic failure.

1) electric

2) hydraulic

3) electric-hydraulic

They only sell us what so good about the steering, how firm, the good the feedback and how realistic or precise, but never say how it would react when power cut unless being asked.

On two occassion, my tyres was punctured and I did not even realized it while on the road.

First one was a rear tyre puncture. Still can drive at 80Km/hr too my destination.

Reach and parked my car, then saw the tyre already shredded. There is a gaping hole being worn thru the tyre. Had the journey being any longer...the entire tire whole have delaminat n I would be driving on my rim instead.

The second one was similar, but the tyre was not shredded, this was on a different car.

Nowadays, cars are very well built. Cannot feel anything.

I check my car tyre each time at petrol station...just to check its full of air. But if there is a nail, it will never be spotted untill th tyre lose air completely.

I think driving schools should incorporate how a vehicle will behave when engine the cut.

Car manufacturer/ AD should inform how a power assist steering will behave when there is a total power/electric/hydraulic failure.

1) electric

2) hydraulic

3) electric-hydraulic

They only sell us what so good about the steering, how firm, the good the feedback and how realistic or precise, but never say how it would react when power cut unless being asked.

I never had a puncture in years until a couple of weeks ago in the night on ECP. Realised only when I felt the vibration as if I was traveling on those 'slow down strips'.

Pulled to the breakdown lane, got EMAS to assist to tow the vehicle to a safe place away from the expressway and got it fixed.

For vehicles which engines seized, it can be trying to move the vehicle to the side when it abruptly stopped without giving the driver an opportunity to steer towards the breakdown lane especially on the expressway. Further, attempting to do so slowly on an expressway is simply suicide. A better course of emergency reaction is to turn on the hazard light, lift up the boot, place breakdown sign etc., (if possible) and call for EMAS to rescue. Wait safely behind or as near to the railing of the breakdown lane as possible under a brightly lit area.

Have a nice day! [wave]

Edited by Neutralsg

Cars tend to go very fast late at nite.

Was driving back from the airport last nite 11+pm.

Oredi driving something like 100-110km/hr liao.

But penty of cars seems to be overtaking me left-right-centre. FAST sia!!!!! [dizzy]

ECP camera switched off? [confused]

anyway, if you are wondering, the accident area expressway streets lamp are off.

it could be because of the accident, or before it. :wacko:

Somehow, some motorists drive/ride without head lights regardless of visiblility. [sweatdrop]

Taxi driver likely the 3rd one

Likely tired motorcyclist and pillion rider stopped work at 11.00 pm, took supper and going home to Johore

Dark-colour car owner/driver less concern with road safety

Taxi driver too tired due to lack of adequate good sleep

Perhaps street illumination need to be switched off after evening peak hours to put road users on higher alert?

Street illumination, i am assuming u are refering to those street deflector found on NSH. I doubt it can work on our road. Our road are so well lit with rows of residential estates built near the highway.

Somehow I begin to believe that motorcycle could be the root cause for that accident, based on previous accident witnessed may years back. [shakehead] How to enlighten motorcyclists how to avoid such accidents? They assumed/imagined their motorcycle faster (not truth, my car faster sometimes), so can escape accidents. [confused]

Any report on the motorcylist? Local or J plate?

according to my friend this is how it happened

a mitsubishi lancer stop at lane 1 due to puncture tyre

minutes later a sonata taxi travelling quite fast on lane 1 noticed the lancer too late and crashed into the back of stationary car

the impact caused the car to veer to the left and hit the motorcycle, causing the motorcycle to lose its balance on its path

motorcyclist and pillion uplorry

all 3 vehicles are severely damaged

I believe can drive to the road shoulder if rear tyre punctured. Now 3 death. How sad. [bigcry]

If that was true, then the biggest ars hole is that lancer..

Who the hell drive on lane 1 on those wee wee hour when lane 2 is empty?..

And who the hell will stop on lane one due to punctured tyre when he should move to road shoulder regardless of tyre got air or not, unless his tyre is totally gone due to explosion...

Yes totally agreed with you. The lancer driver should have moved his ride to the road shoulder regardless of any circumstances. Worse...he should at least placed a "red pail" or some sort of break down sign...at least 70 or 100 m away to warn other motorist.

the taxi behind overtake him then suddenly heard a very loud bang

my friend tio shocked when he saw what had happened. he helped call the ambulance

there was another driver who stopped to help as well

one of the lancer's wheel was missing

I wonder if the wheel was missing before or after the lancer stopped, and also if the wheel was missing before or after the accident.

I wonder if the wheel was missing before or after the lancer stopped, and also if the wheel was missing before or after the accident.

frankly, at wee wee hour, i dare to say ALL driver will drive at minimum 90km/h and IF the whole wheel drop off, he would have crash onto the barrier and not a single chance to stop in middle of road....

↡ Advertisement