West Lake tires?

Jujitsuka

its not experience but hearsay and what i saw

usually see these tyres on commercial vehicles but not passenger cars

hearsay is that tyres absolutely no grip at all.

guess what u pay is what you get

Any bros using West Lake Tyres? Care to share any exp with regards to them?

Not bad, I've used them before for abt 20k plus, good reasonable grip in the wet and dry too.. Would continue to use them longer if not for the nails galore at my workplace.. The one i had was the sv308.. Rather reasonable price for UHP MIC tires.. Got them at $80 or $85 per piece for 16". That time also fresher ones around early 2011..

But of course, if you have slightly more budget, go for the ku31.. As for me, my bnb car is not a performance car, I'm happy with whatever new tyres as long as they're cheap. Unlike my colleagues, buy expensive tyres but use until botak with no sign of thread and summore still say my one re001 okz...

My friend has been using his Westlake tyres with no complaints for the past 3 yrs.

Transcab fleet of taxis use them too.

It makes sense to get these value for money tyres and change them more frequently before they go completely bald. Fresh tyres always perform better.

If taxi is using it, and travels on the road without issues.

Then it must be a acceptable tyre.

Why need super high end tires...when the driver never exceed 120km/hr or eBrake daily.

My friend has been using his Westlake tyres with no complaints for the past 3 yrs.

It makes sense to get these value for money tyres and change them more frequently before they go completely bald. Fresh tyres always perform better.

Couldn't agree more bro.. Fresh tyres are the best..

Couldn't agree more bro.. Fresh tyres are the best..

Speed limitation issue?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/09/...in3152147.shtml

A tire importer said Thursday it would recall 255,000 Chinese-made tires it claims are defective because they lack a safety feature that prevents tread separation.

The recall applies to Westlake, Compass and YKS brand tires in these sizes and models:

Edited by MacDuck

I believe omitting the gum speed effectively lowered the speed limitation for the tire against delamination/carcass failure. I can believe the usual travelling trip distances means faster average speed there, against our regular traffic jams traffic which helps sustained the taxi tire here. So lucky, the tire involved were for commercial/SUV only, a small portion among the consumers.

↡ Advertisement