Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Neutral Newbie

I'm having some problem with my power door lock on my 2009 Avante. When I press the activate remote to lock the car, only the alarm gets armed, the doors cannot lock. Also, while in the car, locking the drivers door does not automatically lock the other doors. Manual looking by inserting the key into the drivers side can still lock all doors.

Anyone here know of a good workshop who deals with Hyundai cars other than Komoco?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys im driving a avante 07 model with mileage of around 90k. For the past few months my auto gearbox got problems with the gears slipping. It usually happens when going into third gear. Sometimes when i rev up the third gear will slip just like its not engaging properly. Its quite intermittent and annoying at the same time. I had already change the ATF fluid and also 4 spark coils but still it happens. Anyone experience this before?

Hi guys im driving a avante 07 model with mileage of around 90k. For the past few months my auto gearbox got problems with the gears slipping. It usually happens when going into third gear. Sometimes when i rev up the third gear will slip just like its not engaging properly. Its quite intermittent and annoying at the same time. I had already change the ATF fluid and also 4 spark coils but still it happens. Anyone experience this before?

dun think spark coils got much to do with slippage in transmission....u probably need to get the transmission repaired or replaced (with reconditioned or used one)....prepare a few $K

Recently I encountered similar problem on my 8 year old Sunny. The gearbox was intermittently stuck at gear 1 and refused to switch into 2. Did an ECU scan but couldn't find any fault code. Eventually took a gamble and replace the speed sensor on the gearbox and it worked.

I'm having some problem with my power door lock on my 2009 Avante. When I press the activate remote to lock the car, only the alarm gets armed, the doors cannot lock. Also, while in the car, locking the drivers door does not automatically lock the other doors. Manual looking by inserting the key into the drivers side can still lock all doors.

Anyone here know of a good workshop who deals with Hyundai cars other than Komoco?

Avante got a very stubborn gearbox and very eager to change to higher gear early. As such, there will be cases where your car got no power due to too early change higher gear that causes it. So when there's not enough power, you will automatically step on the accelerator deeper and causes it to drop 1 level gear (e.g. 3rd to 2nd gear) to gain more power (e.g. up slope).

Depending on how fast and deep you step on the accelerator, it will causes the gear to drop to gain power. I think almost all auto car can do that.

Alternatively you can send to Komoco motor for evaluation (not necessary do it). Hope it helps.

Does your Avante have immobiliser? If not, car audio shops should be able to help you on the remote. If not, its better to go back to Komoco.

Neutral Newbie

Well I went to Komoco and they informed they need to take out the engine to check the VVT. They already change the oil control valve but still the problem persists. Just for checking they quote me 1k..Wth!!!

Well I went to Komoco and they informed they need to take out the engine to check the VVT. They already change the oil control valve but still the problem persists. Just for checking they quote me 1k..Wth!!!

Maybe its time to sell e avante n get a proper car. -_-

But quite strange. I drove a 1989 hyundai excel 1.5 auto till 10 yrs n scrap no problems wh autobox or engine or anything.

I found it quite a strong car cos i drove it very hard. Maintenance was cheap n easy at my regular ws. Parts easy to find outside n quite cheap.

Maybe its time to sell e avante n get a proper car. -_-

But quite strange. I drove a 1989 hyundai excel 1.5 auto till 10 yrs n scrap no problems wh autobox or engine or anything.

I found it quite a strong car cos i drove it very hard. Maintenance was cheap n easy at my regular ws. Parts easy to find outside n quite cheap.

Lol, you mean avante is not a proper car?! [:p] I think no matter what car, sometimes also depends on luck. Some people have no problem with their car, regardless what make they are driving. But some people might have problems with their car, even they drive a luxury car. [rolleyes]

Lol, you mean avante is not a proper car?! [:p] I think no matter what car, sometimes also depends on luck. Some people have no problem with their car, regardless what make they are driving. But some people might have problems with their car, even they drive a luxury car. [rolleyes]

Dunno leh.... Yr car got these problems n costing u so much. Maybe u got a lemon?

