Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 8 praises

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

rear passenger window film kena scratch from inside, now thinking of doing new film cheap way. Any good film shops in JB to recommend? how to ensure the new film pass LTA inspection? compare old and new using our own eyes to see its not darker than old one?

Many thanks.. smile.gif

ps: what's the standard JB price for one window?
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

rear passenger window film kena scratch from inside, now thinking of doing new film cheap way. Any good film shops in JB to recommend? how to ensure the new film pass LTA inspection? compare old and new using our own eyes to see its not darker than old one?

Many thanks.. smile.gif

You want cheap, its DIY, bro..... buy from autobacs and stick it yourself... can't get any cheaper than that.

u want to drive all the way to JB, just to do one window?? u say worth it or not?
1 Anonymous member praised this
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

You want cheap, its DIY, bro..... buy from autobacs and stick it yourself... can't get any cheaper than that.

u want to drive all the way to JB, just to do one window?? u say worth it or not?

ya hor!! .... unless go in makan also

diy possible to achieve bubble-free bo? i not good with my hand... sad.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

ya hor!! .... unless go in makan also

diy possible to achieve bubble-free bo? i not good with my hand... sad.gif

You got Heat Blower or not? Bubble free is easy, just use window/glass cleaner to spray on glass before putting on film. You need the Heat Blower to 'melt' the film onto the glass so it doesn't come off easily.

Cheap must be good too, I went to this shop at Paya Ubi, paid $200 for all windows. Now, my plastic triangular cover at my rear left door interior, comes off every now and then, while the rest of the covers on the other doors are loose. dry.gif

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

You got Heat Blower or not? Bubble free is easy, just use window/glass cleaner to spray on glass before putting on film. You need the Heat Blower to 'melt' the film onto the glass so it doesn't come off easily.

Cheap must be good too, I went to this shop at Paya Ubi, paid $200 for all windows. Now, my plastic triangular cover at my rear left door interior, comes off every now and then, while the rest of the covers on the other doors are loose. dry.gif

thank you for the tips!! .... let me try diy first, most to most if result like shiit, go JB do again biggrin.gif

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

MacDuck
  • MacDuck
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Many thanks.. smile.gif

Window is quite easy to DIY.

Buy from local window film supplier, the range with max UV/IR with VLT at 80% costs around S$2.50 per sq feet.

Google SG for suppliers.

Use your existing film as a template cut to shape, clean window with soap solution and squeegee before application.

I did it for my front side windows before inspection last year, total cost less than S$20 and its a 30mins job.

Passed LTA inspection with no probs.

Local tint shop wanted to charge me $120 for removal and reapplication. hur.gif

Edited by MacDuck, 24 February 2012 - 10:27 AM.

... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ...

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

MacDuck
  • MacDuck
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Side window is very easy to DIY with good results.

Patience and proper cleaning prior to application is the key!

Use generous amounts of soapy water and a sharp razor.

Johnson baby foam bath + water worked well for me.

Edited by MacDuck, 24 February 2012 - 10:33 AM.

... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ...

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Many thanks.. smile.gif

Done mine in jb PJ area shop name is 2020 car accessories
back window is RM60 for two & back windscreen is RM80..
more than 1yr liao,still very good lei..
And there is 70% 80% wan for u to choose

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

thanks, sounds good smile.gif

Edited by KARTer, 24 February 2012 - 03:15 PM.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

your tips gave me more confidence to try diy, thansk smile.gif

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

forget about diy, some money are meant for others to earn. Once you start diy, confirm regret one............ biggrin.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Evo0085
  • Evo0085
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You could go to East Plan Marketing at Balestier Road to buy the window film. The shop is somewhere opposite Balester Hill School.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Airwaver
  • Premium member
    Airwaver
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Looks easy to DIY but may not be easy to achieve bubble-free. Have to try DIY screen protector for iphone or ipads?
Be nice to people on your way up, cos you'll meet them on your way down.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Trafficwatch
  • Trafficwatch
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Go to Ubi (Opp Auto Magamart) Car Beauty Ctr and do
Doing in JB quality of solar film may not pass LTA check (Due tp diff colour) andd film may shrink & bubbling !

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Many thanks.. smile.gif

I today only failed my inspection.. due to the stupid window tint.. I think you do here better.. I did mine in JB and I failed.. well.. One big mistake I did was to tint the front windscreen as well.. Haizz..
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

You could go to East Plan Marketing at Balestier Road to buy the window film. The shop is somewhere opposite Balester Hill School.

thanks, not too far from where i usually go for makan....

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

I today only failed my inspection.. due to the stupid window tint.. I think you do here better.. I did mine in JB and I failed.. well.. One big mistake I did was to tint the front windscreen as well.. Haizz..

wah, you daring!!!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The JB workshops are generally well aware of the LTA requirement. I did mine( 2 rear windows) almost 3 years ago and yes, bubble free till today and inspection also passed. Can't remember exactly how much, should be around RM60~80 per piece.

One thing is, you better watch them doing it carefully. The shop that I went was M something at the southern city, where giant is.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The JB workshops are generally well aware of the LTA requirement. I did mine( 2 rear windows) almost 3 years ago and yes, bubble free till today and inspection also passed. Can't remember exactly how much, should be around RM60~80 per piece.

One thing is, you better watch them doing it carefully. The shop that I went was M something at the southern city, where giant is.

Regards,

Lols.. the place I went.. I dont think they know.. i went to the one near Bandar Baru Uda...

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

wah, you daring!!!

Well.. I scared hot la boss.. Sigh..Now have to take it out.. next appointment next week...

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: where, window, film, where and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users