Very bad accident at AYE towards Tuas at Corporation Rd

Wubb

Last time yellow tops are private but when things can earn $, government come in law saying "need transport company (now to register cab company maybe need $10m bond?) so that there will be "law & order".

Name me one business that never fail & government wouldnt come in to have a bite?

That was how I lost my 5-digit monthly free-lance business :angry: . They merely mass produced cheap and poor certified people for ceremonial head count purposes, which even newly arrived foreigners could identify [shakehead] .

↡ Advertisement

no power steering dun mean ur steering dun work anymore.... there is still a mechanical link, you can still steer away! Even if your steering lock engages, you can use brute forse to turn it.

You may be aware that now there are electric power assisted steering instead of hydraulic power assisted steering [thumbsdown] . That makes it more dangerous (perhaps the reason for NCAP). Should there be electrical failure for any reason, some of them no steering control at all (Jap). Tried it at the showroom last year new model. [shakehead]

allow taxi drivers to buy their own taxis and they wont be so reckless.

Own time own target to drive.

no need to meet minimum quota/day for rental and petrol

if buying their own taxi... then taxi driver can eran more also... but comfort will earn 150m lesser a year...

and every taxi driver will like to own their own taxi also... is cheaper then paying $100 per day $3000 a mth to rent a taxi!!! $3000 a mth for installment can buy a super sport car!!!!

Neutral Newbie

earning money is one thing , but disregarding safety while at it and causing death to innocent people is just ........................................

That was how I lost my 5-digit monthly free-lance business :angry: . They merely mass produced cheap and poor certified people for ceremonial head count purposes, which even newly arrived foreigners could identify [shakehead] .

First industry on my mind is IT if not constructions??

Your quotes makes me believe Mr.Li Ao is sharp-cut minded, I'm sad, really very sad !

I got such friends which many known me for their "grandson". ... one is a taxi driver (as mentioned eariler)...

People whom are their age which had seen it all.

And, they are very, very sharp...

BUT, they are lack in 1 thing known as digital marketing & 4G world.

How fast media travel now compared with previous...

This year budget review that there was a +2billion surplus.....

THATS MEANS TO SAY, those people on the top only know how to screw suck milk whatever and we peasant just pay (never bother to join forces to fight back).

More than required surplus & putting back to the people via????

Middle class being screwed once again as most of the $ is back to the people via *inflated cost by MIW.

For example for inflated cost.

Who controls property price? The market forces or the top???

HDB issue (old selling 5rms to 3rms) = creating demand for the popular 3 rms = bring 5rm flat closer to 3rms.

But, cash rebate got T&C saying "blar blar blar" and also creating social problems when if the youngs are targetting the olds for their flats....

Another inflated cost:

Medical.... Which doctor you see/know that is doing as they want to help the poor/sick.... All for the $???

Government give baby bonus, they inflated cost of medications....

If that one study where is the cash started from & going where, one would know how "good" the country were managed....

I would just like to quote "1 dollar from HKG horse race (billionaire club or something like that)" will be pass thru the people & back to the race in 3 days...

BUT this dollar help the economy as these money travels in the private sectors & government have no tax over it....

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

but wont be that stressful.

and if they buy their own taxi, how much is a sonata? 100k?

installments+petrol wont add up to 3k a mth.

petrol+rental 160/day

Normal Sonata OMV is usually 17K. A strip down taxi but with a bigger engine could have cost the same (look at cars in EU for diesel & petrol).

Now we cost a taxi at 20K and after ARF & COE =

Bravo Bravo Bravo! [thumbsup] This is the most sensible & streetwise answer from a person who i can say had seen it all...Found another kakilang who shared my thoughts... [nod] I've personally seen those driving taxis but are rich & retired uncles' residence & living standards...some losers are fated to work for others but jealous of taxi uncle's flexible timing & powerful cabs that can smoke their tin cans easily...

Thanks....

I grew up from the streets...

Some say I am rebellious, some say I think out from the box...

Some say I have attitude problems, some say I am just hard & firm with believing what it is right...

Recent years, I am taught of 2 policies....

H & H, F & F.

Hard but with a Heart

Firm yet Fair...

It helps me in my management & my daily life...

By the way, LKY grandson never put on aires.... Our lives had been crossed and I only knew he was him when we spoke about the country... Someone gentlely whispered to me to hold my horses and I have to speak with substances than to be arrogant... He is 1 guy with class... Being driven to a corner and he dont fight back with status. Chances are, we will meet tomorrow again, and hopefully...

I dont agree in some ways how his country is being run but, these are politics and I have to respect the policies markers.

Because I know I do not have the abilities to run like them and better not criticize for the sake of criticism.

But being a forum, people do talk abit louder "showing off" like a empty vessel [:p][laugh]

i remb seeing this kind of mass rebuke b4,

either too many taxi drivers/supports here at mcf

or too many gutless shemale who dare not admit to what they feel

Or perhaps just a majority of kind, konsiderate and intelligent people rather than trolling idjitic morans?

First industry on my mind is IT if not constructions??

IT: FT work hard at creating problems like virus for my nephew to trouble-shoot. Making both colleagues indispensable employees. Teamwork? [:p]

Construction: Employers quietly discourage local employees by not paying bonus/13th month... employing Ft for ceremonial head counts when project Owners/Developers ask for increase in workforce. I am leaving end of the month. [:p]

earning money is one thing , but disregarding safety while at it and causing death to innocent people is just ........................................

Thats what the government ignoring for the survival of taxi companies. [:p]

IT: FT work hard at creating problems like virus for my nephew to trouble-shoot. Making both colleagues indispensable employees. Teamwork? [:p]

Construction: Employers quietly discourage local employees by not paying bonus/13th month... employing Ft for ceremonial head counts when project Owners/Developers ask for increase in workforce. I am leaving end of the month. [:p]

[laugh][laugh][laugh] ...

RIP...i saw the aftermath of th accident while travelling along AYE, before the accident scene the electronic road signs were already showing AYE CLOSED AFTER JURONG PORT RD. so when i exited AYE, just can see the blue tent...

I had on a couple of occasions experienced sudden breakdown:

1. Driving along SLE in lane 2, suddenly steering starts to vibrate. I slowed down. But it keeps getting worse and worse.

I filter to the left lane, out the nearest exit at Mandai. Came out to examine what happened and found the tyre burst.

2. On PIE, I stepped on the clutch to change gear and it got "stuck". I managed to filter left and exit. Later found the clutch pedal broken off and was welded back

3. On TPE, clutch got stuck again, manage to exit and towed to workshop. Clutch bearing was found broken.

As long as you're moving and experienced something not right, there's usually time for you to get off the expressway and move to the left, with momentum of the car.

Unless the driver is totally ignorant of his car and its characteristic performance, then he's likely to get stuck in lane 1 of expressway.

Wah kaoz.. wad car u drive ?