• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
101 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Jujitsuka
  • Premium member
    Jujitsuka
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any bros using West Lake Tyres? Care to share any exp with regards to them?

Those who are interested to work in the leading steel fabrication manufacturer in Singapore and around the region, kindly drop me a PM. Thanks!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

China brand? Never heard of this brand

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

its not experience but hearsay and what i saw

usually see these tyres on commercial vehicles but not passenger cars

hearsay is that tyres absolutely no grip at all.

guess what u pay is what you get

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hussaini20
  • Premium member
    Hussaini20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Any bros using West Lake Tyres? Care to share any exp with regards to them?

Not bad, I've used them before for abt 20k plus, good reasonable grip in the wet and dry too.. Would continue to use them longer if not for the nails galore at my workplace.. The one i had was the sv308.. Rather reasonable price for UHP MIC tires.. Got them at $80 or $85 per piece for 16". That time also fresher ones around early 2011..

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hussaini20
  • Premium member
    Hussaini20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

But of course, if you have slightly more budget, go for the ku31.. As for me, my bnb car is not a performance car, I'm happy with whatever new tyres as long as they're cheap. Unlike my colleagues, buy expensive tyres but use until botak with no sign of thread and summore still say my one re001 okz...

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Sei_fei_loh
  • Premium member
    Sei_fei_loh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Used for a while before car sold but i wont go bck to them again even though very well priced....

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

MacDuck
  • MacDuck
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Do a search on Google.

This brand of China tires was recalled due to thread separation in USA.
... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ...

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My friend has been using his Westlake tyres with no complaints for the past 3 yrs.

Transcab fleet of taxis use them too.

It makes sense to get these value for money tyres and change them more frequently before they go completely bald. Fresh tyres always perform better.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ku31 is only slightly more expensive but much more reliable. Why bother dunno what west lake?

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

If taxi is using it, and travels on the road without issues.
Then it must be a acceptable tyre.

Why need super high end tires...when the driver never exceed 120km/hr or eBrake daily.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

there use to be a west lake secondary school along braddel road.... laugh.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

there use to be a west lake secondary school along braddel road.... laugh.gif

And they are biggrin.gif famous for their 扣肉包 (Kong Bah Pau)

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

even it is cheaper a few hundred for 4 tires...is it worth risking your life?

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hussaini20
  • Premium member
    Hussaini20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My friend has been using his Westlake tyres with no complaints for the past 3 yrs.

It makes sense to get these value for money tyres and change them more frequently before they go completely bald. Fresh tyres always perform better.

Couldn't agree more bro.. Fresh tyres are the best..

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hussaini20
  • Premium member
    Hussaini20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Couldn't agree more bro.. Fresh tyres are the best..

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Good-Carbuyer

Do a search on Google.

This brand of China tires was recalled due to thread separation in USA.

Speed limitation issue?

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

MacDuck
  • MacDuck
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Speed limitation issue?

http://www.cbsnews.c...in3152147.shtml

A tire importer said Thursday it would recall 255,000 Chinese-made tires it claims are defective because they lack a safety feature that prevents tread separation.

The recall applies to Westlake, Compass and YKS brand tires in these sizes and models:

Size LT235/75R-15, models CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT5FTS.

Size LT235/85R-16, models CR860, CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT2FTS.

Size LT245/75R-16, models CR860, CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT3FTS.

Size LT265/75R-16, models CR860, CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT4FTS.

Size LT31X10.5 R-15, models CR857 and CR861, with a DOT number beginning 7DT6FTS.

Although Foreign Tire Sales did not make the tires, it is responsible for the recall, under U.S. law.

NHTSA ordered the recall after Foreign Tire Sales told the agency that some of Hangzhou Zhongce's tires were made without a safety feature, called a gum strip, that helps bind the belts of a tire to each other. Some of the tires had a gum strip about half the width of the 0.6 millimeter gum strip Foreign Tire Sales expected, the importer said.

It said it contracted for Hangzhou Zhongce to provide gum strips, but the manufacturer changed the design without informing Foreign Tire Sales.

Edited by MacDuck, 24 February 2012 - 03:11 PM.

... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ...

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Good-Carbuyer
I believe omitting the gum speed effectively lowered the speed limitation for the tire against delamination/carcass failure. I can believe the usual travelling trip distances means faster average speed there, against our regular traffic jams traffic which helps sustained the taxi tire here. So lucky, the tire involved were for commercial/SUV only, a small portion among the consumers.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Personally I feel that if one cannot afford to change Korean tyres on a regular basis, he she shouldn't even drive

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i only know west lake kong bak bao !!!!

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: West, Lake, tires

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users