Selling a car to dealer.

Bossman

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I have a year 2003 Mazda 6 which I am planning to scrap. I understand that I can fetch a higher price selling it to a dealer than scrapping it at a scrap yard. I would like to know what is usual process of selling my to a dealer ? One of the dealer that I have contacted says he plan to export the car. What is the process then ? Do I transfer the car ownership to him and he pays me cash ?

Pls advice . Thanks

↡ Advertisement

If you intend to sell to dealer, then it's your Paper Value + certain amount for the body value of your ride & that depends on your ride's mileage. (As there's rule for certain mileage export vary from country to country & that depends on which car models in high / low demand)

Check a few dealers for your ride's body values and also log into ww.onemotoring.com.sg (For your Paper Value)

then search for de-registration and punch in your ride's full registration nos & intend to scrap date & this known as Paper Value if scrap of specific date. (Eg: if scrap on the said schedule was S$ 20K then if dealer take-in the body value at S$ 5K then you can get total of S$ 25K from the dealer of which you intend to sell to -- no admin fees or any other fees incurr and take your S$ 25K along with the Sales Agreement & that's all. Any more question ?

Edited by Jefkking

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

thanks for the advice. The car is still under financing. Do I transfer ownership to the dealer and he will settle with my finance company ?

Hi everyone, 

i am going to sell my car to a second hand dealer. However i have no sense of his background (found the co randomly - Carchope) 

besides asking for cashier order, what else should i do re my road tax and insurance (which is already paid till next year)? 

Also, do i demand to see that the dealer has insurance covered on my car before he drives it off? (so that i dont get his traffic fines or any accident caused by him)

Appreciate any advice. thanks!

He should come with a hand over/take over form to be signed by both sides.  Date and time of handing over is clearly stated, after which not your problem.  Make sure you get your cash (best) or cashier order on the spot.  Whether you dereg intermediately or not depends on the deal you agree to.  Insurance can be cancelled straightaway too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1