Con Job & He Fell For It...

Vulcann

After spending few min going through all the above posts..i come to one conclusion. Like those china mei mei always said..."Singapore Lan Ren Hao hao Pian hor", ... me included. [bigcry]

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

We are all suckers in daily life.

We buy expensive house and cars, accepting the reasons given.

We accept low 2.5% CPF interest, accepting the reasons given.

We pay BaiJin to office colleagues, even to those we don't know, just to save face.

Worst of all....we buy lottery consistently every week...thinking that one day we will strike it rich.

The power of persuasion is already accepted in our mind.

So it's not surprised that some of us chose to believe and fell victim to such scams.

last year, channel 5 had an episode on this.. think it was on Incredible Tales.. Like 1 bro mentioned, it started in m'sia.. seems like it has spread to s'pore liao.. the malays call this "Pukau".. malay bros here pls correct me if i spelt it wrongly.. [:/]

My first question would have been "which camp?". :D

I have been stationed to a lot of camps last time.

Mine encounter not really those magic trick/con job.

Years ago upon stepping out of a WS at Alex. I was approached by two men. Both of them got tattoo and sizes on the "plus" range.

Fatty : " Do you remember me? "

Me : i was in a daze staring hard at them...huh huh..."Sorry i don't..do i know u"?

Fatty : "We were camp mate...i was the driver."

Me : Without giving any 2nd thought...My ans. " O you must be the ambulance driver".

How stupid i was then...come to think about it...all vocations in the army do come in contact with driver during their stint with the army.

Fatty : "ya ya...actually my mum just passed away last week. Today is her Tou Qi - 7th days.. Now going to the temple for praying. Are you OK if can loan me 100 to buy Joss stick/incense paper etc. "

At that moment of time my attention turn toward "defensive"...

I gave that fatty $20...saying " This is for the elder". He did asked for more...but i turn him down..."I already paid over hundred dollars at the WS. Now left only $20 with me. Take it and don't need to return me".

Without turning my head i immediately walk off.

My advise to any bros here.. if any stranger approach saying he was your army mate...don't reveal any info; camp, vocation etc...Let him do all the questioning. U can selectively ans them.

no one can predict your future...i think the stomper learned his lesson and have to be more street smart in the future...Singaporeans are too comfortable living here so they do not have twisted brain like many of the FT roaming our streets....

I believe the TS story is true

except the man sitting in the car is a lady.

Something similar happened to me too.

I was sitting in my car in Geylang and a young

lady with big chest came in & sat in my car . . .

Next thing I know, i was $50 poorer and

my lips were sore.

:D

Why arh ?

erm sounds like wat hap to me but tat was prob 2 yrs back. great eastern hans there. this indian approached me n the same things hap. the paper had all the right answers which i said. but im a christian and do not thk much of such. gave him $5 for his "effort" and moved on. i look into his eyes and all and confirm that nothing bad happened to me at all. :D

He might be mentally raping u :D

no chance for me to encounter such people cos i looked so poor and lork...they not dare to approach me at all...maybe they have to give me money instead

it was in early 8Os, after lunch, two singh walked in office looking for manager.

i was having kofe with cigar, told them manager was out with job.

they talkd to me with certain degree of correct events that happend to me, then they gave me 2pcs of precious stones, oso shown me a few fotos with poor children which they claimd need donation.

out of goodwill after seeing those fotos, i donated with some $$$s.

For Bai Jin - give a token amount if you're lest acquainted with that office' colleague aka the deceased' relative.

It is not about saving one's face but a gesture of offering of condolence.

For Hong Jin (ang pow) - Do NOT scrimp as the recipient will remember you for life... in their bad books.

Supercharged

Mine encounter not really those magic trick/con job.

Years ago upon stepping out of a WS at Alex. I was approached by two men. Both of them got tattoo and sizes on the "plus" range.

I encounter before one tattoo young guy asking for money while I was eating alone in a AMK kopitaim. His reason was he lost money/or no money/etc so ask for $10 to go home.... I just parted my $10 to him so I can enjoy my meal again, alone.

I encounter before one tattoo young guy asking for money while I was eating alone in a AMK kopitaim. His reason was he lost money/or no money/etc so ask for $10 to go home.... I just parted my $10 to him so I can enjoy my meal again, alone.

You have a good heart.

[thumbsup]

there's a bunch of sikhs (maybe from india. they speak in foreign accent, wear turbans) hanging around city hall.

they'd try to engage you with their line 'sir/mdm, today is your lucky day' then proceed to chat and try to tell your fortune.

i don't know if these are the same tricksters. Each time they approach me with this line, I'd reply 'yes, so let's keep it that way' and walk away [laugh]

there's a bunch of sikhs (maybe from india. they speak in foreign accent, wear turbans) hanging around city hall.

they'd try to engage you with their line 'sir/mdm, today is your lucky day' then proceed to chat and try to tell your fortune.

i don't know if these are the same tricksters. Each time they approach me with this line, I'd reply 'yes, so let's keep it that way' and walk away [laugh]

That was a good one [thumbsup]

[laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement