Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Neutral Newbie

Even with heavy downpour, the judder still continues. I have a layer of rainX on.. is it the cause of the judder?

↡ Advertisement

Even with heavy downpour, the judder still continues. I have a layer of rainX on.. is it the cause of the judder?

very likely

Yes. RainX is the cause. Most likely, the application was not evenly spread out or some layers applied might have been gone after some time.

The best advice is not to put RainX. You can apply on your windows, rear windscreen and side mirrors but don't apply it on the main windscreen. A good wiper would be more than sufficient to clean the water away during heavy downpours.

Hahaha. Oh that explains it.

Rain x wil cause judder. Only use it on side, rear windows n side mirrors.

I think u need to remove all rain x fm front glass to stop judder.

Try glass polish but if u put rain x in yr washer tank....u need to clear all out 1st.

Neutral Newbie

I just changed the fan belt at 130,000 km. It was the first time changing. The mech was quite surprised that the old belt was still in very good condition even after 130k. Also changed the water pump at the same time though on hindsight, it wasn't necessary as the old pump was still in very good condition. But decided to change it anyway since the mech had already removed the old pump to check.

I had the belt and those hoses changed at 150k.Water pump had yet to change,current mileage clocked 250k.

Any one facing steering problem with avantek. When you turni your steering you can hear sound, send to workshop to check they say it not the coupling problem.

Workshop say it the steering motor spoil, change new moto cost $1000++.

Can any one advise. Thank so much.

Neutral Newbie

Any one facing steering problem with avantek. When you turni your steering you can hear sound, send to workshop to check they say it not the coupling problem.

I also have this problem long time ago,send to AD to check,they say this is normal.Continue to drive until today,the noise become worse.Even have the knocking feeling when moving off.

3 of my friends faced steering problem after the 4th years.... not sure if they are the same issues...

the repair for one of them cost him abt $400+, we bought our rides around the same period, i bought sushi and he go for kimchi... so far my sushi no problem yet (touch wood)...

Neutral Newbie

oh, if you dun mind . i know a w/shop in malaysia bukit indah.near jusco bukit indah

they are pro in kia/hyundai car. i just done my major svc over there . good and cheap and pro. haha.

but not open everyday. E-SPEED TRADING. :D

u got the address or pic of the shop?? i am a new avante owner here and wan to check the car condition,.,.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys i mdriving avantae 2006 nov model . my aircon giving me someproblems . sometimesits not cold ...i alredy chkthe gas . its fine . while running in the highway suddenly its not cold . after sometime its getting cold . is any onecan advice me whats the issue?

Hi guys i mdriving avantae 2006 nov model . my aircon giving me someproblems . sometimesits not cold ...i alredy chkthe gas . its fine . while running in the highway suddenly its not cold . after sometime its getting cold . is any onecan advice me whats the issue?

u try take out the aircon filter, if its cold then replace it with a new 1. if not go to workshop n check ur thermostat.

Neutral Newbie

u try take out the aircon filter, if its cold then replace it with a new 1. if not go to workshop n check ur thermostat.

yeah better check it

Hi all, I'm quite keen in a used 2009 used avante (opc) but the fact that it has 2 owners and mileage of > 100k kinda concern me.

What do you guys advise to check?

Bro. Mine is a 2010 opc and milage yet to even hit 40k. >100k for 4 yrs may more for a normal plate. Its my opinion. No offence de

Hi all, I'm quite keen in a used 2009 used avante (opc) but the fact that it has 2 owners and mileage of > 100k kinda concern me.

What do you guys advise to check?

Look for another car

Thanks guys. I know the mileage is more than twice of what it usually is.

At what price do you think it worth the risk?

↡ Advertisement