West Lake tires?

Jujitsuka

Noise level is subjective and it depends on car, condition and wear. Rule of thumb for choosing quiet tyres is to look for less aggressive thread pattern, the SV308 is quite aggressive. Also, the SV308 is single directional vs your A2 that is bidirectional. Bidirectional types can be cross rotated, while single directional ones can only be rotated front to back if they are not staggered. Westlake has an SA07 that has less aggressive thread pattern and may be bidirectional but I am not sure. Just try it, if you do not like it you can always go back to A2. At least you tried and know that it does not work for you - Status Quo = Being Left Behind.

Thanks for the feedback. have been thinking lately..

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes. I was using SV308 for 2.5 years. the thread wear is amazingly slow. In fact, at 2.5 years, it still had a about 20-30% or thread remaining.

Yes. I was using SV308 for 2.5 years. the thread wear is amazingly slow. In fact, at 2.5 years, it still had a about 20-30% or thread remaining.

the tyre so cheap... Go change out for fresh sets..

I don't and wont sting on tyres whcih is only 4 contacts on

the road. after paying so much on the car why save money

on tyres.

good and premium tyres are not there just to show off or pass your vehicle inspection.

It makes sure our journey is SAFE (not just how fast we drive and HOW soon it STOP when you cant control others)

I don't and wont sting on tyres whcih is only 4 contacts on

the road. after paying so much on the car why save money

on tyres.

good and premium tyres are not there just to show off or pass your vehicle inspection.

It makes sure our journey is SAFE (not just how fast we drive and HOW soon it STOP when you cant control others)

I do agree to the fact that we should never compromise on safety and that relates to the point of driving with bald tyres vs changing to new ones. Changing to cheaper tyres is more of a choie that is like buying a BMW vs getting a Chery. Driving a Chery is not more dangerous than driving a BMW, it is just a choice where you like to spend more money on the car or something else. I tried the Westlake SV308 a few years ago and felt it was ok, now I am back to Pirelli pZero (because the staggered size was not available in other brands) and can't really feel the mark difference in performance. Maybe I am just one of those sedated drivers, so my point on tyre performance could be different from yours.

hmm...I think it depends on the drivers' budget...I have a lot of ppl going for Westkale cos it is cheap n have reasonable lifespan.....but of course, you dun expect zero noise level....but so far, a lot of ppl r quite okie with it....but of course, if one has a the budget. go for Bridgestone/Goodyear etc....

hmm...I think it depends on the drivers' budget...I have a lot of ppl going for Westkale cos it is cheap n have reasonable lifespan.....but of course, you dun expect zero noise level....but so far, a lot of ppl r quite okie with it....but of course, if one has a the budget. go for Bridgestone/Goodyear etc....

Sorry I am not an economist but your comments have mixed up affordability (or budget) and choice. Budget or affordability is like can I afford to buy a condo or private house, here we are talking about tyres just like buying a leather vs fabric couch - choice and preference. People who can afford a car in Singapore, has enough budget to get any tyres. They merely choose a cheaper tyre because they do not want to spend a lot on tyres. Being a tyre dealer you should know that the margins are better for branded tyres and that will also influence what you choose to promote - that is also a choice. I stand to be corrected but again I am a scientist by training and I am no racer.

Sorry I am not an economist but your comments have mixed up affordability (or budget) and choice. Budget or affordability is like can I afford to buy a condo or private house, here we are talking about tyres just like buying a leather vs fabric couch - choice and preference. People who can afford a car in Singapore, has enough budget to get any tyres. They merely choose a cheaper tyre because they do not want to spend a lot on tyres. Being a tyre dealer you should know that the margins are better for branded tyres and that will also influence what you choose to promote - that is also a choice. I stand to be corrected but again I am a scientist by training and I am no racer.

haha...no worries...I agreed with you..perhaps it is more of my phrasing :) customers' needs always come first, so I will usually advise according to client's needs. :) margins are not taken into consideration for myself...but of course, it cannot be said for all dealers. To me, client satisfaction ranks the most. It is pointless to promote something ex n may not be what client wants. That is also e reason y the range of tyres r posted in the website for client to research n check out etc :) To me, a satisfied client is more valuable than a transaction.

scientist by training? that is something pretty cool! I m lousy with all the formula n such.....

• Praise 1

I am on SA07 (245/40/18). Bi-directional (option to swap inside to outside). Run 20,000 km (with wider than spec camber) and expect another 20,000km more. Very good grip (dry & wet) and quiet. Reasonably priced tyres.

Not bad, I've used them before for abt 20k plus, good reasonable grip in the wet and dry too.. Would continue to use them longer if not for the nails galore at my workplace.. The one i had was the sv308.. Rather reasonable price for UHP MIC tires.. Got them at $80 or $85 per piece for 16". That time also fresher ones around early 2011..

Where u got ur Westlake tyre bro?

Where u got ur Westlake tyre bro?

You know you can get better Korean brand at around the same price? Unless the tyre is selling at 50% cheaper.

Anyway, caveat emptor!