ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

(edited)

smrt and sbs is buying (already bought) a screw-up signalling system?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I see one of the comments I LoL...Maybe not enough air circulation going around.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/rush-hour-north-south-line-train-delays-due-to-signalling-checks-8903628

Why can't she take alternative transport at Chinese Garden station? What if the other direction suddenly got problem? She get stuck again. Maybe she will scream or cry or call 999 for help.

Maybe her mind only have one direction, can take MRT only. There are no other choices.

Pathetic or brain dead?

Supersonic

Maybe her mind only have one direction, can take MRT only. There are no other choices.

Pathetic or brain dead?

Perhaps people get too dependent and used to MRT liao, they dont know what are other choices?! Lol.

Supersonic

Perhaps people get too dependent and used to MRT liao, they dont know what are other choices?! Lol.

Zombies

Supersonic

Did the hopeless smrt said when they will stop the new signalling system testing? Now i scare will there be more delays on mrt tomorrow?  [sweatdrop]

Twincharged
(edited)

Something interesting..

See how this guy uses all the data he gathered to come to conclusion on what affect Tyre grip and what should we look out for in terms on Tyre.

Link this to smrt.. I strongly believe that they have all the data on the train fault, when it happened, where it happened, the duration, which train affected and etc.. Did they use these data effectively to pin point the problem or did they just assume the problem based on intellegent guess... Like the signal problem in circle line it seems like they based on intellegent guess that too many people using mobile phone in the train tunnel which end up is not correct..

This also linked to dsta engineers who effectively uses the data smrt have to find the root cause of signal problem.

So wooden sleeper is the problem, based on intellegent guess? Hmm..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Jam liao

c5McUfD.jpg

where got jam... this is proof smrt beating hong kong mtr's 30 sec gap....

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

The funny thing is remember the dsta engineer who come into the rescue to solve the circle line signaling problem. Before they dsta engineering come in, what did smrt said? Smrt said, the cause of the signaling problem seems to lie with too many people using handphone and jam the signal.(see when dsta engineer have data to worked on, they solved the circle line signaling problem)

to be fair there are many kinds of ppl/group/power play in smrt. People in the know said when the famous signal problem first appeared their men on the ground were looking at the right places, but was overruled by some senior folks who made it more complicated than necessary and turned it into the fiasco it was

Twincharged
(edited)

to be fair there are many kinds of ppl/group/power play in smrt. People in the know said when the famous signal problem first appeared their men on the ground were looking at the right places, but was overruled by some senior folks who made it more complicated than necessary and turned it into the fiasco it was

If that's the case then the said senior folks should be the out they go (red card) . It affects a lot of commuters and also expenses leh..

Edited by Yewheng

Hypersonic
Former Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew appointed Singapore's Ambassador to Japan

Someone has a sense of humour.

Send him to the land where the trains run like clock work.

Remind him of his time as Transport Minister.  [thumbsup] 

:D

• Praise 5

(edited)

Firstly, to test a system during peak hours, is incomprehensible because there is a higher chance of failure when compared to normal times. This would then lead to statistics of breakdowns on our MRT system. Not only statistic, but if truly there is a major fault that lead to hours of delay, we would have chaos. It defies logic. Unless, of course, it is a breakdown disguise as system testing.

Secondly, to test a system during peak hours, goes to show the mentality of the people in charge, the priority was NEVER about the traveling public.

Thirdly, should you want to do a system test knowing there is a chance of failure, otherwise why test if 100% sure it will not fail, at least to ease the pain of the traveling public, during the test period offer discounted fares or free MRT services for a few hours.

At this rate, I wont be surprise if the authorities are already thinking of building a system like our ERP system for cars on our MRT, that is, busy lines or between station, the fares are increased to ensure smooth human traffic flow.

Something is out of sync. Authorities threatened car-lite but they are making the traveling public even lighter (sweat more and financially poorer - need to walk more or take taxi). Traveling public who depended on public transport especially those with time sensitive jobs would be literally be screwed by our MRT system. Have you even wondered why HK does a better job than Singapore because they spent a considerable amount of money more than Singapore on replacement and maintenance. Despite being so close to China, most of their spare parts are bought from Europe or Japan. It is not as if Singapore MRT system was just 1 or 2 years old.

