Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Bossman
  • Bossman
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, I have a year 2003 Mazda 6 which I am planning to scrap. I understand that I can fetch a higher price selling it to a dealer than scrapping it at a scrap yard. I would like to know what is usual process of selling my to a dealer ? One of the dealer that I have contacted says he plan to export the car. What is the process then ? Do I transfer the car ownership to him and he pays me cash ?

Pls advice . Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If you intend to sell to dealer, then it's your Paper Value + certain amount for the body value of your ride & that depends on your ride's mileage. (As there's rule for certain mileage export vary from country to country & that depends on which car models in high / low demand)

Check a few dealers for your ride's body values and also log into ww.onemotoring.com.sg (For your Paper Value)
then search for de-registration and punch in your ride's full registration nos & intend to scrap date & this known as Paper Value if scrap of specific date. (Eg: if scrap on the said schedule was S$ 20K then if dealer take-in the body value at S$ 5K then you can get total of S$ 25K from the dealer of which you intend to sell to -- no admin fees or any other fees incurr and take your S$ 25K along with the Sales Agreement & that's all. Any more question ?

Edited by Jefkking, 26 February 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Bossman
  • Bossman
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,
thanks for the advice. The car is still under financing. Do I transfer ownership to the dealer and he will settle with my finance company ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Trafficwatch
  • Trafficwatch
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

If you sell to dealer, then they take care f the rest & repay you the balance via cheque.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

genesis22
  • genesis22
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi everyone, 

i am going to sell my car to a second hand dealer. However i have no sense of his background (found the co randomly - Carchope) 

besides asking for cashier order, what else should i do re my road tax and insurance (which is already paid till next year)? 

Also, do i demand to see that the dealer has insurance covered on my car before he drives it off? (so that i dont get his traffic fines or any accident caused by him)

Appreciate any advice. thanks!

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

He should come with a hand over/take over form to be signed by both sides.  Date and time of handing over is clearly stated, after which not your problem.  Make sure you get your cash (best) or cashier order on the spot.  Whether you dereg intermediately or not depends on the deal you agree to.  Insurance can be cancelled straightaway too.

Pocy praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Selling, car, dealer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users