Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Hi folks,

As I will be sending my Avante/80KM for servicing @ Komoco, currently, the are having a promotion

01.jpg

The fuel filter ($50) and fan belt ($50) looks quite OK to me. While the front brake pad ($142.80) and rear ($78.84) may look expensive.

So does the above promotion sounds reasonable ?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

That are the few items I brought in Malaysia stockist :

1- Esso Mobil engine oil 0w 40 RM139( shopping mall )

2- Hyundai oil filter RM 13.00

3- Hyundai air filter RM 35 (DIY)

4- Hyundai air con filter 25+ ( DIY )

5- Hyundai original gear box oil RM88.00

Item 1 and 2 labour cost Rm 15.00

Item 3 labour RM 15.00

If change by dealer workshop for the gear box oil cost RM 140.00 ( gear box RM 110 + labour 30.00) this my experience

Neutral Newbie

That are the few items I brought in Malaysia stockist :

1- Esso Mobil engine oil 0w 40 RM139( shopping mall )

2- Hyundai oil filter RM 13.00

3- Hyundai air filter RM 35 (DIY)

4- Hyundai air con filter 25+ ( DIY )

5- Hyundai original gear box oil RM88.00

Item 1 and 2 labour cost Rm 15.00

Item 3 labour RM 15.00

If change by dealer workshop for the gear box oil cost RM 140.00 ( gear box RM 110 + labour 30.00) this my experience

Hi Bro, can I have the address where you bought these items? Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

anyone know of a good and decently priced workshop to have my front shock absorbers replaced ? i sent my car to komoco for servicing today with no problems. Car returned to me with with a creaking sound on my front right tyres when i go over bumps. Komoco says it's "WEAR & TEAR". And they didn't even call me to inform me that i had faulty shock absorbers and if i wanted to have them replaced. I really wonder if it's wear and tear or they accidentally did something to it.

Neutral Newbie

anyone know of a good and decently priced workshop to have my front shock absorbers replaced ? i sent my car to komoco for servicing today with no problems. Car returned to me with with a creaking sound on my front right tyres when i go over bumps. Komoco says it's "WEAR & TEAR". And they didn't even call me to inform me that i had faulty shock absorbers and if i wanted to have them replaced. I really wonder if it's wear and tear or they accidentally did something to it.

Recently I just changed mine at JB, 2 front absorbers, absorber mount, absorber link and lower arm.

Hi bros, i m 2nd owner of 2009 avante @ 35K mileague. 1st time having car. Bought in this March 2013. 1st owner doing all his Servicing at Komoco, pretty sure cos 2nd hand car salesman has a copy of Sept 2013 invoice from Komoco. So i just did my servicing of changing engine oil & filter in May before i went in Msia , drove up to Penang in June 2012. Pretty smooth ride. But now 2 weeks ago, my steering wheel, when turn, got squeky sound, like a mouse looking for food..inke, inke inke inke..It sounded even when car not moving(but car is on in order to move its steering on EPS system, otherwise hard to turn when engine off). I then drop by a WS, they said common for avante, i need to change steering shaft & bush. which currently no stock until NOV. When ask is it dangerous, he said no. Can Bros here advise me, is it common of this Avante steering problem? Anyone know what is the cause? (is it true due to shaft or bush), and indeed dangerous or not by not changing it?

Hi all, I'm quite keen in a used 2009 used avante (opc) but the fact that it has 2 owners and mileage of > 100k kinda concern me.

What do you guys advise to check?

Ever considered two facts?

1) It could have been a black plate car that was recently converted to OPC?

2) It is just well used? I used to work as a nurse in SGH. My shift for morning starts at 0700 hours so sometimes I will drive my OPC car to park there (free for me since I am staff). After work, I leave it there overnight for the next day if I am afternon shift and then drive it back after work. Weekends I drive it al the time.

So it is possible if the person using it really makes full use of it.

Used to drive 400 km every weekend on top of the weekly drives to work (drive morning, park there, take back car next day after afternoon shift). I pumped RON 95 then in JB so it was not too bad [blush]

Anyway, what to check?

