New satellite-based ERP is ready

Billcoke

lai lai lai!!!! Ho sei liao!!!! Who wanna volunteer?

i still wont understand how they will get GPS to work in tunnels.

u need a sky view to have GPS

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

maybe they will simply assume you take the shortest path when you are back.

Like if we go inside multistory or basement car park, it assumes we travel 0 km.

• Praise 1

The only gd thing here i can ever envisage abt this system is the scrapping the anal rd tax pegged to displacement of our engines...

Holdens Taxis for Comfort Delgro soon :angry:

Peasant like us will juz have to be contented with B.M.W.T.T

I thinking of signing up as a teksi driver soon :wub:

surprising my dedicated GPS(not smart phone) works in KPE tunnel for the past 2 weeks..previously it was not able to :o

surprising my dedicated GPS(not smart phone) works in KPE tunnel for the past 2 weeks..previously it was not able to :o

WHAT?!?! :o

It's possible if the authorities installed some assistive GPS signal beacons in the tunnel. This will help GPS units to maintain a signal lock, hence giving accurate positioning even without a sky view.

Question remains though, how to ensure the accuracy of the GPS signal for the purpose of billing. And how to prevent signal jamming. [sly]

The BMWs i tested, the car navs work in tunnels.

I believe the GPR works on the principle where it take the average car speed (say 80km/hr in the tunnel) and it plot against the map so as it estimate the current location of the car in the tunnel...that's how some GPS works even there is no signal detected in the tunnel..not 100% accurate but it keep the map moving......most newer generation GPS have this capability....not as if the government so good to us by installing GPS bacon in the tunnel.

Edited by LoverofCar

tunnels no traffic lights... GPS estimate position base on last known speed'

thats my understanding of how it should work

Trust me, it will be declared as "World First".

This is the problem when this government is obsessed with boasting being the "World First" where the rest of the world don't even give a damm about the achievement.

You only see the sponsored "cheerleaders" or pom pom there trying to raise public interest in it and making a fool of themselves.

Anyway, till LTA or the gov is capable of launching SG's own GPS satellite, this ERP GPS will never be reliable.

You cannot control something which you do not own, in this case, the GPS belongs to Uncle Sam's DoD. Or is our LTA going to use the European, Chinese, Russian or Indian's GPS system?

If the 2 SOPS of the USAF were to tweat the accuracy, especially so during a major conflict, the whole GPS tracking will be in disarray.

Turbocharged

The BMWs i tested, the car navs work in tunnels.

There's this device galled the gyroscope, specifically used in inertial navigation system, is accurate enough to be used in ICBM..

Although i'm not sure whether it's used in the latest generation of satnavs..

This is the problem when this government is obsessed with boasting being the "World First" where the rest of the world don't even give a damm about the achievement.

You only see the sponsored "cheerleaders" or pom pom there trying to raise public interest in it and making a fool of themselves.

Anyway, till LTA or the gov is capable of launching SG's own GPS satellite, this ERP GPS will never be reliable.

You cannot control something which you do not own, in this case, the GPS belongs to Uncle Sam's DoD. Or is our LTA going to use the European, Chinese, Russian or Indian's GPS system?

If the 2 SOPS of the USAF were to tweat the accuracy, especially so during a major conflict, the whole GPS tracking will be in disarray.

If there is a major conflict, GPS reception shouldn't be something on top of someone list to worry about. Just saying.

If the system charges motorist according to where they go and the distance they clock, it merely make sense to let the existing expensive erp gantaries remain and just tax more on fuel. This accomplish the same results as distance based taxes and also where we go. Why need to implement shebang gizmos and ultimately pass the costs to motorists? The script writers need to work harder and try not to make their paymasters a laughing stock to the world.

Tax further on fuel??? no it doesnt work... it will only cause more jam at the causeway... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Coming soon.............. Satellite-base ERP ... :a-m1524:

One of the six could be used as ERP charges. The moment your car out on the road from a car park, you pay...... :yuush:  

Yahoo : India to launch six Singapore satellites in December

Bengaluru, Oct 16 (IANS) India would launch six satellites from Singapore, including a dedicated 500 kg earth observation spacecraft, in mid-December, a top space official said on Friday.

"The 500 kg dedicated satellite (TeLOS-1)will be a commercial launch for Singapore Technologies Electronics Ltd while five other smaller satellites are from Singapore universities," Indian space agency's commercial arm Antrix Corporation chairman and managing director V.S. Hegde told IANS here.

The polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV), the most reliable workhorse and trusted rocket of the Indian Space Research and Organisation (ISRO), will deploy the satellites into a near equatorial orbit, inclined 15 degrees lower to the south of equator.

"As Singapore has a cloudy weather most of the year, the observatory satellite will be put in a sun-synchronous polar orbit 550 km above the earth so that it could transmit signals round-the-clock, cloud disturbances notwithstanding," Hegde said on the margins of a defence and aerospace seminar.

According to the company subsidiary, (Satcom & Sensor Systems Pte Ltd), its first commercial satellite will carry an electro-optical camera capable of taking images at ground resolution of one metre.

"The observatory spacecraft will be used disaster and environment monitoring, maritime safety, urban planning and homeland security," Hegde noted.

The remote sensing satellite's positioning in the unique near equatorial orbit also allows its frequent revisits to areas of interest in equatorial regions at 96-minute intervals, delivering high data availability and responsiveness.

India will also launch another 900 kg dedicated communication satellite (Aisat) for the German space agency (GLR) in 2016 from its spaceport at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.

"Of the 23 satellites we have commercially contracted for launches in the earth's lower orbit from nine developed and developing countries, 21 smaller, micro and nano type are from Algeria, Canada, Indonesia, Japan and the US for communication, remote sensing, observational activities," Hegde added.

With demand for launching 1,500 satellites for various space and science applications from countries the world over, India is ramping up its capacity to launch as many of them, in view of its cost competitiveness and record expertise in sending them in lower orbits using PSLV over the decades.

Earlier, Hegde addressed a gathering of about 300 scientists, engineers, technologists and students of aeronautics at a seminar on "Developing and sustaining a vibrant R&D for aerospace and defence sector', organised in memory of late former president A.P.J.

Abdul Kalam here by the Society of Indian Aerospace Technologies and Industries.

linlk: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/india-launch-six-singapore-satellites-december-153050473.html

PAY AS YOU DRIVE   :a-aggressive:  a reality coming sooner than you expected........ :sick:

As early as next year ??? :confident:

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1