Proton SWRC Rally Sweden

• Search this thread
54 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

OK thanks bro I will ignore them.

Btw, the Satria S2000 isn't exactly a successful car when it was first made. One of the problem is that the engine has a very narrow power range. Handling isn't that fantastic. It took them quite a lot of time and effort to make the car became what it is today.

One of the major problem is lack of power compared to Turbo cars (APRC has Turbo Evos and WRXs). So the car has to rely on better weight distribution and handling to overcome power deficiency.

Was it the same car which won some races (or maybe even the overall) APRC or Jap domestic RC?... read about it end of 2011 smile.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

Escksu
  • Escksu
    Banned

Was it the same car which won some races (or maybe even the overall) APRC or Jap domestic RC?... read about it end of 2011 smile.gif

Yes, its the same car that won the 2011 APRC. But I guess they have upgraded it and tweak it for Sweden race. Jap Domestic RC is the Satria Neo Cusco version. AFAIK, there are no S2000 used in Jap domestic RC. Below is the link of the Cusco Satria Neo.

http://paultan.org/2...y-car-in-japan/

The APRC cars are driven by Alister Mcrae and Chris Atkinson. I think them came in 1-2.

Btw, they almost won the Monte Carlo rally if not for an engine fire. The fuel line burst which resulted in a fire. They were 1st having a 7mins lead!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Saying is easier than doing. Go ahead and build one. Make SG proud. Don't be a NATO. See if you can win or not.

You think its easy to build a car to win a race? Do you know how much time and $$$ go into developing and making these rally cars? Not just the Proton but other S2000 cars?

Agree with you. It is not difficult to make a fast car, but a fast car that is build within a set of rules (that everyone need to apply), & win is not easy.

Also, for a country that make Zero autocar, I would either congratute our neighbor, or keep my mouth mum.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

Yes, its the same car that won the 2011 APRC. But I guess they have upgraded it and tweak it for Sweden race. Jap Domestic RC is the Satria Neo Cusco version. AFAIK, there are no S2000 used in Jap domestic RC. Below is the link of the Cusco Satria Neo.

http://paultan.org/2...y-car-in-japan/

The APRC cars are driven by Alister Mcrae and Chris Atkinson. I think them came in 1-2.

Btw, they almost won the Monte Carlo rally if not for an engine fire. The fuel line burst which resulted in a fire. They were 1st having a 7mins lead!

Good rally drivers thumbsup.gif .. and the technical team must be quite good (very good in fact) given that the team has a short history in international races smile.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Proton started rally many years already, there was a singh driving satria or wira, can't remenber his name.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

RoadTricks
  • RoadTricks
    3rd Gear

Hopefully not. I wouldn't want to see Satria neo becoming a street racer. Since Satria Neos are so rare in SG, it makes me feel proud of my car.

eh, the more the better! come!come!come!
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Rootkie
  • Rootkie
    1st Gear

If you look carefully at the leader board, you will notice the Proton is not the highest placed S2000 car in the rally although it won. There are 2 more S2000 cars in front, one Sebastien Ogier in 11th and his team mate in 13th overall driving a Skoda Fabia S2000. Proton won because the two Skodas are not registered for SWRC category.

In fact in round 1, Monte Carlo rally, Sebastien Ogier is running as high as 4th on day one and maintaining 6th overall till he crashed out on Day 2. Drivers makes a big difference in these lower leagues. So Proton's good results might be down to their drivers compared to the other registered teams in the category.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Zesty
  • Zesty
    1st Gear

time to change ride =D

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

RoadTricks
  • RoadTricks
    3rd Gear

If you look carefully at the leader board, you will notice the Proton is not the highest placed S2000 car in the rally although it won. There are 2 more S2000 cars in front, one Sebastien Ogier in 11th and his team mate in 13th overall driving a Skoda Fabia S2000. Proton won because the two Skodas are not registered for SWRC category.

In fact in round 1, Monte Carlo rally, Sebastien Ogier is running as high as 4th on day one and maintaining 6th overall till he crashed out on Day 2. Drivers makes a big difference in these lower leagues. So Proton's good results might be down to their drivers compared to the other registered teams in the category.

Ok lah, third also good for Proton!
Congrats!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Elmo
  • Premium member
    Elmo
    5th Gear

Hopefully not. I wouldn't want to see Satria neo becoming a street racer. Since Satria Neos are so rare in SG, it makes me feel proud of my car.

I hope the good results in rallies does well for Proton what WRC did for the Subaru Impreza. I personally noticed Subaru only when I started watching the WRC series. All the while I was oblivious to the WRX's and Evo's around me.

I have seen quite a few nicely done up Satria Neo in JB. It is one of the more chio cars in the Proton lineup.

Think it will still remain quite exclusive here in SG if the Proton dealership continues to sleep.
PSN ID: Havock3662

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Escksu
  • Escksu
    Banned

Ogier and Mikkelsen are competing in WRC, not SWRC.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Meganut
  • Meganut
    4th Gear

wow.... two thumbs up

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Rootkie
  • Rootkie
    1st Gear

They are driving Skoda Fabia S2000 cars run by Volkswagen Motorsport this year in preparation for Volkswagen's WRC debut. So they are effectively running under the same regulations as the protons just that they not registered to score points in the category.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    5th Gear

Saying is easier than doing. Go ahead and build one. Make SG proud. Don't be a NATO. See if you can win or not.

You think its easy to build a car to win a race? Do you know how much time and $$$ go into developing and making these rally cars? Not just the Proton but other S2000 cars?

Don't talk big and act you know. I did not say me. Car manufacturers can make fast cars. Some work shop can also make your car fast provided you have money. That is why we have people modifying their cars for street racing and also track. wacko.gif

Edited by Renegade777, 21 February 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

Pc_forums
  • Premium member
    Pc_forums
    Neutral Newbie

swee laugh.gif

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

Proton started rally many years already, there was a singh driving satria or wira, can't remenber his name.

llRC he's one of MY best drivers

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    5th Gear

This is no joke. A no name car manufacturer called Proton competed with all the big guns in rally (eg. Ford, Citoren etc....) and won by a margin of 3mins....Whats even more surprising is that Proton came in 12th overall ahead in the event of even some of the far more powerful WRC cars.

This is the first time Proton won in a SWRC competition.

http://www.wrc.com/s...home/?fid=16107

I saw Alistair McRae. The surname is just legendary.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Escksu
  • Escksu
    Banned

Don't talk big and act you know. I did not say me. Car manufacturers can make fast cars. Some work shop can also make your car fast provided you have money. That is why we have people modifying their cars for street racing and also track. wacko.gif

If you want to talk, just go create your own thread and stop disturbing mine.

I won't give a damm what you said in your thread.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious

i still prefer the old 1.8 satria gti.... power car!!
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear

llRC he's one of MY best drivers

I think its the satria gti hes driving, one of my favourite during the hey day always looking out for them in the nshw.

Only sat in a perdana among all the my made and the taxi saga. Bro you driving the gti?

Back to Malaysian Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users