Budget 2012: 12.5 billion of Defence spending

Wind30

It is important to spend on defense. But also agree that SAF could be a little more efficient, especially in utilizing NSman.

I think not many know it's their unit's CO(NSman also) and his merry men plan the training program and logistics, basically the whole show(ICT) is run by NSman not SAF. First few ICT bound to have lots of unnecessary waiting. Waiting time will improve as more & more ICTs go by, but still have to wait. All depends on the effeciency of the CO and his merry men.

Oh yeah. TS's 50 x 36yo come back for training on clicking mouse button is also the decision of his CO. If he got the balls he can go find his CO and confront him.

Edited by Watwheels

I think not many know it's their unit's CO(NSman also) and his merry men plan the training program and logistics, basically the whole show(ICT) is run by NSman not SAF. First few ICT bound to have lots of unnecessary waiting. Waiting time will improve as more & more ICTs go by, but still have to wait. All depends on the effeciency of the CO and his merry men.

Oh yeah. TS's 50 x 36yo come back for training on clicking mouse button is also the decision of his CO. If he got the balls he can go find his CO and confront him.

I find it funny, when go reservist and its very xiong. Reservist complain why so xiong. When simple and relax same batch say ask them go back waste time.

Edited by Joseph22

I find it funny, when go reservist and its very xiong. Reservist complain why so xiong. When simple and relax same batch say ask them go back waste time.

Cos ppl kenna brainwashed into this kinda thinking, do things that dun earn them money = waste time. :D

No matter what ppl will comprain anyway. It's in their blood.

Edited by Watwheels

our army is a defence/deterrence force.

not an attack force.

so need to stock up in case of emergencies.

if 12.5 billion is alot, US army spends 20x the amount

20x the amount over x population over x advance technologies ahead compared with us....

It is really too much....

Furthermore, in times of war, we just need x weeks before UN will come & help us....

Thanks to our foreign policies & relationship....

For all you know the Figure of $12.5B is a farce to scare our neighbors only.

No one really know whether this is the actual money spent.

Just like the Speed camera along ECP b4 Sheares Bridge. Its a dummy and yet most conditioned to slow down to 70kmh...

Towards Airport - confirm dummy

How about towards Suntec?

U say like that u jialat liao..next round reservist they packed more into each day...let u go relac...jus go lah..dun wan to go then write in to defer... actually reservist is a good time to network lah n catch up with ppl u met many years ago..after u finished it..u will miss it... so relac u also complained...wait send u out field to simulate attack u lagi jialat...eat field rations... [laugh] Last time my camp got ppl like u this type..complained waste time..subsequently...more n more siong n priviledges all take away bcos ppl like to complain.... relac bro...just treat it as the time to relax n enjoy companionship... [;)]

Did you read my post? I am not complaining that the reservist is too xiong lah. Neither is to try to get out of reservist.

A lot of my fellow reservist mates actually enjoy being called up. We just go there at 830am. Sometimes can book out early at 4-5pm. no need to stay in. Just press mouse in a AIR CON room. Many of them prefer this to their normal jobs...

The point is how useless and wasteful the exercise seems to us.

Anyway, I am quite surprised a lot of people here is quite supportive of SAF. So maybe my unit is the odd one out. The rest of SAF is good and prudent so it is not that bad.

i volunteer to change unit with u....

since u like your time well spent...

we have a route march before immediately going for a 4 day 3 night outfield...

glad to change with u anytime..

I was recalled for my first reservist last year at age 36. I was a clerk during NS. My reservist unit is wargame center. They called around 50 of us, and most of us are 36 years old, first time reservist. Call us back for one week to do what?

Speaking as someone who has already MR, I am proud to say that I have served all my ICT with pride and honour. Infact during the MR ceremony, a lot of us actually felt sad that we will never don the greens again. And we looked back with a glow in our hearts, knowing that we had once served...that we were once soldiers of the land.

that one toward airport nit fake lah. They didn't say got speed cam on the road.

There is no lens pointing in that direction leh..

they didn't mention there is a camera there too lor. So they already tell U that is not a speed cam.

There is no lens pointing in that direction leh..

$12.5b... Can spend a bit on the army camps? The 2 cupboard in my bunk spoil for 3 years already. The next bunk has a ceiling fan on the floor plus other defects.

Speaking as someone who has already MR, I am proud to say that I have served all my ICT with pride and honour. Infact during the MR ceremony, a lot of us actually felt sad that we will never don the greens again. And we looked back with a glow in our hearts, knowing that we had once served...that we were once soldiers of the land.

U r making me suddenly feel like digging out my old No.4 n Q up to :o draw arms!

$12.5b... Can spend a bit on the army camps? The 2 cupboard in my bunk spoil for 3 years already. The next bunk has a ceiling fan on the floor plus other defects.

u didn't raised this issue up huh?? Got procedure one. And they already budget for. Unless U didn't report.

But still better than field camp [:p]

↡ Advertisement