• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
174 replies to this topic | 39 praises

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ahrex
  • Premium member
    Ahrex
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, i have received a letter from LTA to go for car inspection before my road tax expires in April. May I know wat do they inspect and how much it will cost? i have juz gotton my car for a few mths and i did not go for any Vicom/STA/AA inspection when i bought it. Is this inspection the same as that? any ideas how much it would cost? my fren told me $60++ only.. anything i should do 1st? appreciate ur replies!! thanks in advance!!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

ya 60++. if u no mod exhaust, white bulb, turbo, GT wing then no need worry.
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Make sure your solar film, number plate are up to standard.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Ahrex
  • Premium member
    Ahrex
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

my everything is stock stock one.. i neva add in anything.. my solar film got like dun have liddat.. haha..

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Make sure your solar film, number plate are up to standard.

oh yeah nod.gif

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my everything is stock stock one.. i neva add in anything.. my solar film got like dun have liddat.. haha..

then jus go and pay $$$$ nia laugh.gif

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That's right.

If stock original, just drive in to inspection centre.

No need for svc or pay specials for those pre-inspection svc.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Odessus
  • Premium member
    Odessus
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Anyway if fail inspection just go rectify can already. No additional inspection costs.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Bros, how old was your ride ?
LTA will send the Inspection Notice to you 2 months in advance before your Road Tax expiry & you'll be receiving the other 3 Test Centre's Notice of Inspection too.

As per LTA rules, all motor-cars (below 10 yrs from initial registration) , inspection is an mandatory requirement at 3 yrs, 5 yrs, 7 yrs * 9 yrs prior to renewal of Road Tax.

For above 10 yrs will be annually.

For goods vehicles were yearly inspection basis cum black smoke checking too. (Above 10 yrs will be bi-yearly basis)

If 1st Inspection (Can do it at "Vicom" Sin Ming Rd or Changi North St 1, "STA" Sin Ming Rd or Jln Boon Lay, "JIS" Ang Mo Kio St 65 or Pioneer Rd) costs ws S$ 56 + 7% GST = S$ 62.05 and no free retest if failed. (Retest nominal fees)

Tests incude:-
- check engine nos & chassis nos
- check for an illegal mods such as non standard no plates, exhaust pipe, mod of engine, illegal installation of HID lights, under-carraige LED lights, engine bay LED lights, Day Runnig Lights (DRL), in cabin LED lights, illeal mod of DVD players etc
- check lightings (all lights include hazard lights, headlights, side marker lights, rear no plate lights, brake lights & 3rd brake lights & reverse lights.
- exhaust CO content
- side slip test
- under-carriage ball joints & drive shaft wear & tear checks
- hand-brake & front & rear wheels brake tests.

Upon you passed of Inspection, you'll receive the Inspeciton Test Certifcate at the end of Test Station & can then process to their Rooad Tax & Insurance Cashier Counter for renewal of your next 6 months Road Tax along with your valid Insurance Test Certicate & this Inspection Certificate.

If you want to pay for one full year Road Tax in order to save the hassle, you can also extend your Motor Insurance with their Insurance Officer inline with your new Road Tax expiry date. (Payment of Road tax can be ararnge via "Diners Card" with interest free of 3 to max of 6 months instalment & if you're with "Chartis" Insurance, can pay up to 12 months interest free instalment)

Edited by Jefkking, 23 February 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ahrex
  • Premium member
    Ahrex
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thanks for the info bro.. my ride is coming to 7 years liao.. my cabin lid is led one.. need to change ar? n i need to renew road tax after inspection? can i do it on a later date id passed? my insurance bought in oct(when i bought my car) n i think its for 1 year leh.. liddat how ar? any difference?

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Tankk1173
  • Premium member
    Tankk1173
    Clutched
    Author Image

Anyway if fail inspection just go rectify can already. No additional inspection costs.

Bro, why no additional cost? If need to reinspect then must pay $30++!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro, why no additional cost? If need to reinspect then must pay $30++!

same day free.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yes, you can renew your road tax before your current road tax expiry date due BUT you must have your Insurance extended in-line with the validity of the new 6 months road tax epxiry date as your current Insurane wll not have suffficient coverage for new road tax renewal (Min of 6 months renewal for road tax is required)

Edited by Jefkking, 26 February 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Briansoh
  • Briansoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

They dont care about inside cabin LED lah. Only those exterior one then they bother. Inside got nothing to do with safety of other road users.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

Ahrex
  • Premium member
    Ahrex
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thanks all bros for ur answers.. how long does it take for vicom to inspect if i go in early morning?

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hotamp
  • Hotamp
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thanks all bros for ur answers.. how long does it take for vicom to inspect if i go in early morning?

if not many people queuing ....just abt 30 min and you can finish everything leow.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Last time 2nd inspection is free . Now need to pay $29 + GST liao , gian lui liao !

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

I heard inspection centers in ulu places have shorter queue. Eg one in jurong/tuas, one in AMK near Motorola, one in Yishun. Not sure if they still operate nowadays?
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yup, no more 2nd time reinspection free even though on same day liao. At least that is what I learnt when sent in my ride for inspection at Viacom.

Safe ride

Cheers

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Nhrisuzu
  • Premium member
    Nhrisuzu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yup, no more 2nd time reinspection free even though on same day liao. At least that is what I learnt when sent in my ride for inspection at Viacom.

Safe ride

Cheers

the last i went inspection at July 2011, reinspection for window tint was free.. smile.gif

just bring the paper go find the inspector, he take meter measure.. and off i go with the cert..
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
In Loving Memory: 16.06.1952 - 11.12.2006
** i am NHR ISUZU.. call me NHR or ZU **

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: car, inspection, car inspection and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users