New satellite-based ERP is ready

Billcoke

knn....your wife will know where you go by looking at the monthly ERP bill...siao liao

See, that's the problem when we don't have privacy laws here.

If there are privacy laws, then high chance satellite ERP tracking cannot be implemented.

Don't be surprised some innovative dudes will come out with some ideas to make use of the new gadget in the car. See how ERP based carparks spring up after the introduction of the IUs.

↡ Advertisement

It will never work because you can disconnect the fuse, while using the car.

Even so, you can wrap aluminum foil around the unit to cut out the GPS signal.

There will be a lot of potential loopholes.

And gov will have to enact alot more laws to prevent people from abusing the loopholes.

Having said that....I am really looking forward to zero ARF and COE, and charged based on per use basis.

The current one time payment, reduces the 'pain' and 'burden' that car owners feels while on the road; meaning already paid so much, die die use the car everyday everywhere.

When change to daily charges, people will feel the direct 'pain' for 365 days. Just like when petrol price hike up, people will feel the pain when refueling and try to drive less aggressively to save fuel.

If the distance basEd ERP is charged directly from the cash card every time, the 'pain' is felt everyday, which is very effective to control the driving habits.

Sometimes i think we are slowly killing ourselves. I have spoken with some friends in sales line, they are worried how to sustain the cost of their car. Buy new car cannot, renew COE also cannot, how to do sales?

Yeh, I'm one of them also, Car left 3 years plus and doing sales. If Car price don't drop, have to look for a job with higher transport allowance liao [dead]

or connect direct to battery leaving the GPS 24/7 on just like our ERP. so push car also start charging

Wait for Uncle Sam to adjust the accuracy of the satellites, then this whole thing will become a white elephant. But that includes all GPS units as well.

So we shall see how this thing will work in a major conflict involving Uncle Sam. During the 1st Gulf War, they adjusted the accuracies of the satellites to prevent their adversaries from using it.

LOL.... how big is Singapore to warrant satellite ERP charging? Report already say Singapore sibei small and may pose problem in such a highly densely built up landscape. If car is not inside CBD area, it is outside CBD area. If car is stuck inside CBD, just outside CBD also jam. Simi technology also no use one lah.

Want to have privacy? Simple, no phone, no car :D

Huh, No car still can la, No phone cannot la, Too dependant on it liao. I was sitting at BK one day waiting for my friend to come and so happen my tab low batt and i was left with the old Samsung omnia 2. And i feel totally lost as there nothing i can do but to slurp my ice barley (can't rem barley or ice tea). [:(] . Can't whatsapp, can't surf online quickly. can't watch video lol. :D

I got some girl friends even say they would rather leave their house without make up then to leave the house without their phones lol :D :D

Edited by Bigbadguy

How are they going to take peekture of offending vehicles?

They track your IU which i believe will be link to your car number?? not too sure also lol, Good Question.

.I am really looking forward to zero ARF and COE, and charged based on per use basis.
hahahahahahahahahaha u wait long long ar!!!

They will charge u ARF + COE on TOP of ur usage charges

They track your IU which i believe will be link to your car number?? not too sure also lol, Good Question.

our IU already link to our vehicle number. that is why if no pay ERP they know within 1 week and send summon.

It says that the new system may charge motorists according to where they go and how much distances they clock?! Sounds like those car sharing scheme, also charge by the total distance covered?! [confused]

It says that the new system may charge motorists according to where they go and how much distances they clock?! Sounds like those car sharing scheme, also charge by the total distance covered?! [confused]

USA can switch off GPS anytime or during war.

Also many will blame it on the poor GPS signal when they cheat.

I foresee a headache for the LTA to answer to all the loopholes tricks blaming fully on the GPS signals which NO ONE can guarantee.

get a phantom IU that binded to another phantom car plate...then make a car plate switch for changing car plates when needed...wahhh...007, or johnny english...

↡ Advertisement