How do Ah Beng Handphone shops survive?

AhJason

I have this old Samsung Note N7000 which has past its warranty but needs repair,

When the usb is connected, the laptop is able to detect the phone and display the contents on my computer screen. After a few minutes, the laptop will lose connection with the phone.

The phone charges depending on its mood and it sometimes shows the charging icon but the battery strength decreases instead of increases. I call it "fake charging".

Ok, I suspect it's the usb charging circuitry that is giving the problem and am thinking of finding an Ah Beng shop in Clementi, Jurong East or in the west area to get it fixed.

Any recommendation?

Try changing cable ? it's cheapest .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My Ah beng friend selling hp at AMK central drives a Gallardo and a Wish & lives in a prvt condo. Dun know how he do it.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 11

My Ah beng friend selling hp at AMK central drives a Gallardo and a Wish & lives in a prvt condo. Dun know how he do it.

Then i think i know how, and I am a victim.

They take in used phones that look new, and sell them as new phones. Unsuspecting customers will be conned.

It happened to me in Nov. First time. Last time too.

• Praise 2

Then i think i know how, and I am a victim.

They take in used phones that look new, and sell them as new phones. Unsuspecting customers will be conned.

It happened to me in Nov. First time. Last time too.

The packaging can't tell that inside is used phone?

My ah beng friend wear AP and sell 2nd phone ... sart
  • Praise 3

My ah beng friend wear AP and sell 2nd phone ... sartð

Your friend works in yishun ah?

That day I when to buy a screen protector for phone, this ah beng apply for me, also wearing AP

• Praise 2

Your friend works in yishun ah?

That day I when to buy a screen protector for phone, this ah beng apply for me, also wearing AP

ððð

Amk . I bought 2 phone from him in this past half yr ... too much whatsapp killed my phone . Sibeh siong .
  • Praise 3

The packaging can't tell that inside is used phone?

They are smart, packaging is decent.

Box external, looks reasonably ok. Not brand new, but they can easily say put in their shelves, the place no aircon, got dust/dirt, so it's normal.

Inside, most things are there, intact. Even the earpiece is nicely coiled/wrapped so won't suspect.

And in my case, i was a little greedy, and far too trusting. Means stupid lah. But only once, i told myself.

I was getting a new phone. Found the best quote at mobile square, then a colleague said her friend who sells handphone, said can get the same model at $40 cheaper. I asked her to confirm if it's a brand new phone. She checked and was told yes. So went to get. The box was opened, but that's normal as telcos will open the box for anyone going to their shops to buy new phones, and many people sell them off immediately. 

I thought if it's my colleague's friend, can't be too bad. How wrong i was.

Went home, the home button got scratch, and the back of the phone stained until like got mould like that...

Tried to register warranty on-line, couldn't process... Called them, told me say don't worry, any problem no need go to service centre, just bring back to them and let them settle for me...

Lesson learnt. 

Never trust any of them, ever.

↡ Advertisement