New or 2nd tyres

M323

Neutral Newbie

scrapping my car on nov next year, but the tyres are wearing off now, thought of changing into Kumho KU31 or get 2nd hand better tyres, any advices and recommendation?

running 195/55/15. thanks

↡ Advertisement

scrapping my car on nov next year, but the tyres are wearing off now, thought of changing into Kumho KU31 or get 2nd hand better tyres, any advices and recommendation?

Nov next year is >1.5years away. If I were you I will get a set of new tyres.

Never compomise on tyres, the only contact with the ground. I'll get new. Should be able to get $400 for 4 pcs for this size, will be cheaper if go Korean brands. If 2nd hand "branded" tyres is like take off from new car or 99% brand new, then can consider. Usually, can get a good bargain. My friend got used GY F1 Assymetric 245/35/R19 for $150 per pc from a tyre shop. If brand new around $300 to $400, it's 90% new coz owner decide to trade-in rim/tyres after 1 to 2 months.

Edited by Amazon777

anyone tried buying from tyrepac? they quote $73 per pc

got hidden cost hor.............installation is like $15 or $30 a pcs..............check and see properly.............they supply only..........installation you need to chose a workshop and pay installation fee to the WS.............

[thumbsup]

2nd hand tires dangerous as u dunno the history...

1.5 yrs is too far ( can even produce a baby [blush] ) / dun compromise on safety bro..... [;)]

oh please... how much can you save from buying 2nd hand tyres???

Neutral Newbie

oh please... how much can you save from buying 2nd hand tyres???

if condition good, made from japan, price cheap, why not?

Your car only scrap next year nov, still a long way. Better to get a new sets of tyre but maybe no need to get to expensive lo.

if condition good, made from japan, price cheap, why not?

The thing is that you will never be sure how good is the condition is? how?? by your naked eyes, you can tell if the tyres are good??

i give you a breakdown of cost. Like say, you can save $50 per tyre, that's $200 for 4 tyres. 1.5 years has 550 days.

you take $200 divide by 550 days, thats 36 cents per day..... i ask you; "is it worth to save this 36 cents, on your life and safety?"

your life and car only worth 36 cents per day? you drink one kopi, already cost how much?

Some of us have actually seen how ws re-do the tyres.... they actually used a cutter and cut the threads on an used tyre and re-sell them as 2nd hand tyres...... so u tell me if they are safe to use?

I have seen it by myself in SG ws, not JB ws hor........

↡ Advertisement