Based on my experience, limited they may be,

I will check for any accident damage, condition of tires and send the car for inspection. I have heard that the flyseal cracks easily in an avante so have it checked. I posted on this some time back when my fuel pressure was low.

Can the car turn on easily? I changed battery early this year and the mechanic told me lucky i changed my battery because it was about to seize and die. The thing is that there would be no warning signs and checks might not reveal the problem because the battery functioning while the engine is on (and off) has no bearning on whether or not the battery can store a charge (unless u park ur car for a few days then go and test it without switching on the engine, which no one does). Changing the battery regularly is the only way to enzure it does not go flat. A sign that the battery might go flat soon is when it takes longer than normal to on the engine (even though it can still catch).

Hi bros, i m 2nd owner of 2009 avante @ 35K mileague. 1st time having car. Bought in this March 2013. 1st owner doing all his Servicing at Komoco, pretty sure cos 2nd hand car salesman has a copy of Sept 2013 invoice from Komoco. So i just did my servicing of changing engine oil & filter in May before i went in Msia , drove up to Penang in June 2012. Pretty smooth ride. But now 2 weeks ago, my steering wheel, when turn, got squeky sound, like a mouse looking for food..inke, inke inke inke..It sounded even when car not moving(but car is on in order to move its steering on EPS system, otherwise hard to turn when engine off). I then drop by a WS, they said common for avante, i need to change steering shaft & bush. which currently no stock until NOV. When ask is it dangerous, he said no. Can Bros here advise me, is it common of this Avante steering problem? Anyone know what is the cause? (is it true due to shaft or bush), and indeed dangerous or not by not changing it?

Not sure about this but if it can turn when needed think it is safe. Unless the squeaking is so bad so that u r unwilling to turn, shocked (sound gives u scare)when turning then it can be dangerous. Or if the squeaking causes u to stop at the road shoulder of expressway. This can happen if someone else drives ur car (ur other half) and does not know about this issue. So while I think it is safe, get it fixed as soon as possible.

any update of recommended workshop for Avante 100k servicing.

for workshop in Johor!

Also where can get reliable service and price for air-con servicing in Johor

Edited by Contipro
  • Praise 1

any update of recommended workshop for Avante 100k servicing.

for workshop in Johor!

Also where can get reliable service and price for air-con servicing in Johor

hi, I always go to the workshop next to ah biao wan tan mee near sentosa. Front of the workshop got a big tree.

• Praise 1

hi Joe8688,

Thanks for your input.

Any idea what the workshop name?

I plan to change as following:

1) change engine oil + oil filter

2) flush and change coolant

3) flush and change ATF oil

4) change all F/R brake pads

5) flush and change brake fluids

6) change water pump + belt

7) change spark plug

8) change fuel filter

9) 4 wheels balancing and alignment

Any idea how the above cost will be ?

Anyway u have any good recommendation for Alignment job in JB?

last one I did at Castrol workshop near around tebrau area. But the alignment done still not so good. Car still lean towards left side.:(

hi Joe8688,

Thanks for your input.

Any idea what the workshop name?

I plan to change as following:

1) change engine oil + oil filter

2) flush and change coolant

3) flush and change ATF oil

4) change all F/R brake pads

5) flush and change brake fluids

6) change water pump + belt

7) change spark plug

8) change fuel filter

9) 4 wheels balancing and alignment

Any idea how the above cost will be ?

Anyway u have any good recommendation for Alignment job in JB?

last one I did at Castrol workshop near around tebrau area. But the alignment done still not so good. Car still lean towards left side.:(

Hi Contipro,

The name of the shop is Hup Heng Ang.

From the list, I had not change the water pump and fuel filter. The shop does everythings from servicing to repair and they sell tyres too.

You can do your wheel balancing and alignment there. For wheel alignment, best is when installing new tyre. You can ask them for a quote first,

can bargain abit.

↡ Advertisement