Very bad accident at AYE towards Tuas at Corporation Rd

Wubb

Almost happened to me. On CTE just before going into the tunnel there is a bridge, time was around 2am, on lane 1, a merc s class on lane 2 nex to me, just after the crest of the bridge a car was stopped on lane 1. Had to make emergency maneuvers and thankfully the merc next to me was alert and made space for me to evade the stopped car. f--ker in lane one almost caused an accident

You may be aware that is among the classic wrong place to be driving along Lane 1 [shakehead] .

↡ Advertisement

Punctured tyre stop at lane 1? You sure about this info?

I will even drive to shoulder with 3 wheels and not stay in lane 1.

Unless it's vehicle breakdown due to engine failure or no fuel, but still can steer to the shoulder when engine cut.

I understand the power steering will not work when engine cut.

Personally, I have tried purposely turning off engine while driving to see how the car react, tried with a non-power steering car, the engine re-ignited and after I engaged back the clutch.

Tried it on a power steering car, the steering seized after engine's cut as there is no more power assist. It is very difficult but still manageable to steer it slightly with quite a lot of force.

The driving schools should incorporate the behaviour of different type of power assist steering vehicles to get a real feel of driving on the road when engine failure occurs. Immediate Failure for the driver who did not steer clear of fast lane - can have this in circuits.

Ever encountered no fuel twice. I drove on the electric power from the battery.

Never wait for tow truck in Lane 1 if tyre punctured. [shakehead]

Possible scenario: Tyre blown. Car veered to the 1st lane and stalled etc.. etc..

Comment: Let's just stop dwelling on who's right or wrong. The best is for us to draw a lesson from such incident and encourage each other to:

a) Drive safely and with courtesy

b) Exercise patience

c) Be alert when driving and avoid speeding or road hogging

d) Maintain our vehicles well etc.. etc...

T/fore, let us all do our part to keep our roads safe for each other. [thumbsup]

Have a nice day [sunny] and drive safe. [drivingcar]

I like the way you out it. [thumbsup]

Was going towards Yishun Ave 1 from Seletar Country Club direction.

Follow this Lexus car. He move slightly left along the single lane.

I thought he want to avoid uneven patch of road.

Suddenly the f--ker do a u-turn without signalling.

I almost hit the f--ker.

Lots of idiots on the road can't use their signal light.

Their f--king hand is broken or the light is broken.

I believe he suddenly recalled his check-up appointment with IMH [shakehead]

I thought a lot of MCF members say that lane 1 no speed limit one , so car / bikes road hoggers must siam the faster taxi comming from behind ? When no accident , condemn slower drivers , got accident condemn the speeder . [shakehead]

I think driving schools should incorporate how a vehicle will behave when engine the cut.

Car manufacturer/ AD should inform how a power assist steering will behave when there is a total power/electric/hydraulic failure.

1) electric

2) hydraulic

3) electric-hydraulic

They only sell us what so good about the steering, how firm, the good the feedback and how realistic or precise, but never say how it would react when power cut unless being asked.

The non-power-assisted is still the safer steering system. But more people prefer to pay for inferior design due to marketing gimmicks.

On two occassion, my tyres was punctured and I did not even realized it while on the road.

First one was a rear tyre puncture. Still can drive at 80Km/hr too my destination.

Reach and parked my car, then saw the tyre already shredded. There is a gaping hole being worn thru the tyre. Had the journey being any longer...the entire tire whole have delaminat n I would be driving on my rim instead.

The second one was similar, but the tyre was not shredded, this was on a different car.

Nowadays, cars are very well built. Cannot feel anything.

I check my car tyre each time at petrol station...just to check its full of air. But if there is a nail, it will never be spotted untill th tyre lose air completely.

Thats carcass failure which I was told can claim for a new replacement. However, if you had been drifting, it is different. [:p]

If this is true, wtf is it stopping in a lane- more so in a fast one.

It can limp to the side even running on its rim. :angry:

Yes right , when you notice car faulty due to tyre , or whatever , surely got chance to move left and stop at road shoulder one lah .

I thought a lot of MCF members say that lane 1 no speed limit one , so car / bikes road hoggers must siam the faster taxi comming from behind ? When no accident , condemn slower drivers , got accident condemn the speeder . [shakehead]

Mercy-mercy. Since when you started to have such thought? [shakehead]

Was going towards Yishun Ave 1 from Seletar Country Club direction.

Follow this Lexus car. He move slightly left along the single lane.

I thought he want to avoid uneven patch of road.

Suddenly the f--ker do a u-turn without signalling.

I almost hit the f--ker.

Lots of idiots on the road can't use their signal light.

Their f--king hand is broken or the light is broken.

Yes, I feel the same sentiment as you. There are many of such on the roads nowaday, totally inconsiderate to other road user, never ever stay close to the car in front of you in case! :wacko:

Any idea if J-plate need to doing some riding test? They seems to know very little about Highway Code, the way they ride, unlike the cars.

Ans is "no" as to my knowledge. They do know about the highway code just that most choose to ignore them. Same to local driver driving in boleh land. The main concern is how J plate motorcylist ride on our road on a daily basis disrregard their and others safety. [drivingcar]

Ans is "no" as to my knowledge. They do know about the highway code just that most choose to ignore them. Same to local driver driving in boleh land. The main concern is how J plate motorcylist ride on our road on a daily basis disrregard their and others safety. [drivingcar]

Was told they got motorcyling lane along those roads where at least one got killed every week. [shakehead]

double standard..my personal opinion is always the same..drive at the speed limit regardless of traffic conditions :D

on AYE that stretch of road, i kena one big wooden block before and damaged my rims...reach my house mcsp totally flat, then called AA to help change rims from back to front and spare to back due to my brake kit

On two occassion, my tyres was punctured and I did not even realized it while on the road.

First one was a rear tyre puncture. Still can drive at 80Km/hr too my destination.

Reach and parked my car, then saw the tyre already shredded. There is a gaping hole being worn thru the tyre. Had the journey being any longer...the entire tire whole have delaminat n I would be driving on my rim instead.

The second one was similar, but the tyre was not shredded, this was on a different car.

Nowadays, cars are very well built. Cannot feel anything.

I check my car tyre each time at petrol station...just to check its full of air. But if there is a nail, it will never be spotted untill th tyre lose air completely.

U must be driving the Lexus ES300 right?? :D :D :D

It's not carcass failure.

Is the tyre punctured already, and I still blur blur drive untill the carcass split open.

Thats carcass failure which I was told can claim for a new replacement. However, if you had been drifting, it is different. [:p]

↡ Advertisement