Subaru 1.6 and Ford Focus 1.6

Colin03

subaru 1.6 is underpower due to its weight but being the fact that it is a 4wd, it handles better

Focus 1.6 you might want to check out the depreciation which is relatively high compared to other 1.6s for the first couple of yrs

other 1.6 you could consider would be kia cerato forte, hyundai elantra, suzuki sx4

C'mon...every car makes also requires lot of attention and maintenance. [:/]

I have a friend who gave up his Focus for Civic in 2006 and not heard him complaining about his Civic like he did about his former ride.

Subaru? Even though I have never driven a 1.6 before but through owning a Legacy, I feel that my wife's 523 is easier to maintain.

thanks everyone - will look-out and review you guys recommendation.

How about Skoda ?

Trust VW's problematic DSG?

AVOID!!! Or regret ...

any advise on a decent 1.6 and below car for daily use ?

Some good, new 1.6L cars you can consider:

- Mercedes Benz C180 Kompressor

- BMW 116i

Neutral Newbie

I drive a focus 1.4 2006. I'm not sure if you're asking about a used or new car.

Anyhow, I am only in position to comment on a used focus. So far it's been great. Maintenance is the usual. Not much surprises. Really depends on what you looking for in a 1.6. I like the handling. Have to agree that it's somewhat underpowered. But there are some tweaks that can be done.

Otherwise, the stock form is a good drive. Just like any used car, depends on your luck. Do your usual pre-purchase checks and inspections.

Both are slow cars that require alot of attention on maintainence.

are you sure ? cannot speak for the subaru but

Please go to the ford forums or even do a search on here.

Just changed my mk1 focus after 7 years. Other than the regular 10k maintainence and wear+tear parts, battery, etc, never broke down on me. superb handling, very fun car to drive. A bit underpowered and FC is a bit high, but no problem on singapore roads. Once you start cruising it is a very willing car, can overtake other cars no problem.

Changed to the new 2012 focus. Not as fun car to drive as steering is now electric not hydralic. FC much better, and loaded with lots of goodies. Smoother and more comfortable, more spacious too. boot opening quite narrow though. A very value for money car, especially since it is made in germany

↡ Advertisement