Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

my avante major scv cost. engine oil fully- mobil 1 + svc all brake +flush brake sys+ atf and flushing +air filter+a/c filter +spark plug +coolant only

RM 700 hehe, convert to sgd < $300. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Hi folks,

Looks like my current budget only allow me to buy Avante 1.6A car in the range of 2008-2009 registered vehicles. As such, would like to seek fellow Avante drivers about the maintenance section.

1. do Avante like some older car need to change timing belt ? If yes, at what mileage interval (e.g. 60KM) need to change and how much $$$ ? And also, does it also need to change the water pump that usually associated with timing belt ?

2. How much is to replace the original shock absorber (4x) ?

3. How much to replace the aircon fan belt ?

4. Anything special about Avante car battery ? Can settle with $150 ?

5. So far anybody overhaul or change their auto gearbox before ? If yes, how much ?

6. Anybody replace their master brake pump ? If yes, how much ?

The above is based on my current ride experience which I need to replace. Any other areas where I have missed, will be be glad if you can point out to me :)

Thanks

this car using timing chain, dun need replaced timing belt or water pump

original absorber x4 hm....ask my friend, so far never repalced even 6 year old avante

fan belt, less than sgd 40

car battery, so far ..i get it $ 120 from my friend.

the g.box. around 2k , i o/h before

so far this car dun have brake master pump issu la. many of my gang using this car. so far so good

what u need to do when buying this car. engine oil, coolant, spark plug, tyres, aligment, atf, air filter , a/c filter, brake , fan belt. that all

then it will a perfect car

my avante major scv cost. engine oil fully- mobil 1 + svc all brake +flush brake sys+ atf and flushing +air filter+a/c filter +spark plug +coolant only

RM 700 hehe, convert to sgd < $300. [:p]

Bro,

Can pm me the address ?

TIA. [:)]

any workshop can do avante, no need special skill to do it, and it's a hassle free car

may want to get a 2nd hand avante....

cabin noise .....ok or not

pick-up ..... responsive or not

Edited by Camrysfa

may want to get a 2nd hand avante....

cabin noise .....ok or not

pick-up ..... responsive or not

It depends on what you driving now, for example, if you drive a Ferrari now, any Korean car may just disappoint you in terms of pick-up.

Anyway, for my case, I'm driving a Avante 1.6A with 17" rim, so pick-up wise, not really fantastic. And another observation (experience myself as well as some bros in Avante forum), the auto-gear box is rather stubborn.

It shifted very fast upwards especially from 2 to 3, however, there's not enough RPM accompany with the shift, it resulted in a kind of "empty" shift. Imagine driving a manual car, without enough acceleration in the current gear and you shifted upwards, the next gear will result like no response from the accelerator (until after the car gather acceleration).

Likewise, it's very stubborn to shift downwards and the only way is to sudden step on your accelerator (may even floor it) to force the system to shift to lower gear (example, entering BKE from PIE where you will encounter a curvy slope upwards).

Cheers

does avante need to rev to 3k or more rpm before it can reach highway cruise of 100kmph.

my car is now a 2.0 so the pick-up is acceptable......previous car was a nissan sunny 1999 model ( quite a noisy tin can and there is some lag for a soft footer like me )

Hey bro, check where did you do the replacement for the antenna rubber base ? Mine happened to fell off into pieces too.

Just saw your msg.. I buy from stockist and then get those audio shop to change for me

does avante need to rev to 3k or more rpm before it can reach highway cruise of 100kmph.

my car is now a 2.0 so the pick-up is acceptable......previous car was a nissan sunny 1999 model ( quite a noisy tin can and there is some lag for a soft footer like me )

Hit 100Km/h need about 2.8~2.9K RPM.

For my case, most of the time, I'm below 3 or low 2. No doubt cruising wise, is pretty nice drive other than situation where you need the auto gear to be more "intelligent" to shift down or up.

Hit 100Km/h need about 2.8~2.9K RPM.

For my case, most of the time, I'm below 3 or low 2. No doubt cruising wise, is pretty nice drive other than situation where you need the auto gear to be more "intelligent" to shift down or up.

Haha... my present car only need 3 selection: park, reverse or on D mode. Accelerator - just press more or ease off.

Coming back to buying:

A 2010 Avante - estimated dep per year 8K

A brand new Elantra - estimated dep per year 11K

both case assume drive until COE expire - which one more value.

Haha... my present car only need 3 selection: park, reverse or on D mode. Accelerator - just press more or ease off.

Coming back to buying:

A 2010 Avante - estimated dep per year 8K

A brand new Elantra - estimated dep per year 11K

both case assume drive until COE expire - which one more value.

Well, regardless Avante or Elantra, petrol, parking, ERP, road tax, insurance all the same. If the difference is only S$3K per year and you can afford it, I would say, why not Elantra !

Beside, paying for a newer model with added features, it brings you a fresh 3 years warranty as well. And since COE has only one direction up, should you need to let go few years down the road, it shouldn't be that bad as well.

Well, regardless Avante or Elantra, petrol, parking, ERP, road tax, insurance all the same. If the difference is only S$3K per year and you can afford it, I would say, why not Elantra !

Beside, paying for a newer model with added features, it brings you a fresh 3 years warranty as well. And since COE has only one direction up, should you need to let go few years down the road, it shouldn't be that bad as well.

Saw 2 Optra today. Looks wise it meets my eye. 12.5 km/L. Said to very stable for NSHW or conering. But I am not a speedster.

A 09 Optra 1.6A with 55k odo - about 7K dep.

Neutral Newbie

Promotions of Hyundai Avante in Singapore! The Only ... 1.6 (A) ... The Cerato's drive was good but rough, but I rejected because of its prize and customer service.

Neutral Newbie

Hi need some advice here regarding my avante shock absorber. I was quoted $340 for 4 pcs absorbers by stockists.. Called up cityauto testing at sin Ming and was quoted $730 inclusive of labor charges $150...is that a reasonable mark up? Thanks in advance

Hi need some advice here regarding my avante shock absorber. I was quoted $340 for 4 pcs absorbers by stockists.. Called up cityauto testing at sin Ming and was quoted $730 inclusive of labor charges $150...is that a reasonable mark up? Thanks in advance

City Auto charges are comparatively higher but I find them a reliable workshop. Besides price, you have to wait longer than usual as this place is well patronized.

Sounds steep.

The last I change (other car model but still korean) @ Ang Mo Kio Auto (Harmony Motor) point charges only S$40 per absorber only. So assuming you buy the absorbers from stockist ($340) + $40*4 only translate to $500 nia.

So $750 sounds steep to me.

hi guys,

i need some advice on choosing 2nd handed Car - Avante 1.6A or Forte 1.6A, both 2009 registered.

My budget is $50k+/-.

Which one you guys will go for? How's the cars' performance & maintenance?

What is their reasonable 2nd handed price?

Appreciate your advice.

thanks

↡ Advertisement