ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

Manjority companies here doesnt support the idea of working from home. Whether or not your job scope allow to work from home or not, or whether you have work to do at office or not, employers still like to see workers physically work in the office.

This mindset and lifestyle must change.

It's a better solution than just everyone every morning rush to work at the same time every single day.

People are getting tired and sick of this mad rush daily peak hours commute for decades.

This mindset and lifestyle must change.

It's a better solution than just everyone every morning rush to work at the same time every single day.

People are getting tired and sick of this mad rush daily peak hours commute for decades.

Dont think such mindset and lifestyle can change and will change. Meanwhile people still continue to suffer daily.

But i believe it's the right thing to do. Retain the core of staff with the proper work attitude and fire the deadwood.

Like all 'traditional' organisations, they probably have many deadwood staff. Good staff will have left long ago for better opportunities.

Will be painful to start with a brand new batch of staff and steep learning curve. But it is the only chance to change the culture. Of course to start with the right bunch of people the pay has got to be competitive and resources made available.

Uhm I actually meant PAP getting rid of deadwood like desmondo and cow...who are not performing..up to the mark.. [laugh]

new article... NUS Business Prof giving commentary... 

Commentary: Focus SMRT’s recovery on dealing with delays and disruptions decisively

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/commentary-focus-smrt-s-recovery-on-dealing-with-delays-and-9404200

consider the following extracts from this article... 

... In doing so, the management also needs to make a distinction between factors that are controllable in the short run versus those that can be fixed only in the long run. Ageing equipment can cause breakdowns but that equipment can be replaced or upgraded only in the medium term since the service has to keep operating, posing constraints on quick replacement.

... SMRT will do well to learn from the London tube system which also suffers several breakdowns but generally enjoys a perception of being high quality, possibly because of three ways in which authorities have tackled the problem: Redundancies in the system offer commuters alternative travel options, the number of disruptions has been declining, and commuters are also notified in advance and in real time if delays are expected.

Heard there is a crash in Joo Koon station just now.

Yeah, just received the pic on whatsapp too.

Yeah, just received the pic on whatsapp too.

What crash? Not train fault at Joo Koon station?

Still getting info from my friend in Whatsapp.

He says a train collided with a stationary train. No one dies but people fainted.

*Latest update: Both crashed train are in service.

Edited by DACH

True or not, I don't know. But I know it certainly won't be considered a crash la.

Might be termed a union of trains or something  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

He says a train collided with a stationary train. No one dies but people fainted.

waa... this is going to be big news... 

True or not, I don't know. But I know it certainly won't be considered a crash la.

Might be termed a union of trains or something [sweatdrop]

I'm not sure of the magnitude of the collision but it's an info from my friend in the police.

Haha you are right..SMRT used that tactic on the BPLRT collision..calling it something else instead.. -_-

Repeat double post sorry

Edited by Kyrios

*Latest update: Both crashed train are in service.

Lemmie think ... this one can be

1. software fault

2. brake pad fault

3. train in front hogging fault

4. fake news

[:p]

sounds like some trade union for SMRT employees, considering the current situation... haha...

↡ Advertisement