Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
562 replies to this topic | 1,673 praises

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://motoring.asia...228-330623.html

Motoring AsiaOne

'Some years' before new satellite-based ERP is ready: Minister

Tests are still ongoing and if the system is found to be technically feasible, there are still some years to go before launch. -AsiaOne

Tue, Feb 28, 2012
AsiaOne

The development of the new satellite-tracked Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) system is still in its "early stages", Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo said in response to questions in Parliament on Tuesday.

Tests are still ongoing to make sure that the system is technically feasible and reliable in a built-up city like Singapore, she said.

And if the system is technically feasible, it is still "some years" before the system is ready to be launched and implemented, Mrs Teo added.

Satellite signals may bounce off tall buildings in built-up areas like Singapore, resulting in patchy accuracy, earlier reports said.

When the technology is proven, the Government will then study how to use the new system to influence motorists' usage of vehicles.

A tender for the project was awarded to four parties last year to conduct a system evaluation test for the next-generation ERP system.

According to The Straits Times, the four are Kapsch TrafficCom; MHI Engine System Asia & NCS; ST Electronics (Info-Comm Systems) & IBM Singapore; and Watchdata Technologies & Beijing Watchdata System.

Each party will receive $1 million in seed funding "to design, develop and demonstrate technological solutions".

The new system may charge motorists according to where they go and how much distances they clock.

tonyng.com.sg

Edited by Billcoke, 28 February 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

knn....your wife will know where you go by looking at the monthly ERP bill...siao liao

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Minister said "Some years' before new satellite-based ERP is ready" , but you put the title as "New new satellite-based ERP is ready" Talk about selective quoting....

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

hahaha....ultimate goal is to tax more money...really a pay and pay government....66% happy liao
we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i see if there are any GPS jamming devices or not...
we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Curahee
  • Curahee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hope the COE will drop by then. Fair and square for everyone, the more u drive, the more u pay

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Really cannot understand, the $$ they got from ERP, road tax, COE, import tax still not enought for their greed? Die die got to suck us dry. sad.gif

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i see if there are any GPS jamming devices or not...

Just cover the receiver.. the receiver cannot see the satellite.. lipsrsealed.gif

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

so how? road tax abolished? I'm ok cos my car always keep in carpark

GPS jammer got many but must see how they circumvent. Will they tag you once ur engine starts up? or linkup with those ERP devices that catch OPC cars? How to calculate if ur car underground or in tunnels?

Edited by Mockngbrd, 28 February 2012 - 03:37 PM.

Garage36.com

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

they are sheperding us to take the Masih Rosak Transport! Ultimate win win for them! bigcry.gif bigcry.gif
Together We stand Alone

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hope the COE will drop by then. Fair and square for everyone, the more u drive, the more u pay

COE is to control population, ERP is to control usage. So i think should be ERP drop bah. COE will drop only when ppl start to give up driving and force to take public.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

GPS jammer got many but must see how they circumvent. Will they tag you once ur engine starts up? or linkup with those ERP devices that catch OPC cars? How to calculate if ur car underground or in tunnels?

This is a million dollar question, i am sure the scholars will come out with clever ideas to tax u.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

just drive up the business cost, next time take MRT/Bus to meet customer do delivery. Bus fares and taxi fares another chance to increase

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

GPS ERP is a looooooong way off... LTA fellas are too optimistic

Edited by Mkl22, 28 February 2012 - 03:43 PM.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Curahee
  • Curahee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Rd tax will scrap. This is what im told abt 5 yrs ago by one of the PTC official when he mention abt this GPS ERP pricing.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Sometimes i think we are slowly killing ourselves. I have spoken with some friends in sales line, they are worried how to sustain the cost of their car. Buy new car cannot, renew COE also cannot, how to do sales?

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Bigbadguy
  • Bigbadguy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Like total lost of privacy leh =(
Everywhere you drive they also track. furious.gif thumbsdown.gif

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

or connect direct to battery leaving the GPS 24/7 on just like our ERP. so push car also start charging

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Bystander50
  • Bystander50
    Supercharged
    Author Image

knn....your wife will know where you go by looking at the monthly ERP bill...siao liao

See, that's the problem when we don't have privacy laws here.
If there are privacy laws, then high chance satellite ERP tracking cannot be implemented.

Don't be surprised some innovative dudes will come out with some ideas to make use of the new gadget in the car. See how ERP based carparks spring up after the introduction of the IUs.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

Nhrisuzu
  • Premium member
    Nhrisuzu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just cover the receiver.. the receiver cannot see the satellite.. lipsrsealed.gif

soon solar film installer will put "Do not need to cut opening for Satellite ERP!" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
In Loving Memory: 16.06.1952 - 11.12.2006
** i am NHR ISUZU.. call me NHR or ZU **

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Some, years, before, satellite and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users