Search
Fell

• Search this thread
70 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Obviously he was conned but how exactly was the conman able to come out with the frightening details on the first try? confused.gif confused.gif

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/956652/man_freaks_me_out_by_magically_making_torn_piece_of_paper_whole.html

Posted on 18 Feb 2012
Tricked into giving over $400 to man who makes torn paper whole again

STOMPer Eric recounts how he got conned of over $400 by a man who predicted several things about the STOMPer accurately, and 'freaked' him out by making a torn piece of paper whole again.

Eric wrote:

"This happened on Feb 16 (Thursday) during lunch time. I was parked along Kranji Loop outside Chop See Mui Eating House when a man approached me.

"He sat beside me in my car and started talking to me about my past, present and future.

"Before that, he wrote something on a small piece of paper and asked me to hold it in my fist tightly. Then he asked me 5 questions: What's your favourite colour? I said green; What’s your age? I said 34; You are married! I said yes. How old is my wife? I said 33.

"He then paused and started counting with his fingers before saying: You have a daughter: I said correct.

"Lastly, he asked me what my wish was and I told him I wanted a son this year. He asked me to touch my forehead and back of my neck with the hand that was holding the piece of paper.

"He told me to blow three times on my fist. After I had done all that, he told me to open up my fist to look at the paper. I was freaked out. He had written 'Green, 34, 33, D1, S1'. For your information, D1 means 1 daughter, and S1 means 1 son (my wish).

"He requested that I give him money, so I opened my wallet which contained $5/$10/$50. I intended to pay him $15 but he told me not to be stingy and give him the big note. I ended up giving him everything in my wallet ($65).

"He took out another small piece of paper and passed it to me, telling me to tear it into 3 pieces. The first piece represented me, the second piece my wife, and the third piece my daughter. He told me to press and squeeze the paper in my fist.

"He chanted and passed me a small yellow stone telling me to hold on to the stone. He said that if god was willing to help me, the 3 pieces of paper would blend back into one piece.

"He also told me to blow at my fist 3 times like before. When I opened my fist, I was freaked out as the paper was whole again. He asked for $333 and when I told him I had given him all my cash just now, he told me to withdraw the money from an ATM.

"I did, and passed him $340. I was freaked out and hoped he would not do harm to my family.

"I am just sharing this with you as I have officially handed the case to the police. I remember very clearly what I have experienced.

"Till now, I am still freaked out as to how he did it. I told my father, mother, wife, brother and sister. 80% say I was cheated. Lastly, that day was my birthday."

«World’s Leading Distributor of MiG Parts«

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How many of us would allow a stranger to sit beside us in our car.
Would most prob give a fcuk kick b4 he do dat.
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    NOS-ed

Obviously he was conned but how exactly was the conman able to come out with the frightening details on the first try? confused.gif confused.gif

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/956652/man_freaks_me_out_by_magically_making_torn_piece_of_paper_whole.html

Posted on 18 Feb 2012
Tricked into giving over $400 to man who makes torn paper whole again

STOMPer Eric recounts how he got conned of over $400 by a man who predicted several things about the STOMPer accurately, and 'freaked' him out by making a torn piece of paper whole again.

Eric wrote:

"This happened on Feb 16 (Thursday) during lunch time. I was parked along Kranji Loop outside Chop See Mui Eating House when a man approached me.

"He sat beside me in my car and started talking to me about my past, present and future.

"Before that, he wrote something on a small piece of paper and asked me to hold it in my fist tightly. Then he asked me 5 questions: What's your favourite colour? I said green; What’s your age? I said 34; You are married! I said yes. How old is my wife? I said 33.

"He then paused and started counting with his fingers before saying: You have a daughter: I said correct.

"Lastly, he asked me what my wish was and I told him I wanted a son this year. He asked me to touch my forehead and back of my neck with the hand that was holding the piece of paper.

"He told me to blow three times on my fist. After I had done all that, he told me to open up my fist to look at the paper. I was freaked out. He had written 'Green, 34, 33, D1, S1'. For your information, D1 means 1 daughter, and S1 means 1 son (my wish).

"He requested that I give him money, so I opened my wallet which contained $5/$10/$50. I intended to pay him $15 but he told me not to be stingy and give him the big note. I ended up giving him everything in my wallet ($65).

"He took out another small piece of paper and passed it to me, telling me to tear it into 3 pieces. The first piece represented me, the second piece my wife, and the third piece my daughter. He told me to press and squeeze the paper in my fist.

"He chanted and passed me a small yellow stone telling me to hold on to the stone. He said that if god was willing to help me, the 3 pieces of paper would blend back into one piece.

"He also told me to blow at my fist 3 times like before. When I opened my fist, I was freaked out as the paper was whole again. He asked for $333 and when I told him I had given him all my cash just now, he told me to withdraw the money from an ATM.

"I did, and passed him $340. I was freaked out and hoped he would not do harm to my family.

