ANZ petrol prepaid card

Bluepica

Receive a brochure on ANZ 15% discount on StarCash with $200 prepaid card... don't know is it 15% on prepaid petrol... is it worth it?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

This is what I copied from ANZ site about this promotion:

^15% savings achieved through a 15% discount on the purchase of a new ANZ StarCash prepaid card

Receive a brochure on ANZ 15% discount on StarCash with $200 prepaid card... don't know is it 15% on prepaid petrol... is it worth it?

Why bother? DBS Esso Platinum 17% straight discount (no min spend like spc) plus can still get smiles points.

If pump at Caltex, SAFRA card + Credit Card petrol discount + Thanks! points is the combination to go for. Easily more than 15% discount. So I do not think the ANZ StarCash prepaid card is worthy deal.

Cheers

Doesn't sound like a good deal at all, the 15% is discount on buying the card. Cannot top up, can only use at Caltex and only for petrol. I'm better off getting the DBS visa prepaid card, can use anywhere that takes visa, can top up and I can use it at any petrol station i want lor. [laugh]

ANZ Caltex Star Cash Card. The stored value card has an expiry date. After this, all remaining cash value is forfeited. This is not widely known or is it mentioned during time of purchase. It only appears on fine print on a small slip of paper which is attached to the card at the end of a transaction (see pic). 

This practice is very different from other stored value transactions from other companies, where the cash value of the card is still refundable after the administrative expiry date of the card (if an expiry date is even applied in the first place). 

Just felt I needed to inform other users about this little known practice. 
#anz #anzbank #caltex #caltexsingapore #starcash #anzcaltexstarcash

post-122178-0-43530200-1445054225_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement