Internet connection

Owen_fan

Hi all, need help regarding to my internet connection at home.

I have 2 different Board band accounts, 1 under starhub & 1 under Singnet (free come with mio tv). I used the starhub as my main network at home. Yesterday, it can only connected to local network, cannot access internet. I tot that it is due to my Aztech router, but when I connected the router to Singnet, it is working fine. I can access internet if I bypass the router, i.e connect my laptop directly to my starhub voice modem. Appreciate expert advise, tks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, need help regarding to my internet connection at home.

I have 2 different Board band accounts, 1 under starhub & 1 under Singnet (free come with mio tv). I used the starhub as my main network at home. Yesterday, it can only connected to local network, cannot access internet. I tot that it is due to my Aztech router, but when I connected the router to Singnet, it is working fine. I can access internet if I bypass the router, i.e connect my laptop directly to my starhub voice modem. Appreciate expert advise, tks.

I am using Starhub broadband, and there was a short interruption to internet service yesterday, I estimated about 20 mins.

Perhaps when the moment you bypass the router, the internet service had already resumed.

Supercharged

I have 2 different Board band accounts, 1 under starhub & 1 under Singnet (free come with mio tv).

Very simple lah, just call Starhub and tell them the problem and they will do something about it. [laugh]

Since you had Starhub internet, you could just subr the MIO TV standalone package. Then that is cheaper.

I have call starhub last night.

They told me to turn off the power & unplug everythings from the modem & then reconnect back. But it still can't work.

I just bought a new laptop and have Singtel home broadband, and office broadband connection problem: 'websit (sg.yahoo.com/) online but is not responding to connection attempts' USD modem no issue. At SAMSUNG Service Centre also no issue. How to know what went wrong. Can it be the address? Can it be very strong boosted signal required available at SAMSUNG to make it work? [confused]

try connecting the starhub direct... if it is ok, then it may be something to do with your router.

otherwise, it is really starhub's problem and u call them to report it

Don't quite understand what you wrote but here goes:

1. If you bypass router and connect direct from cable modem to your laptop, it works, then nothing wrong with starhub.

2. When you add the router, (assuming it running in router mode and not bridged mode) if it doesn't work, it could be the router or config problem. When you add the router, you need to reset the cable modem, bcoz the IP is already leased to the laptop and you only get one IP. Resetting the cable modem will cause the router to grab the WAN IP instead of the laptop.

No problem if connect directly to starhub. I tried to connect the router to singnet, it working fine. Am wondering what is wrong?

is router on DHCP mode when connected to starhub modem?

try to ping your router from your notebook and see if you get a reply.

also before i forget, did you try using a wifi capable phone or something that can connect via wifi to test your router via starhub modem? see whether you can surf or not.

Edited by Happily1986

No problem if connect directly to starhub. I tried to connect the router to singnet, it working fine. Am wondering what is wrong?

Did you power off then on the starhub modem after connecting it to the router after disconnecting from the laptop ?

The modem has to be power cycled. Dont use the button on the modem.

I just bought a new laptop and have Singtel home broadband, and office broadband connection problem: 'website (sg.yahoo.com/) online but is not responding to connection attempts' USD modem no issue. At SAMSUNG Service Centre also no issue. How to know what went wrong. Can it be the address? Can it be very strong boosted signal required available at SAMSUNG to make it work? [confused]

USD modem almost can not receive signal at SAMSUNG, although their line broadband worked well. SAMSUNG equally puzzled. Can anyone suggest what could had gone wrong?

USD modem almost can not receive signal at SAMSUNG, although their line broadband worked well. SAMSUNG equally puzzled. Can anyone suggest what could had gone wrong?

how do you connect your laptop to your home broadband? wifi or by cat5 cable?

do you use a router too?

how do you connect your laptop to your home broadband? wifi or by cat5 cable?

do you use a router too?

cat5e cable, cat6 cable, with/without router, all same result as office (website online but not responding to internet connection attempts). But USB modem not issue at all.

cat5e cable, cat6 cable, with/without router, all same result as office (website online but not responding to internet connection attempts). But USB modem not issue at all.

Do you have other wifi devices e.g. another notebook or wifi capable handphone? Do they experience issues when connecting to the internet via your Singtel connection?

Do you have other wifi devices e.g. another notebook or wifi capable handphone? Do they experience issues when connecting to the internet via your Singtel connection?

Only this SAMSUNG laptop got problem, others doing fine with Singtel connection at home and at office.

Hi, should I turn off the router power before I power off starhub modem? or just leave the router power on, then power off & re-start the starhub modem. Tks

ya i am experiencing the same problem....after a while its ok for the whole night then its down again....anyway they are sending a technician down...

↡ Advertisement