"I am just sharing this with you as I have officially handed the case to the police. I remember very clearly what I have experienced.

"Till now, I am still freaked out as to how he did it. I told my father, mother, wife, brother and sister. 80% say I was cheated. Lastly, that day was my birthday."

Proven again? A fool and his money soon part company. I believe more likely a mentally retarded would allow a stranger into his car and disclose personal particulars shakehead.gif . No mention if any ATM numbers disclosed confused.gif.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Frankloh
  • Frankloh
    2nd Gear

I have a very similiar encounter like yours. This guy (Singh) manage to write on a piece of paper what is my fav color/flower. He randomly ask me give him 3 sets of 3 digit number and the total which adds up is also written onto the piece of papers. Then told me if my totalled number if same as the piece of paper, means God wants to help me and will surely strike this 4D numbers.

He too ask me to draw money from ATM but I gave him only $20. My worst losses is betting big on the 4D number given to me smallcry.gif

I had another friend having the same encounter too!

But this happens to us about 13years back.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    5th Gear

cris angel's advocate ??

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Supercharged

Wow.....if so many people believe in god.....how come we cannot believe that this man is able to know and read minds?

I have always puzzled at the way human beliefs conflict with god(cannot see) and what they see in front of them.

I will buy 3433 today.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    NOS-ed

Wow.....if so many people believe in god.....how come we cannot believe that this man is able to know and read minds?

I have always puzzled at the way human beliefs conflict with god(cannot see) and what they see in front of them.

I will buy 3433 today.

Why trust a stranger even if he has suPernatural ability when Lucifer has it all? blink.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious

could be just a magic or illusion trick. seen this many times on magic shows.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Dont be judgemental too early.

If the guy really got a son this year, isn't $400 worth it???
"Is it possible to pursue happiness if the pursuit itself does not make you happy?"
From book titled "I move Your Cheese" by Deepak Malhotra

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Watwheels
  • Watwheels
    NOS-ed

I think the guy was hypnotised and told the con man everything about himself and was not aware of the whole event happening.

If you smell what the Rock is cooking.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Scion
  • Scion
    Supercharged

my friend encountered almost the same trick years back...

he freaked out and walked away before that guy had the chance to ask for money

mind you, my friend was a very smart science graduate with first class honours, but he also couldn't crack the trick

but luckily nothing happened after that

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

JackRabbit
  • JackRabbit
    5th Gear

is this story even for real?! You guys believe everything you read on stomp? Smells just like the story of the chinawoman with the armpit hair.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    6th Gear

is this story even for real?! You guys believe everything you read on stomp? Smells just like the story of the chinawoman with the armpit hair.

This story is really as it started in another forum before it get posted on Stomp.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    NOS-ed

could be just a magic or illusion trick. seen this many times on magic shows.

Some street Magicians are AMAzing!
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Nhyone
  • Nhyone
    4th Gear

School smart is not the same as street smart.

As all magicians know, the hand is faster than the eye.
(void *) &NHY;

- All it takes for evil to succeed is a few good men to do nothing.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Geniuspear
  • Geniuspear
    Clutched

i kana a china man conman... i told him u guess wad i working as and we will proceed. he made a wild guess and failed so i told him to F O

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hondacub777
  • Hondacub777
    Turbocharged

I have a very similiar encounter like yours. This guy (Singh) manage to write on a piece of paper what is my fav color/flower. He randomly ask me give him 3 sets of 3 digit number and the total which adds up is also written onto the piece of papers. Then told me if my totalled number if same as the piece of paper, means God wants to help me and will surely strike this 4D numbers.

He too ask me to draw money from ATM but I gave him only $20. My worst losses is betting big on the 4D number given to me smallcry.gif

I had another friend having the same encounter too!

But this happens to us about 13years back.

Hahaha.I think I kena the same man as u.
Same trick and he asked for $$$.I told him to give me his contact no.
If the 4D no cums out,I give him 90% of the winnings.He said he can't take the winnings.
So I told him," then u buy the numbers,I take the winnings.I buy u coffee if strike."He LL walk away.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    Turbocharged

Hahaha.I think I kena the same man as u.
Same trick and he asked for $$$.I told him to give me his contact no.
If the 4D no cums out,I give him 90% of the winnings.He said he can't take the winnings.
So I told him," then u buy the numbers,I take the winnings.I buy u coffee if strike."He LL walk away.

Good thumbsup.gif laugh.gif

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Camrytron
  • Camrytron
    5th Gear

I think the guy was hypnotised and told the con man everything about himself and was not aware of the whole event happening.

This method 'hypnotism' was origin from Malaysia..it's was show on tv wen someone will touch u than u r hypnotism..
Lets be careful everyone..

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hondacub777
  • Hondacub777
    Turbocharged

Dont be judgemental too early.

If the guy really got a son this year, isn't $400 worth it???

I think the guy wont mind paying $1000 if this "conman" is "ZHUN" sleep.gif

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Others Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users