I find it strange that the public gets punish both ways. When lifts in HDB keeps breaking down, the HDB blame the manufacturer but it is HDB who determine the schedule of maintenance and hence the price of the maintenance services. In addition, they mentioned, HDB will be spending extra $50mil on lift maintenance in the next few years to ensure lifts work properly. Why they need to spend extra money on lift maintenance if past and current maintenance service meets international stand. A lot of wastage and often penny wise but pound foolish.

We need more people on the ground to know what is really happening.

Edited by Still2016
  • Praise 14

Twincharged
(edited)

Firstly, to test a system during peak hours, is incomprehensible because there is a higher chance of failure when compared to normal times. This would then lead to statistics of breakdowns on our MRT system. Not only statistic, but if truly there is a major fault that lead to hours of delay, we would have chaos. It defies logic. Unless, of course, it is a breakdown disguise as system testing.

Secondly, to test a system during peak hours, goes to show the mentality of the people in charge, the priority was NEVER about the traveling public.

Thirdly, should you want to do a system test knowing there is a chance of failure, otherwise why test if 100% sure it will not fail, at least to ease the pain of the traveling public, during the test period offer discounted fares or free MRT services for a few hours.

At this rate, I wont be surprise if the authorities are already thinking of building a system like our ERP system for cars on our MRT, that is, busy lines or between station, the fares are increased to ensure smooth human traffic flow.

Something is out of sync. Authorities threatened car-lite but they are making the traveling public even lighter (sweat more and financially poorer - need to walk more or take taxi). Traveling public who depended on public transport especially those with time sensitive jobs would be literally be screwed by our MRT system. Have you even wondered why HK does a better job than Singapore because they spent a considerable amount of money more than Singapore on replacement and maintenance. Despite being so close to China, most of their spare parts are bought from Europe or Japan. It is not as if Singapore MRT system was just 1 or 2 years old.

I find it strange that the public gets punish both ways. When lifts in HDB keeps breaking down, the HDB blame the manufacturer but it is HDB who determine the schedule of maintenance and hence the price of the maintenance services. In addition, they mentioned, HDB will be spending extra $50mil on lift maintenance in the next few years to ensure lifts work properly. Why they need to spend extra money on lift maintenance if past and current maintenance service meets international stand. A lot of wastage and often penny wise but pound foolish.

We need more people on the ground to know what is really happening.

​Actually, this is lack of engineering.. Surely computer models would be able to simulate on the signalling system and how it affects on peak hour train traffic. Lucky they are not testing some new components on aeroplane, imagine putting some new component and test out for flying on aeroplane, and it come out not so smooth and the new component could be the one that cause the air crash. 

​The theory works the same way, with advancement in technology, I could only see that if it is well engineered, computer simulations would had detect the problems with the new signalling systems during peak hours and they will have to go back to drawing board to change how the signalling works or etc to make it work. Do they have computer simulations on the new signalling system in the 1st place? If no, they are just taking trial and error, and this trial and error prove very costly and cause inconvenience to passengers. 

​Computer can simulate the train travelling pattern right? Computer can simulate peak hour train traffic right? Then when bottleneck happened, computer may even analyse what cause the bottleneck, is it the new signalling system or is it other thing else. 

​Don't tell me that this kind of simulation can only test out in real time and computer simulations cannot do it. With today technology, It is rubbish excuse man. Like when engineers design cars, they also use computer simulations to do design and of coz with other thing else like wind tunnel testing and then once the prototype car is out , they will be test driven in the track and to validate the car, whether it performs what the computer calculates it to be working. The engineers cant be designing cars without computer simulations and then test out in track driving in high speed. It can be very dangerous as the car may not be well designed and have a lot of balance issues, chassis issue and etc. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

I understand now.

So the new term is "testing of system" instead of the traditional "train breakdown".

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Wah. All talk so much and give such high level solutions.

Someone please help me instead. How do I get back from mbfc to woodlands this evening if I want to avoid the train. Cheaply please.

Twincharged

Someone please help me instead. How do I get back from mbfc to woodlands this evening if I want to avoid the train. Cheaply please.

Grab hitch.. Haha

Walk over to MBS, pay $100 and win $1 million.  You can charter a limo to bring you back to woodlands.  :XD:

↡ Advertisement