Volkswagen SG crashes customer's car

Mockngbrd

I was following this thread since it began... till now car still not out yet...

33766d1324617309t-volkswagen-singapore-crashes-customers-car-2yvv582.jpg

Started here:

What wld you do?

Started from here:

Abt 2 weeks ago i sent my GTI in for some minor repairs. a few hours later the service advisor called me up to tell me the mechanic crashed my car while test driving... the driver was hospitalised with chest pains but thankfully he was alright and discharged later on. but my poor car was impounded by the TP and only released earlier this week.

Had never been satisfied with VWS' after sales service and this issue really brought my confidence in them to a new low. Granted, they made it easier for me by loaning me a Scirocco R. But im guessing my car will never be the same again. Had 2 and a half years of accident free experience with it and the dealer had to rob me of her first time...

Another forummer posted this before owner posted on forum

""Was crossing the road at Tangling Rd and Alexandra Road junction... heard screeching sound, look forward and saw a black golf (think it is a GTI) turning out from Leng Kee to Tanglin Road under the MRT track... car understeered, rear right wheel hit kerb, car lost control and went towards left kerb and think it hit the car parked along the left kerb... short moment later, a taxi turning out from Leng Kee as well came by, got down and started pointing at driver and clapping... I believe driver airbag was deployed as well..

Then out came a VW SA from the front passenger seat to take photo but driver did not get down... was rushing off so did not see the driver get down...

Looking at taxi driver reaction, I presume car was already speeding along Leng Kee and the sharp turn out from Leng Kee under the MRT caught driver by surprise at the speed the car was at...

I hope this is not a customer car that they are taking out for a test drive! If it is driven by a forumer here, I hope you are ok!

Drive safe folks!""

Continues here: VAGSG Community

they told me they will make sure the repair will make it look as good as new. and tried to assure me that drop in value is a myth cause theres no way proving this car has been in an accident since TP do not release information abt cars to public. (zhoon bo?)

So far they did well to loan me a car comparative, in fact slightly better than my GTI stage 1. but they seem to think that it is a big deal. i asked for an independant surveyour to assess the damage before the repairs at their cost. So far that went well but the surveyour is not able to assure me that the engine's integrity is intact until the damages are repaired and they can run diagnostics on it. there are talks on extending the warranty and some free servicing vouchers. but nothing written down yet. however, it is funny to see them scrambling to do damage control. in the past when i engaged them abt complaints, nobody even give a damn. not even my emails were replied. vws sells good cars. but the after sales cannot catch up in terms of service. my last servicing has to be booked 6 weeks before. absurd.

i do not expect such generousity from a company that tries to save on cost by offering sub standard after sales service. in fact, i mentioned that i may explore getting a new car from them if they give me a good deal. however, the best they are giving me is taking my old car in at 98k (2nd hand car dealer's take in price) and giving me a mere 5+1k good will discount to a new E35 or scirocco R. dun find it enticing at all and i declined. i honestly do not believe a consumer's expectation and their generosity can reconcile.
wow, i did not expect so many comments on this thread. i certainly need to review my expectations for settlement now.

no.23: my stage 1 was done by APR when they sold me the car. though more than once when i go back for servicing, they asked me if i carried out any modifications.... tells u alot about the staffs' knowledge.

RoamingNick: the car plate was already out in the earlier thread started on the day of the accident... pple already bought 4D and lost... my apologies to those dudes.

AhBao9388: i agree with u ahbao, going on main stream media will make it look like a blackmail. i made a mistake when they asked me what am i expecting as compensation. my lawyer estimated a value loss of abt 3k for a car in an accident and hence i said the compensation should be around that level. however, i wasnt thinking about goodwill and any attempts to change what i think of them of course. someone sent me this link: http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/Owne...03-230265.html

however, i am no sultan and not in a position to fight a lengthy civil suit against one more the biggest car dealers in spore. david vs goliath simply do not exist in spore.

markwid: i already got an indepedent surveyour to assess the damage. i found the guy and vws will be footing the bill. so i guess i will trust whatever he tells me once he gets a full assesment of the car. the service manager offered a 1 yr extension to the current warranty expiring nxt april. i counter proposed a reset of the warranty the day im getting my car back. ie. a restart of the 3 yrs warranty. he offered free servicing up to 90K and i asked for 120k instead. however, the "free" servicing do not cover wear and tear replacements. But i sort of caught the drift that any compensation should not exceed the 3k devaluation i hinted to them.

flamenco: ever since i got my gti fr them, ive had so many unpleasant experience with them that i have lost count. the last one was just a few months ago when i had 2 punctured tyres and broken rims after i ran over a rock. i went back to vws to replace them and naturally, paying more than what i could have paid if i had gone to other workshops. i requested that they inspect the base of the car for further damages and to replace a rubber cap at the base that is suppose to keep noise out. but they failed to do both before returning the car to me. only after threatening to complain did the service manager called me and arranged for a visual inspection a couple of days later. they sell great cars, but the after sales simply cant catch up with the sales side.

poolfan: i already checked it out. vws can wriggle themself out with ease. in fact, to put it bluntly, anything above repairing the car to a satisfactory level is goodwill. so far, it doesnt look like they are too concerned with keeping me happy. the manner they offered me a deal for a new car was sloppy to say the least. i had unpleasant memories about the sales advisor who sold me the GTI and i stressed that i DO NOT want that particular advisor to pitch me about the new car. However, i received a call from him 2 days later telling me the management had tasked him to talk to me about the "special deal". apart fr the usual discounts given to normal walk in customers, i will be given an additional 6K discount. To top that off, they are not going to buy my car back at market value, but got quotes from several 2nd hand car dealers to take my beloved car in. the only quote i got to know was 98K. meaning i will have to top up quite abit for the new E35. I made it clear that unless the offer is something that i cannot refuse, I will never purchase a VW again.

T6: do not be mistaken, i totally agree with you. my previous car that came back after an accident was never the same. but i got to be realistic here. unless someone can help me out by showing me an example of another car dealer offering a brand new car in similar cases(press releases), i really do not think volkswagen singapore is that generous and gives a damn about changing my opinion about them.

many thanks to those who gave sound and valuable advice. will keep everyone updated on the latest status.

Latest:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...s_sent_for.html

&

http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php...503&page=25

↡ Advertisement