Proton Won SWRC Rally Sweden!!!

Escksu

This is no joke. A no name car manufacturer called Proton competed with all the big guns in rally (eg. Ford, Citoren etc....) and won by a margin of 3mins....Whats even more surprising is that Proton came in 12th overall ahead in the event of even some of the far more powerful WRC cars.

This is the first time Proton won in a SWRC competition.

http://www.wrc.com/swrc/news/andersson-cla...home/?fid=16107

↡ Advertisement

Making fast car is easier than making a good, cost effective reliable car. Bring your car to the work shop, they can turn your passenger car to one hell of a monster provided you have deep pockets for such hobby. [cool]

Edited by Renegade777

Proton Boleh! Satria Neo can be the next popular street racer if they market it right.

Hopefully not. I wouldn't want to see Satria neo becoming a street racer. Since Satria Neos are so rare in SG, it makes me feel proud of my car.

Happy for boleh land...

just checking:- is the car using an mit evo10 engine? or proton's 'home-made' block? not that it matters in term of winning such races.... ford/volvo also share engine, rite?

Making fast car is easier than making a good, cost effective reliable car. Bring your car to the work shop, they can turn your passenger car to one hell of a monster provided you have deep pockets for such hobby. [cool]

pple win races, we can talk and be volunteer critics.... they hug their trophies to sleep at nite :D

Saying is easier than doing. Go ahead and build one. Make SG proud. Don't be a NATO. See if you can win or not.

You think its easy to build a car to win a race? Do you know how much time and $$$ go into developing and making these rally cars? Not just the Proton but other S2000 cars?

Happy for boleh land...

just checking:- is the car using an mit evo10 engine? or proton's 'home-made' block? not that it matters in term of winning such races.... ford/volvo also share engine, rite?

Nope. Its a modified 1.8L Renault F4P (same engine used in the 1.8L Waja). Its uprated to 2L and modded to be able to hit 8500RPM and 280HP (as per regulations).

http://www.memuk.com/super2000homepage.html

The rest of the drivers "put water".

Possible, let it win one or two legs without affecting overall result to make them happy/advertising opportunity and continue to pump in money and participate in WRC (after all, majority of jap carmakers have left WRC)

LOL...the Swedish driver won on home ground. Still got many countries to go for the championship. We will see who will emerge as the champ and in what car.

Yo, does this thread even concern you? How about you just f.u.c.k off my threads and go create your own?

Yo, does this thread even concern you? How about you just f.u.c.k off my threads and go create your own?

:D:D

mcf got pple like to come in others' thread and stir.... habit liao, cant be helped one... keep cool and just enjoy posts which are more positive.. [:)]

just take it that this is a circus, got jokers/clowns and all other imaginable/unimaginable characters... [:)]

Supercharged

Nope. Its a modified 1.8L Renault F4P (same engine used in the 1.8L Waja). Its uprated to 2L and modded to be able to hit 8500RPM and 280HP (as per regulations).

I tot Waja using its own Proton invented Campro engine?

I tot only Savvy uses Renault engine leh.... [confused]

I tot Waja using its own Proton invented Campro engine?

I tot only Savvy uses Renault engine leh.... [confused]

L

Waja has a few versions. 1.6,1.8 and 2.0. Only the newer 1.6 using Campro engine. Old 1.6 use Mitsubishi 4G18. 1.8 versions uses Renault F4P. Then 2.0 uses Mitsubishi 6A12.

So the S2000 is developed from the 1.8L F4P engine. They didn't disclose what bore and stroke they use to make it to 2L though.

Btw, there is also a "stock" 1.6L Satria Neo used in Rally. Cusco modified the Satria Neo chassis to include roll cage, welding etc, suspension. However, the engine remains stock. Even intake and extractor is stock. Its used in 2WD and junior rallies.

Btw, junior is not exactly easy. We are talking about over 100KM/H on a single lane mud/gravel track. no SMG, manual gears and clutch.