Dun keep throwing more money into it. Sometimes its better to change car then to keep repairing this n that n still got more problems keep coming up.

Having viper vibration on my avantek during rain time especially big rain. Change viper already, still having same problem. Can any one advise. Thanks a lot.

Having viper vibration on my avantek during rain time especially big rain. Change viper already, still having same problem. Can any one advise. Thanks a lot.

Cud b some wax on yr windscreen. Either u use wash n wax shampoo or u go carwash that use it.

Some say use a good glass cleaner or vinegar to clean windscreen to stop e judder.

If i hv judder....i just keep wiper on till e wax is wiped off then it goes smooth again.

Twincharged

I own a 2009 avante.

It is OPC and mileage has just hit 65 k

My flywheel seal recently sprung a leak and had to be replaced. According to the guy at the workshop, this is common in avantes.

In terms of fuel efficiency, it has become quite bad, about 11.03 km/L based on RON 97 (JB petrol- Esso and Shell)

On the other hand, it is pleasant to drive and comfortable. Steering is easy.

I do plan to sell it off soon, though once i move overseas.

Yeah, based on previous thread I was supposed to have left but some issues. Anyway, it was lucky that no one bought that car from me cos when the flywheel sprung a leak, the engine oil dripped so slowly that it was undetectable until the warning came on. It was so undetectable because by dripping on and off, there was no pool of engine oil at the bottom of the car.

I thought it was a sensor problem until I checked the dipstick and my heart turned cold when the dip stick showed no engine oil.

Neutral Newbie

Cud b some wax on yr windscreen. Either u use wash n wax shampoo or u go carwash that use it.

Some say use a good glass cleaner or vinegar to clean windscreen to stop e judder.

If i hv judder....i just keep wiper on till e wax is wiped off then it goes smooth again.

i have this problem too. But my case is that the longer it wipe, the judder become worst.

Neutral Newbie

I own a 2009 avante.

It is OPC and mileage has just hit 65 k

My flywheel seal recently sprung a leak and had to be replaced. According to the guy at the workshop, this is common in avantes.

In terms of fuel efficiency, it has become quite bad, about 11.03 km/L based on RON 97 (JB petrol- Esso and Shell)

On the other hand, it is pleasant to drive and comfortable. Steering is easy.

I do plan to sell it off soon, though once i move overseas.

Yeah, based on previous thread I was supposed to have left but some issues. Anyway, it was lucky that no one bought that car from me cos when the flywheel sprung a leak, the engine oil dripped so slowly that it was undetectable until the warning came on. It was so undetectable because by dripping on and off, there was no pool of engine oil at the bottom of the car.

I thought it was a sensor problem until I checked the dipstick and my heart turned cold when the dip stick showed no engine oil.

Hi Philip,seen your problem previously. Indeed Avante is an easy to maintain car.Just change engine oil,filter every 10K, Spark plug change every 20k if using OEM. ATF every 30K.Brake fluid and radiator flushing every 40K.Servicing done at JB cause it is cheaper.Servicing at AD is very ex. and long waiting time(base on my personal experience)

I just changed the fan belt at 130,000 km. It was the first time changing. The mech was quite surprised that the old belt was still in very good condition even after 130k. Also changed the water pump at the same time though on hindsight, it wasn't necessary as the old pump was still in very good condition. But decided to change it anyway since the mech had already removed the old pump to check.

i have this problem too. But my case is that the longer it wipe, the judder become worst.

Cud b yr wiper is spreading e wax over e glass. Cause more judder.

What abt during heavy rain n yr wiper on fr long time. Wil e juddering stop?

If so...it takes some time of wiper on to remove e layer of wax on yr glass.

If it continues fr long time...try cleaning yr glass throughly wh a good glass cleaner or vinegar.

Cud b yr wiper is spreading e wax over e glass. Cause more judder.

What abt during heavy rain n yr wiper on fr long time. Wil e juddering stop?

If so...it takes some time of wiper on to remove e layer of wax on yr glass.

If it continues fr long time...try cleaning yr glass throughly wh a good glass cleaner or vinegar.

use glass compound Z from soft 99

↡ Advertisement