Car Inspection

Ahrex

Supercharged

Ty usually open bonnet to chk engine n chassis no. n also to see if anything is there thats not supposed to b there. Hahaha [laugh]

If the inspector never open bonnet, hes just too damm lazy. [sleeping]

Really, I've been to so many inspections and the inspector never once wanted to open my bonnet to see. <_<

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Which point isn't right mind to tell me?

Bro, if you think it was right, then why you need to change it before going for an inspection?

Really, I've been to so many inspections and the inspector never once wanted to open my bonnet to see. <_<

Ty supposed to chk yr engine n chassis number in case u change engine or u send another car fr inspection cos the actual car cannot pass.

Since ty never even open bonnet, I guess where u go is damm easy to pass lor. [rolleyes]

Anyway nowadays I notice most of the inspectors standard damm low. Last time more professional.

Now ty like junior clerk only. Ty just key in simple input to the station computer n the pass or fail readout is done by computer.

Only the undercarriage check ty need to actually chk if theres any problem.

I guess the inspection is also just a gimmick fr show n fr them to make money.

Without the right salary remuneration, it's hard to attract professional mech to joint as vehicle inspectors. When vehicle inspection first started in 1982, most of the inspectors were full pledge trained mech and with many yrs of working experience.They do go about doing their daily vehicle inspection work with much pride and joy - base on my observations as a automotive equipment seller ( at that time ) and as a friend of many vehicle inspectors.

Without the right salary remuneration, it's hard to attract professional mech to joint as vehicle inspectors. When vehicle inspection first started in 1982, most of the inspectors were full pledge trained mech and with many yrs of working experience.They do go about doing their daily vehicle inspection work with much pride and joy - base on my observations as a automotive equipment seller ( at that time ) and as a friend of many vehicle inspectors.

Yes last time I also see the inspectors much better. [scholar]

Now I see many like clowns. [dizzy]

wah. you change new cars every 3 years for the past 15 years?

anyway, i passed with aftermarket LED tail light. Reverse light also LED. installed by previous owner.

I just passed my inspection. Procedure quite straight forward.

I observed the inspector/mechanic attended to my car did not know where to find the chassis serial no.

He was looking all over the bonnet.

Turbocharged

wah. you change new cars every 3 years for the past 15 years?

anyway, i passed with aftermarket LED tail light. Reverse light also LED. installed by previous owner.

A lot of aftermarket tail light will pass without issue as long as the tail light has the red colour housing, doesn't matter LED or halogen. But if the taillight is transparent or totally black, then I not sure. The only vehicle with stock totally-transparent tail light is the Lexus RX300/350 or Harrier.

I am not sure about present inspectors work attitude as I have not been visiting test centres for more than 15yrs.

I hv been going since inspections first started n I feel the present inspectors, most r idiots.

Hahaha. [laugh]

Not really technically trained. Ty just key in vehicle no. n other simple data into the computer only. The only station where ty need some skills wil b the undercarriage inspection bay. The other stations all the work is done by the computers.

I just passed my inspection. Procedure quite straight forward.

I observed the inspector/mechanic attended to my car did not know where to find the chassis serial no.

He was looking all over the bonnet.

U sud hv told him its in the boot.

Hahaha. [laugh]

A lot of aftermarket tail light will pass without issue as long as the tail light has the red colour housing, doesn't matter LED or halogen. But if the taillight is transparent or totally black, then I not sure. The only vehicle with stock totally-transparent tail light is the Lexus RX300/350 or Harrier.

There r many cars with transparent rear n front turn signal lights too. Ty use orange bulbs.

Some hv transparent brake lights too. Ty need to use red bulbs.

Guys, my car inspection is due too....

My only concern is my hid light. I bought the 2nd hand car and it comes with it already, dealer told me its original but not sure how true, but I have seen my car model with hid lights as well on the road...

What do you guys think? Can go send in for check with the hid?

What is your car model and engine CC?

Then most likely the HID is not stock, and better to change it before going for inspection.

If in further doubt, check with your model's AD or the owner's manual.

Might be due to lower and higher spec models...

Aiyah just distract him with some nice kueh n a pkt of coffee. He smell the food sure forgot to chk everything also. [laugh]

Hahahah. Sounds beri good. And that might make him more alert. Which might in fact kill me [bigcry]

Hahahah. Sounds beri good. And that might make him more alert. Which might in fact kill me [bigcry]

No lah. Now those clowns small food n drink wil b concentrating on the food n drinks only. Their eyes wan to see engine n chassis number but their eyes keep pulling them to look at u instead. Hahaha. [laugh]